wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

The trailer shows off, goblins, goblin town, wargs, an eagle... So technicaly the goblin and warg set from lego shouldn't have a reason to be kept secret longer x]

We see a LOT more than just that. We also see the mountain giants, the trolls several times, Radagast's jack rabbit sled, a spider coming through Radagast's hut(?), and what looks like the Goblin King at the end (and if so, he is HUGE for a goblin!).

It looks like PJ did indeed change the overall look of the goblins and Wargs though, which makes me a little sad. The goblins appear more bulky and are now a pinkish tan color instead of green like in LotR. I liked the look of the LotR versions much more to these fat mutated looking babies :sceptic:

Edited by Deathleech

We see a LOT more than just that.

But that other stuff isn't part of scenes that relates to the Lego sets we believe are coming 2012.

We see a LOT more than just that. We also see the mountain giants, the trolls several times, Radagast's jack rabbit sled, a spider coming through Radagast's hut(?), and what looks like the Goblin King at the end (and if so, he is HUGE for a goblin!).

It looks like PJ did indeed change the overall look of the goblins and Wargs though, which makes me a little sad. The goblins appear more bulky and are now a pinkish tan color instead of green like in LotR. I liked the look of the LotR versions much more to these fat mutated looking babies :sceptic:

From my personal view I like the goblins,bulky,agly and point ears, cant wait to see them in lego form,about the wargs I like the wolfish style they have and in the trailer we can also see an eagle somewere at the end of the trailer,so expect we'll see them in the set but I cant imagine the whole picture of the set including wolfs,eagles burning trees and even goblins still cant wait to see other sets.

From my personal view I like the goblins,bulky,agly and point ears, cant wait to see them in lego form,about the wargs I like the wolfish style they have and in the trailer we can also see an eagle somewere at the end of the trailer,so expect we'll see them in the set but I cant imagine the whole picture of the set including wolfs,eagles burning trees and even goblins still cant wait to see other sets.

I have mixed feelings about the Wargs. Sure they look cool, but they look similar to every other wolf-creature we have seen in other movies now. I kinda liked before when they looked like hyenas, I think if they just slimmed them down a bit and had better CGI for them they could of looked fine.

As for the way the goblins look, I am just not a fan. They don't look like agile quick creatures that can scale walls and such anymore, they look more like something out of The Hills Have Eyes from what I can see. I mean sure some of the orcs looked the same in LotR, but they were also portrayed as being bulkier and stronger and not quite as agile. I don't like the look on the goblins.

I have mixed feelings about the Wargs. Sure they look cool, but they look similar to every other wolf-creature we have seen in other movies now. I kinda liked before when they looked like hyenas, I think if they just slimmed them down a bit and had better CGI for them they could of looked fine.

As for the way the goblins look, I am just not a fan. They don't look like agile quick creatures that can scale walls and such anymore, they look more like something out of The Hills Have Eyes from what I can see. I mean sure some of the orcs looked the same in LotR, but they were also portrayed as being bulkier and stronger and not quite as agile. I don't like the look on the goblins.

I dont say you have your opinion neither I'm so big fun of the wargs they look kinda dissapointing but still I'm happy for their new look but I got to admit the goblins are almost extacly as I always wanted to look like in the movies now we have to wait to see the goblin king I'm betting his bigger than the average goblin.

At the end you see the Great Goblin falling down on the dwarfs (that fat naked horrible looking creature :cry_sad: )

EDIT: It could be a troll, but look what he has on his head -> a crown :thumbdown:

Edited by Moexy

At the end you see the Great Goblin falling down on the dwarfs (that fat naked horrible looking creature :cry_sad: )

EDIT: It could be a troll, but look what he has on his head -> a crown :thumbdown:

how about you use spoiler alerts next time?

Sorry, but it has been said before some post back...

Promotional material for movies ususaly are not considered spoilers.

It also relates to lego, it's likely we get him as a figure in the lego set.

Will be interesting to see how lego decides to pull him off.

They were rabbits/hares/jackrabbits, not hengehogs.

Are you a member of theonering.net? You often seem to be the source of new information and seem pretty well informed.

I always seem to see it after you've posted ahah. Sorry for going off topic :D

Back on topic, there is potential for quite a few animals/monsters from this trailer alone. Trolls, Stone Giants, Hedgehogs, Hares, Wargs and possibly even the Great Goblin!

