wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I definitely would love sets based on the BFME games. The Glofindel from that game is how I want him to look in minifig form. Also, the Mountain Giants would be cool, and they could do sets with random pieces based on a certain faction to recreate the character creation aspect of the games.

...after all! :devil:

We saw a lot of LotR videogames for the last years. The option for a longer license is allways open. I think it would be wise to create LEGO-sets based of present/future videogames.

What do you think regarding The Battle for Middle-earth :wink:

The_Battle_for_Middle-earth_II.png

You sir, I love... This is the oldest game I own that I still play. I love this game forever.

You sir, I love... This is the oldest game I own that I still play. I love this game forever.

It, along with the Rise of the Witch-King expansion, is the best LOTR game to date. No game has ever surpassed its level of awesomeness. It would be really cool to see sets based on the ROTWK expansion story,with sets based on Carn Dûm, the Barrow Downs, Fornost, and many others. Also, the characters would be epic! Rogash would be so cool, Karsh would be interesting to see (probably would be similar to the dementors), and the Black Numenoreans would look really cool, only needing a new helmet mould. Anyway, this (kinda) belongs in the Future sets thread, so I'll stop making wish lists. Still, it would be epic.

Also, one more thing: the Wyrm!

It, along with the Rise of the Witch-King expansion, is the best LOTR game to date. No game has ever surpassed its level of awesomeness. It would be really cool to see sets based on the ROTWK expansion story,with sets based on Carn Dûm, the Barrow Downs, Fornost, and many others. Also, the characters would be epic! Rogash would be so cool, Karsh would be interesting to see (probably would be similar to the dementors), and the Black Numenoreans would look really cool, only needing a new helmet mould. Anyway, this (kinda) belongs in the Future sets thread, so I'll stop making wish lists. Still, it would be epic.

Also, one more thing: the Wyrm!

Those game were made by EA, lego is working with WB, ALso there is no reason for these game to be connected to lego in any way.

I certainly wouldn't want lego to waste time on sets not part of the hobbit 1,2 or the trilogy.

I would love to see sets based on the games! A trio of minifigures based on the Elf, Man, and Dwarf from 'War in the North' would be epic.

I would love to see sets based on the games! A trio of minifigures based on the Elf, Man, and Dwarf from 'War in the North' would be epic.

I second that! That Dunedain ranger alone would be sweet!

I second that! That Dunedain ranger alone would be sweet!

Hopefully we'll get ithilien rangers from the movie.

The new lego LOTR sets are great. They are so detailed and the minifigures are interesting. :thumbup:

Do we know anything about the winter wave? Will it be all hobbit sets or might there be a few from lotr?

Do we know anything about the winter wave? Will it be all hobbit sets or might there be a few from lotr?

There's evidence pointing towards a few LOTR sets being mixed in there.

That "evidence" doesent realy specify if its talking about lotr or the hobbit.

That "evidence" doesent realy specify if its talking about lotr or the hobbit.

There is no evidence, just hints and rumors. I would love to see a full Hobbit wave, with two LOTR battle packs as transition sets from LOTR to the Hobbit. I would ove to see Lorien elves who fought at Helm's Deep, but I'm still really excited to see what the Mirkwood elves look like from the Hobbit, cause they could end up looking better than all the other elven warriors, which means I would want a bunch of them.

Maybe this year's Winter Village set will be a snow covered Bag End. Play features could include Gandalf as Santa; Sauron getting coal in his stocking; and Merry & Pippin decorating the Ents.

"You. Shall not pass!!! If you were naughty."

Edited by gotoAndLego

Maybe this year's Winter Village set will be a snow covered Bag End. Play features could include Gandalf as Santa; Sauron getting coal in his stocking; and Merry & Pippin decorating the Ents.

"You. Shall not pass!!! If you were naughty."

This would be my favorite set of all time.

Hobbit sets for this December and the next. :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: That practically confirms another wave of Lord of the Rings next May, in my mind.

Makes sense. :thumbup:

I think Lego probably has this planned: (these are my predictions and as such are subject to debate):

First hobbit wave this christmas. They will still have enough of the initial 7 LOTR sets for sale.

May 2013, A second wave of LOTR. They are probably already roughly planned, if not designed already. They'll focus more on Return of the King, with at least 2 sets depicting the battle of Gondor (with at least one of those with Eowyn and the Witch King). At least one set related to Isengard/Orthanc, with the obligatory Saruman. At least one set involving Treebeard/Ents. One small set focusing on the destruction of the Ring. The rest is up to anyone's guess. (King of the Dead scene? Rivendell scene?)

If Lego doesn't produce a Saruman or either of the 3 main female characters, I predict a backlash, and a vast increase of popularity of custom figs depicting them. (I'm already eyeing a few sold on eBay)

Christmas 2013, 2nd hobbit movie line. Initial 2012 LOTR wave is discontinued by that point, with 2013 summer's LOTR set is available.

May 2014 is when things REALLY start to depend on the overall success of the line so far. If successful, THEN maybe we'll start seing some adult oriented UCS sets.

I also predict that in the next few months, we'll know if Lego ever plans on upgrading the design of their short legs to something more poseable, because with 1 hobbit and 13 dwarves, this is the best time, in their entire history, for them to consider it.

Has anyone noticed different quality in the boxes for the sets? I went to Toys r us and the boxes looked all nice and glossy, but the prices were too high. So i went to Walmart and i noticed the boxes had no gloss look to it and looked a bit dull. Almost seemed like the color of the box was off too. Not a big deal just something i noticed.

Has anyone noticed different quality in the boxes for the sets? I went to Toys r us and the boxes looked all nice and glossy, but the prices were too high. So i went to Walmart and i noticed the boxes had no gloss look to it and looked a bit dull. Almost seemed like the color of the box was off too. Not a big deal just something i noticed.

Could you post some pictures to support this? :sceptic:

Could you post some pictures to support this? :sceptic:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have seen this many times and it is no big deal. They just forget to put gloss on the boxes sometimes and it doesn't really effect the quality of the sets. That being said I would stay away from walmart. Their quality is always questionable and I sometimes wonder if they buy all of their sets from china in order to increase their net profit. I wouldn't let that reflect on the whole of Lego's quality control though. :classic:

Back on topic has anybody heard any information on the December Hobbit sets like names or set numbers?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have seen this many times and it is no big deal. They just forget to put gloss on the boxes sometimes and it doesn't really effect the quality of the sets. That being said I would stay away from walmart. Their quality is always questionable and I sometimes wonder if they buy all of their sets from china in order to increase their net profit. I wouldn't let that reflect on the whole of Lego's quality control though. :classic:

What? Wal-Mart, like every other store that carries Lego, gets it from the same source. Sets you buy at Wal-Mart are literally the same sets at Target or TRU or even online. So if Wal-Mart did order them from "China" (despite the fact the plant in Mexico was in charge, at least for figures), then so did Target and TRU and everyone else. And the sets are manufactured and shipped from Minnesota anyways for the US.

-Omi

What? Wal-Mart, like every other store that carries Lego, gets it from the same source. Sets you buy at Wal-Mart are literally the same sets at Target or TRU or even online. So if Wal-Mart did order them from "China" (despite the fact the plant in Mexico was in charge, at least for figures), then so did Target and TRU and everyone else. And the sets are manufactured and shipped from Minnesota anyways for the US.

-Omi

It's just something that I have noticed over the years is that the quality of products at Walmart is almost always less than getting the same brand products from elsewhere. Also I was unaware that Lego had a manufacturing facility in the US still. I thought that they had moved all of that to Mexico?