wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Hi. The keychains I have seen so fare are-Ghandalf,mordor orc and Gimli. There may be more so I will let you know if I find anything else :wink: .

EDIT-beaten to it by Haltiamieli

Edited by The Joker1

It's not just a money grab. To you and anyone else who rages about the Hobbit trilogy, this is a brilliantly thorough post from a premier Tolkien scholar explaining why a Hobbit trilogy is not only good but necessary:

Hobbit Trilogy

give us as much as possible, I love the way he produces epic fantasy movies :)

It's not just a money grab. To you and anyone else who rages about the Hobbit trilogy, this is a brilliantly thorough post from a premier Tolkien scholar explaining why a Hobbit trilogy is not only good but necessary:

Hobbit Trilogy

I find that explanation for the films to be clear and correct about the intentions and full potential for this trilogy.

Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Great photoshop!

My heart jumped for joy at the magnet set but then I realised it was glued. Does anyone know how to remedy the glue?

And how do you make keychains exactly like the other minifigs?

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/lego-glued-magnet-removal/

Apparently you can boil them to loosen the bond of the glue and then pull them apart. should be easy to replace the legs on those minifigures as there is no printing on them too. Ive never tried it myself but I might do to get a hold of that ringwraith.

Also you can remove the key chains with a soldering iron, the figs will be left with a hole in the head though.

Great photoshop!

My heart jumped for joy at the magnet set but then I realised it was glued. Does anyone know how to remedy the glue?

And how do you make keychains exactly like the other minifigs?

There really isn't a way of turning a minifig from a key chain or magnet to turn it into a normal minifig since just as it is shown in the comment above there are ways to get it lose but it still will have flaws.

I'd say bricklink is much less of an hassle to obtain minifigures. If the prince is too high atm, just have patience! :classic:

There really isn't a way of turning a minifig from a key chain or magnet to turn it into a normal minifig since just as it is shown in the comment above there are ways to get it lose but it still will have flaws.

Which is a huge shame too. Lego could sell their keychains like hotcakes if they had some attachment under the neck that held the figure to the chain and could be easily removed like the capes/arrow quivers, etc. by popping the head off. That way you could use the figure as a keychain OR a normal minifig.

Edited by Deathleech

While I was browsing brickipedia I've found this screenshot:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120816172644/lego/images/thumb/4/45/OldMan_arrowshot_helmsDeep.jpg/1000px-OldMan_arrowshot_helmsDeep.jpg

Look at the warriors, they have Rohan helmet but torso of solider from Last Alliance. Interesting. :oh:*huh*

Must be an error... in the other video they all had beards and wore chainmail armor.

Looks like this is a bit of what the Last Alliance soldiers will look like.

Must be an error... in the other video they all had beards and wore chainmail armor.

Looks like this is a bit of what the Last Alliance soldiers will look like.

It can be from preliminary/beta version of game.

While I was browsing brickipedia I've found this screenshot:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120816172644/lego/images/thumb/4/45/OldMan_arrowshot_helmsDeep.jpg/1000px-OldMan_arrowshot_helmsDeep.jpg

Look at the warriors, they have Rohan helmet but torso of solider from Last Alliance. Interesting. :oh:*huh*

Yeah it was just temporary, they keep releaseing screens and videos showing the unfinished games. Just like the trailer with the moria orcs and hobbit hair.

Personaly I think they should wait to show stuff before it looks proper.

In the LSW forums someone who has seen the upcoming retailer's catalogue told us that there would not be any LOTR sets in the next wave - just Hobbit ones. I am a little disappointed to read that. Doesn't LOTR sell well? Why don't they mix the two lines a bit?! Are there chances for any exclusives?

In the LSW forums someone who has seen the upcoming retailer's catalogue told us that there would not be any LOTR sets in the next wave - just Hobbit ones. I am a little disappointed to read that. Doesn't LOTR sell well? Why don't they mix the two lines a bit?! Are there chances for any exclusives?

Ehh, I can see that being true. Remember the Hobbit movie is coming out only a few weeks after the Lego Hobbit sets are released. It makes sense then that Lego would want to release as many Hobbit-themed sets as possible to ride the inevitable wave of hype that will be going on at the time. I am sure the 2013 waves will have a lot more LotR inspired sets, and might even have waves that have some sets from both the Hobbit and LotR mixed. There are just SOO many LotR sets they could make, they barely did any Return of the King sets save Shelob Attacks in the first wave so you know they have to have a ton more based on that film alone. I won't lie, I am a lil disappointed by this news, but I am sure more LotR sets will come in the future.

Noone really expected that.

Keep in mind the Hobbit and Lord of the rings IS NOT the same theme.

Anyways theres usualy 6 or 7 sets in one wave,,, and they already need those 6/7 sets for hobbit scenes.

Well, you both are right with your reasons. Still, i wonder - the LOTR line was released without any movie just around the corner. I interpret the reception to be generally positive with MOCs and elaborate ideas on further sets spreading. Wouldn't it be a good move to have the lines running parallel? Middle Earth is a great fantasy setting, offering interesting spots for kids and AFOLs alike.

Some 20 years ago i read the Hobbit - after having read LOTR. My disappointment couldn't have been any greater. While it's a good fantasy story setting, it really is a book for kids - which is originally what J.R.R. Tolkien had intended. We can assume that Jackson once again will create a cineastic and entertaining show which positively differs from the source material. However, adding some spicy LOTR scenes to the LEGO lines would not harm, IMHO. The user i mentioned pointed out that there would not be anything about LOTR in the next wave. This leaves me with mixed feelings and pretty much lowered expectations.

That's almost like saying that sets based on the the Star Wars prequels aren't in the same theme as ones from the original trilogy...

I'd say The Hobbit is more or less a "subtheme" of Lord of the Rings, kinda like Clone Wars and Star Wars. :classic:

Some 20 years ago i read the Hobbit - after having read LOTR. My disappointment couldn't have been any greater. While it's a good fantasy story setting, it really is a book for kids.... This leaves me with mixed feelings and pretty much lowered expectations.

I think it is really funny when we start to distinguish between The Hobbit and LotR as one being for kids and the other for adults considering that the former is the prequel to the latter. And especially when this kind of distinguishing is made by adults who collect kids toys.

When it comes to Lego SW or LotR, kids and AFOLs are not that much different from one another.

I'd say The Hobbit is more or less a "subtheme" of Lord of the Rings, kinda like Clone Wars and Star Wars. :classic:

With lotr & the hobbit neither is the subtheme of the other.

with star wars thers "star wars" that is the branding for all the subthems, sharing the same box art.

There is no overarching "middle earth/tolkien" theme. And they will both have their own packaging designs.

They also got seperate websites.

A better word for "theme" in this context is "brand"

Edited by deskp

Eh... not really. The Hobbit is classic literature. Clone Wars is franchise-milking trash.

Eh... not really. The Hobbit is classic literature. Clone Wars is franchise-milking trash.

I'm aware of that. I was referring to The Hobbit and Clone Wars LEGO, not the source material. (And by the way...TCW isn't that bad.)