Are you a member of theonering.net? You often seem to be the source of new information and seem pretty well informed.

I always seem to see it after you've posted ahah. Sorry for going off topic :D

Back on topic, there is potential for quite a few animals/monsters from this trailer alone. Trolls, Stone Giants, Hedgehogs, Hares, Wargs and possibly even the Great Goblin!

I'm not a member of the one ring, I just like to keep informed with movies games etc. im excited for.

Looks like we might see a mold for the Great Goblin then, somewhat bigger than a minifig, but smaller than the cave troll, for example.

Though I do wonder what the creature we saw earlier could be, then... you know, the really ugly one with ears - it didn't look like the one in the trailer had ears.

You guys all Hobbit and LotR Fans so am i!!

...What's the point?

Edited by General Magma

Though I do wonder what the creature we saw earlier could be, then... you know, the really ugly one with ears - it didn't look like the one in the trailer had ears.

Concept for the great goblin, it does look quite similar compared, high at nose, low eyes and a breat big flobby chin.

...What's the point?

he is just new and excited to find so many of the people who think the same :)

I have to say that I am really impressed with the new box art for the Hobbit sets. I just cannot wait to see the rest of them. I personally really don't care about the differences between the LOTR goblins and warg riders and the Hobbit goblins and wargs since they could be different since they come from different parts of middle-earth and also all of the movies are based off of the books so in my head is could see them all looking slightly different. Anyway, those are just my two cents. :classic:

The thing is, though, the Wargs were always described as very wolf-like. It would seem they went in a direction more akin to the books this time.

The thing is, though, the Wargs were always described as very wolf-like. It would seem they went in a direction more akin to the books this time.

Oh I am well aware. In fact they are described almost exactly as wolves. I just thought the hyena look was a lot more unique, and since they already used it for all the LotR films before why not keep them looking similar for continuity sake? I do think the new wargs look better but the old ones would of looked fine IMO if they were a little sleeker and the CGI was better.

I realliy liked the trailer, now I'm even more excited for the sets coming.

On another topic I don't think you shouldn't be chasing posts like that LegoLotrGuy, anyway welcome to Eurobricks :classic:

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Oh I am well aware. In fact they are described almost exactly as wolves. I just thought the hyena look was a lot more unique, and since they already used it for all the LotR films before why not keep them looking similar for continuity sake? I do think the new wargs look better but the old ones would of looked fine IMO if they were a little sleeker and the CGI was better.

Not too long now can;t wait for Elrond.

There are trailers out which have different scenes at the end.

Have watched a few of them now, some are quite humorous!

The main aspect of the trailer is awesome, I cannot wait to see it!

There are trailers out which have different scenes at the end.

Have watched a few of them now, some are quite humorous!

The main aspect of the trailer is awesome, I cannot wait to see it!

I sincerly do hope that they release the pictures because it is so close to the release of the movie I heard that in OCT there would be a Hobbit day or something.

Right, because according to the book they ARE wolves. They are not great chunky mutated hyena-like beasts. They are big wolves, end of story. That hyena-type design was one of the worst things they came up with in TTT in my opinion, and I for one am really happy they have switched back to a wolf-like body. Movie purists can scream "CONTINUITY ERROR!!" all they like, I'd rather have something that conforms to the book.

Also, regarding the Lego versions, a wolf body is going to be much more useful for MOCing than the hyena beast. With a TTT warg, the only thing you can use if for is TTT MOCs. But a wolf warg can be used wherever you need a really big wolf. Game of Thrones direwolf, anyone?

Right, because according to the book they ARE wolves. They are not great chunky mutated hyena-like beasts. They are big wolves, end of story. That hyena-type design was one of the worst things they came up with in TTT in my opinion, and I for one am really happy they have switched back to a wolf-like body. Movie purists can scream "CONTINUITY ERROR!!" all they like, I'd rather have something that conforms to the book.

Also, regarding the Lego versions, a wolf body is going to be much more useful for MOCing than the hyena beast. With a TTT warg, the only thing you can use if for is TTT MOCs. But a wolf warg can be used wherever you need a really big wolf. Game of Thrones direwolf, anyone?

I agree, in the book they are definitely giant wolves and I think they will be more useful that way in LEGO :thumbup: