wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Bombur looks a lot better from that angle. You can see the slope of his belly.

And look at Thror’s Map! *swoon*

Edited by Falconer

Isn't the door a round 6x6?

Edit: Orange flowers too?!

Nah the way it's linked on top in 4 spots makes me think it's just the 4X4 quarter round bricks seen in the Race 3000 board game, the back of Slave 1, the droid escape pod, etc.

It looks good enough, I suppose. Accurate, and I can't imagine LEGO doing much better with the organic feel the Shire has. I fear the Weathertop Effect though. Solid build, good parts, terrible price. :sadnew:

Seriously though, that's a lot of green. *huh*

That's what Bag end is! I think it looks pretty good, and all that green is great for castle MOC'ing.

Well done TLG, I can't wait to see the inside!! :wub:

Great set. I am excited to see it that door and all the pieces! I'm guessing their is an interior as the door is cracked open and you can see some bits inside.

Hopefully there will be some more shots soon!

Mikey

I think the flowers are not orange, just yellow and in shadow. Here’s the full-res version:

202331_10150950465518403_2070537941_o.jpg

Edited by Falconer

I think the flowers are not orange, just yellow and in shadow.

Yeah, I'm sure they are just going to use the standard yellow, white and red flowers.

I'm sensing a light brick. :thumbup:

With this high-res version, the details look very interesting. Balin's face is happy in this picture, I see something on the back of Dwalin's head; perhaps all the dwarves have dual face printing?

OMG That set is a total must have for me. So far I couldn't care much about the whole LOTR licence, but I just love this one!

Beautiful! I am not entirely sure about the rooftop which could look a bit more organic and seemless, but I like the set a lot.

With this high-res version, the details look very interesting. Balin's face is happy in this picture, I see something on the back of Dwalin's head; perhaps all the dwarves have dual face printing?

Yep, they most likely will, even Bombur.

The only figure without back printing on the head in the entire LOTR line-up was Gandalf, and that was because of his hat not covering the back of his head.

Dwalin with a second face would look awkward, but I'm sure there should be some kind of detailing on the back instead of a second face.

Excellent! Truly characteristic, great shape and detail, and the minifigures are just too good.

That's a lot of pieces; I expect this to be around $60. However, unlike Weathertop, this set seems to be worth it. :thumbup: (If it is indeed $60 and not more.)

The only figure without back printing on the head in the entire LOTR line-up was Gandalf, and that was because of his hat not covering the back of his head.

There was also the Berserker Uruk-hai and the Mordor orcs. Technically Gollum too, but I guess he doesn't count. :tongue: Anyway, it's not without precedent to have a single-face head in this line.

Edited by Stiel

I'm sensing a light brick. :thumbup:

I doubt Dwalin will have an alternate face since most of the back of his head is exposed. Possibly he will just have more scars. Also, I love Balin's happy face! And Falconer, good call on Thror's map! It looks epic!

There was also the Berserker Uruk-hai and the Mordor orcs.

They all have back head printing, it's just not of a face. :sweet:

This looks like a awesome display piece! The only thing missing is a little smoke coming out of the chimney!

If i remember right the germany retailer listed this one for 80€ so i guess it's not in the "Attack on weathertop"price-range!

Wow, what a wonderful set! They did a great job capturing the quaint/homey aspect of a hobbit hole :classic: The printed brown door looks great and, as others above me have said, there is very likely a light brick in the set (+1 in my book). It looks like a $60 set but I could see them selling it between $60 and $80. A printed Thorin's map is a nice piece (that I didn't consider but is obvious to include) and naturally Bombur is nomming on a sausage :tongue: Overall this set looks like a winner to me, can't wait to see the insides and the rest of the Hobbit sets!

7558333554_bd8a01aed1_m.jpg

I also sense a tiled back wall, although I do fear they are stickers as opposed to the lovely prints like Uruk-hai army gave us