wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Just noticed, but Bombur;s hair piece goes over his whole torso, making him look fat! :laugh:

I love the minifigures (Bombur is looking a bit odd, though...), but I'm annoyed that Bilbo's face isn't ideal for a Sherlock-era Doctor Watson. Eh, I think I've got my priorities messed up a bit...

Hmm, some nice new pieces here.

I wonder if there's any particular reason Bombur has a larger chest? He stands out a bit from the others.

Okay, looked it up. I know why now. :laugh:

Edited by Delta 38

Hello fellow members: does anyone knows a good way to get a better looking aragorn(pants and cape). Thanks

Whoa! Exciting news overnight!

That Balin figure is magnificent! Given I'm a sucker for dwarves as is, but this... damn well design by TLC nowadays!

Be well!

Cutty

On another note, these figures all look like they'll be part of one set, and Bilbo's in his casual clothing. I bet these are all from a Bag End set. :sweet:

Is it just rumor there is a bag end set, or has something been stated?

Is it just rumor there is a bag end set, or has something been stated?

Well, the picture's filename includes 79003, which is known to be the set number of an upcoming Hobbit set, and the assortment of figures suggests that this set should be Bag End (Bilbo is wearing his home clothes, no enemies etc.). So it is speculation, but pretty solid in my opinion.

Well, the picture's filename includes 79003, which is known to be the set number of an upcoming Hobbit set, and the assortment of figures suggests that this set should be Bag End (Bilbo is wearing his home clothes, no enemies etc.). So it is speculation, but pretty solid in my opinion.

I agree, this is most probably Bag End

Love these figures.

What makes me smile is that Bofur can be customised into James Nesbitt's (he plays Bofur, fairly famous in the UK) character from Murphy's Law

murphy.jpg

And of course we can make a custom John Watson as well!

Edited by MattZitron

Even I might buy one of these, just for the minifigures. Hopefully at some point we'll get Smaug.

And of course we can make a custom John Watson as well!

With Martin Freeman's face, right? The best thing is that Benedict Cumberbatch is also in the movie, so there's a pretty good chance of getting Sherlock as well. :D

With Martin Freeman's face, right? The best thing is that Benedict Cumberbatch is also in the movie, so there's a pretty good chance of getting Sherlock as well. :D

Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Smaug, so don't expect a regular LEGO minifigure face for him.

Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Smaug, so don't expect a regular LEGO minifigure face for him.

I wasen't expecting any minifigure face on a dragon :tongue:

What's that inside Bombur's beard? Looks something like an air tank to me by the forms of it. Is it supposed to be his stomach? If yes then it starts way, way too high. That protrusion goes above even his shoulder making him look extremely odd. But even if it started lower it would be still odd. It doesn't seem like as he has a nice round belly with his beard laying on it. Instead it seems like as if he had an extra protruding body part on top of his belly inside the beard.

Or is it just me that's bothered by it?

What's that inside Bombur's beard? Looks something like an air tank to me by the forms of it. Is it supposed to be his stomach? If yes then it starts way, way too high. That protrusion goes above even his shoulder making him look extremely odd. But even if it started lower it would be still odd. It doesn't seem like as he has a nice round belly with his beard laying on it. Instead it seems like as if he had an extra protruding body part on top of his belly inside the beard.

Or is it just me that's bothered by it?

I agree, I don't find the Bombur minifigure as appealing as the other minifigs :sceptic:

Wow, they sure went all-out with expensive new molds in abundance. Good news to most, but bad news to those of us who had hoped we'd get reasonable prices on some of the Hobbit sets. :sceptic:

Some of those beards are great though, and a few of the torsos look real good. I do not understand why Gandalf is exactly the same as in Gandalf Arrives, he should at least have a darker and thus younger-looking beard.

And I really really don't like what they've done to make one of the figs fat... apart from it looking extremely weird and making his beard only useable with that particular torso, I think it's a wrong direction to go away from the classic minifig shape. I mean, what's next, breasts on females? :wacko:

The new figures looks great, specially Bilbo. He looks like 'Bilbo'. :classic: In my opinion (I'm not fond of fleshies), these LOTR and Hobbit sets really have great minifigures with more and more details.

How cool is that, 4 dwarves in the first of 6 sets... would all 13 come in the 6 sets?

Bag's End

Dwalin, Bofur, Bombur and Balin

Misty Mountains

Fili & Kili

Warg Chase

Ori

Mirkwood

Nori & Dori

Dungeon of the Elven King

Bifur

Escape the Trolls

Thorin

Rivendell

Gloin & Oin

Wouldn't this be cool.

It would be something like that narbilu.

Looking at what they did with the Fellowship, there is no way they will put all the dwarves in one set. It makes people buy more this way!

How cool is that, 4 dwarves in the first of 6 sets... would all 13 come in the 6 sets?

Bag's End

Dwalin, Bofur, Bombur and Balin

Misty Mountains

Fili & Kili

Warg Chase

Ori

Mirkwood

Nori & Dori

Dungeon of the Elven King

Bifur

Escape the Trolls

Thorin

Rivendell

Gloin & Oin

Wouldn't this be cool.

Wouldn't Fili and Kili be better suited for mirkwood/elven encounter. Seeing as Kili gets a crush on Tauriel(?) and both Fili and Kili do some lookout/scouting there?

Also the propability of there being a "riddles in the dark" set is quite high it would propably be the cheap set of the wave and not feature any dwarves. Unless its part of a larger goblin halls/gollum cave set.

Wouldn't Fili and Kili be better suited for mirkwood/elven encounter. Seeing as Kili gets a crush on Tauriel(?) and both Fili and Kili do some lookout/scouting there?

Fili & Kili are also the two dwarves who seek out a cave to sleep in (that's why), but both could happen :sweet:

Edited by narbilu

Though he's also Sauron, which is at least something slightly more humanoid. =J

Awesome as I knew they would be!!!! Just wish, wish, wish, LEGO could come up with some movable mini legs. That would make the Dwarves the must have figs of the year.