wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Anybody willing to pick up a few of The Battle of Helm's Deep (9474) from Canadian website and ship it to Michigan USA? I can care less about boxes. Depending on this shipping of course, for that price I'd take at least 2.

Thanks for the video game news! I like the look of Anduril and Aragorn having a cape. I wonder how closely the balrog resembles one that we might be seeing in a set.

That game looks... Incredible. I want it! So badly! I just wonder where the starting point will be ( Port Royal in POTC and Mos Eisley in SW). Probably the Shire.

That game looks... Incredible. I want it! So badly! I just wonder where the starting point will be ( Port Royal in POTC and Mos Eisley in SW). Probably the Shire.

The hub world wont be the same format as the old lego games, there will be side quests and stuff.

Im but sure it'll start in the shire non the less... post prelogue

Every body is going to want this! and this :devil:

Definitely in for both, though I'll army-build the Uruk. Really hope this is a mass retail item.

Whoa that poster looks awesome! Makes you wonder why they didn't give Aragorn a cape in the sets (not like that stopped me from giving him one).

Should I purchase 2 of Helm's Deep or 1 Mines of Moria and 1 Helms Deep? I've been having trouble deciding.

I always prefer to get one of each set and then go back for doubles if needed. That way if something happens, at least I have a few unique sets, rather than just doubles of one.

As such one can legitimately complain that using simple stick is not exactly accurate, though personally I think it is a good choice. Adding a cone or something else to the staff would make it look rather heavy and unbalanced, and wasting a new mold would not have been wise either, in my opinion.

Another thing to consider is that Gandalf's staff gets an upgrade after he fights the Balrog, so any later versions of him will not be using the same piece. It would be great, if not especially likely, if there is a new mold for his Gandalf the White staff. It's a lot cooler than his first staff anyway.

Argh polybags. Maybe I'll actually have to buy multiples of the Uruk-hai one online... this seems like a pretty good offer (at least, until an Uruk-hai battle pack shows up).

And yay, video game! I think they're actually using the voices from the films, which is great. :classic:

Thanks for posting game trailer. I've been picking the games up slowly and long after they come out so it is a great discount, but I almost want to get this one right away. I have yet to pay full price for one. I still have to beat Harry Potter and am almost done with the 1st Batman game. I don't know where I'll find the time to play LOTR, but that is the one I want to play the most!

The polybags are really exciting, although I probably won't be able to find any around here. If it is available like the Kingdoms archer, I will buy up as many as I can. More than likely we'll get tons of the Frodo one, just like the Harry Potter (because I need more Harry figures) and the Uruk bag will be impossible to find.

Anybody willing to pick up a few of The Battle of Helm's Deep (9474) from Canadian website and ship it to Michigan USA? I can care less about boxes. Depending on this shipping of course, for that price I'd take at least 2.

Where in Michigan are you? Just curious....I am not in Canada to ship to you, I am in Michigan as well. It seems that all of the AFOL's in Michigan are on the East Side of the state, and I am the lone West Sider.....Well, me and Tupac I guess.

Edited by Kayne

I was just reading a little thing about the new game, and it mentioned how there will be side quests. That got me thinking: could they make side quests based on scenes from the books only? I doubt it, but it would be cool to see an Old Forest side quest, a Fog on the Barrow-Downs side quest, and so on. It would really make it awesome.

Here is the thing I read:

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/lego-lord-of-the-rings-video-game-gets-a.php

I'm really excited about this game. At the beginning I thought that the voices would make it worse but now I see that this voices are taken from the films and that makes it a world better.

I don't really mind the voices, but I feel that some of the funny will be taken away now that they can talk.

Where in Michigan are you? Just curious....I am not in Canada to ship to you, I am in Michigan as well. It seems that all of the AFOL's in Michigan are on the East Side of the state, and I am the lone West Sider.....Well, me and Tupac I guess.

Im near Grand Rapids area. So Im with you guys. Is there a way we could reuinite-haha, have a member or two closest to the border cross over and pick up a crap load of these. I'd get 5 if possible, but even 2 would do it.

Im near Grand Rapids area. So Im with you guys. Is there a way we could reuinite-haha, have a member or two closest to the border cross over and pick up a crap load of these. I'd get 5 if possible, but even 2 would do it.

I live about 20 minutes north of Lapeer and about an hour drive from Lapeer to Canada. I don't like Port Huron though, cops there don't like me and go out of their way to pull me over :sceptic:

I live about 20 minutes north of Lapeer and about an hour drive from Lapeer to Canada. I don't like Port Huron though, cops there don't like me and go out of their way to pull me over :sceptic:

ookay ha-ha. Well if we get enough of us Michiganders to unite I'm sure we can send someone over. Now we would also need a Canadian member close to MI border who is willing for us to ship these to his/her address. Have a member or two pick'em up and we should be all set. Can we do this guys or what?

^ Too late guys. The price has now been corrected on the TRU website. Now it's just a waiting game on whether TRU honors the price error for those who were able to place an order.

I was just reading a little thing about the new game, and it mentioned how there will be side quests. That got me thinking: could they make side quests based on scenes from the books only? I doubt it, but it would be cool to see an Old Forest side quest, a Fog on the Barrow-Downs side quest, and so on. It would really make it awesome.

Here is the thing I read:

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/lego-lord-of-the-rings-video-game-gets-a.php

Side quest usualy arn't large story things. and unless they got the book license aswqell those things shuld not happen. f-ex saving citizens is a side quest in the batman games.

^ Too late guys. The price has now been corrected on the TRU website. Now it's just a waiting game on whether TRU honors the price error for those who were able to place an order.

Oh well, hopefully USA toys r us makes this mistake ha-ha.

Side quest usualy arn't large story things. and unless they got the book license aswqell those things shuld not happen. f-ex saving citizens is a side quest in the batman games.

Yeah, I know, they probably won't be based on book-only scenes. It was just me wishing. But, it still sounds promising. The last LEGO game I got was SW the Clone Wars. It was ok. I think the fact that they talk makes it so much better. It makes it more like a 'normal' game, if you get what I mean. It will be much better that Gandalf can tell Frodo the importance of the Ring, rather than have him show pictures or have a silly flashback.

Yesterday I ordered six in total (in one internet order of 1, and a phone order of 5). If they don't honor at least my internet order (where I have proof of the transaction), I'm calling the office of customer protection to file a formal complaint. So they WILL honor at least the first castle I bought, or else they have a world of hurt coming from me. I called my credit card company to verify; and they have only "frozen" the actual funds - they will only actually charge me when they ship and until that time I don't have to pay back any money to my Visa. TRU never sent me a confirmation email for the 5 castles I bought on the phone - maybe I should have placed them all on the website... :sad:

Still, it involved no risk at all to me. So thanks a lot for the heads up again :thumbup:

Funny how when they reverted back the price of both sets, they reduced Weathertop's price to Lego's MSRP of 74.99, getting rid of the maligned ToysRUs tax.