wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Hello all:

I recently bought the Uruk-hai army set, and noticed something. As far as I remember, Eomer never wore a cape, but the other riders of Rohan did. Anyone else notice this?

Has been noted several times before in the 'LOTR 2012' thread.

I guess they did it because the soldier was using a quiver, and they might still have wanted to add in a cape - you can always switch it around and give it to the

soldier, instead of Éomer. Not sure why you made a separate thread for this.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Hello all:

I recently bought the Uruk-hai army set, and noticed something. As far as I remember, Eomer never wore a cape, but the other riders of Rohan did. Anyone else notice this?

Topic merged into the LOTR 2012 discussion. Please continue in here. Thank you.

Nice video about Orc Forge, it's definetly a fun set of working orcs (though I've bought Helm's Deep at last). The video reminds me of old silent films, it should be black-and white))

He did wear a cape, but only in the crowning scene in RotK.

I figured I'd post this here to avoid crossing the "new topic Gestapo", but can someone explain to me why this licensed theme with which the only historical context is that people used to build castles, protect them with knights and once believed in wizards and magical creatures? I was just wondering, seeing as the site moderators can be quite touchy about little details like that.

=)

The licenses forum has enough stuff going on at the moment and LOTR ties in nicely with the fantasy themes and Historica.

Don't let it bug you too much.

130E for Helms Deep = $165 compared to Barnes and Nobles $99 price. Think I'll wait a few months to see if there are any UK discounts instead of paying the early adopter's (mug's) premium.

I figured I'd post this here to avoid crossing the "new topic Gestapo", but can someone explain to me why this licensed theme with which the only historical context is that people used to build castles, protect them with knights and once believed in wizards and magical creatures? I was just wondering, seeing as the site moderators can be quite touchy about little details like that.

=)

Because it is basically the Castle/Kingdoms replacement. Yeah it's licensed, but it fits into that Castle niche the same way that PotC fit into the classic Pirates niche and is covered on the Pirates board instead of the licensed one.

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you who live in the Pacific Northwest have seen any of the Orc Forge sets at their local Target stores. I've been going to my local Target stores for the past few weeks and still haven't seen them :sceptic:

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you who live in the Pacific Northwest have seen any of the Orc Forge sets at their local Target stores. I've been going to my local Target stores for the past few weeks and still haven't seen them :sceptic:

I'm in the midwest and they literally just showed up here last week. So maybe soon?

I'm in the midwest and they literally just showed up here last week. So maybe soon?

Thanks for the info prozac, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this weekend.

If you happen to live in or near Washington state you could go to one of the two official Lego stores there. I don't know if the Oregon Lego store has them but, you could try them as well. As far as Target is concerned I wouldn't wait around for them as they have been horrible in terms of selection and they are beginning to charge the same overcharged prices as ToysRus. :angry:

So, yeah I would difinately try to go to the nearest Lego store or buy them from S&H. Hope that helps. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

uhm sorry this double posted could someone with authority delete this post? if not that's fine too, increases my post count :laugh:

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Hi guys, I have asked a friend in the states to get me some LOTR, does anyone know what stores they are available in (florida) for normal prices? (130 usd helms deep) (or discounted, I don't mind :wink: )

If you happen to live in or near Washington state you could go to one of the two official Lego stores there. I don't know if the Oregon Lego store has them but, you could try them as well. As far as Target is concerned I wouldn't wait around for them as they have been horrible in terms of selection and they are beginning to charge the same overcharged prices as ToysRus. :angry:

So, yeah I would difinately try to go to the nearest Lego store or buy them from S&H. Hope that helps. :classic:

I thought it was only exclusive to Target stores - but that does make sense that it'd be at Lego stores. Yes, Oregon does have a Lego store, I'll have to stop by.

To all the Australian LOTR Lego fans,

It seems Big W is stocking the Orc Forge -as well as the other sets- on its shelves, seen it at two stores so far.

I don't think the Aussie Target and US Target are related, so Big W must have got the exclusive.

To LOTR Australian Lego fans,

I have another thing Myer has 20 percent off all Lego and Big W has 25% Helms Deep. Toys R Us has it for 199$ but

Big W has it not on special for 174$. The orc forge is 64$ and Uruk Hai set is 48$

Edited by Duke of wellington

just to let my fellow german LOTR friends know:

amazon.de started shipping yesterday shelob's attack and uruk-hai army and another german toystore on ebay shipped weathertop on monday (this seems to be exclusive to idee+spiel shops). so it has begun! :-) the other sets are still marked as shipping on 23rd of june.

regards,

kenzaburo

Edited by kenzaburo

To all the Australian LOTR Lego fans,

It seems Big W is stocking the Orc Forge -as well as the other sets- on its shelves, seen it at two stores so far.

I don't think the Aussie Target and US Target are related, so Big W must have got the exclusive.

Yep Big W have the SW exclusive too (9494). Good week for Aussie LEGO fans, as of tomorrow both Myer and Target have 20% off all LEGO, most stores seem to have the LOTR kit in stock.

=)

There's an entire topic already as to why this occurred. There's no reason to start a topic when there's an existing one. The Staff merely work hard to keep discussions together. How many threads do you want to sift through when you're searching for information on a topic?

For future reference, referring to people as "Gestapo" in such an off-handed manner is not a good idea. Especially when those people have the power to ban you. I realize you were trying to be funny but you're not succeeding, so don't do it again.

I haven't noticed any price increases at target around here. Wal mart has been getting them the last week or 2 as well.