wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Has anyone done an in-depth review of the Orc Forge yet? I know brickset had one, but it was only a few pictures...

I don't know of one but I plan to get it next Saturday.

Finally caved and ordered Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and Uruk-Hai Army from the States tonight when the news hit Brickset that the line isn't being released in the UK until August... I can't be expected to wait that long for such awesome looking LEGO! :wacko:

Can't believe Australia is getting them in June! Usually we're last for everything... :(

I picked 'em up from Bricklink, cost me £71 incl. P&P which is pretty darn good considering that's probably only about £9 more than I'd pay at RRP to get them a month or two earlier.

Unfortunately, when importing from the US you can expect to receive an additional bill for 20% UK VAT from HMRC -assuming the exporter declares the full commercial value of the sets on the export forms. When I imported stuff from the US via FedEx I used to get a bill for the VAT a few weeks later from FedEx. The only way to avoid is to hand carry it thru the 'nothing to declare' aisle at the airport while trying not to look nervous....

Edited by Missing Brick

I went to Walmart last night. They had most of the LOTR sets. I live in NW Ohio if that tells you anything. We normally don't get things quickly so I was surprised they had them. I couldn't stop myself from buying Gandalf Arrives.

Review it! :sing:

Also Hobbit day is September 22 so that could also facter in to the later release date.

Hobbit Day? :wacko:

We keep telling you all, the Welsh are simply short and hairy, they are not in fact actual Hobbits. :laugh:

Review it! :sing:

You know there's already a review up for it, right? :look:

We keep telling you all, the Welsh are simply short and hairy, they are not in fact actual Hobbits. :laugh:

This made my day. :rofl:

20120525-152545-e1337989701997.jpg

Here's another review of Shelob Attacks posted here. In general I hate (HATE!!!) spiders, but this Shelob set has really won me over. Despite being a giant, disgusting spider, Shelob is one incredible LEGO creature! Even the minifigures in this set are awesome. I really can't believe that LEGO gave us a freaked-out, paralyzed, catatonic Frodo minifigure! I wasn't looking forward to this set at all, but with all the great accessories and minifigures, this set is a genuine hit (even to me!).

20120525-152602-e1337989624899.jpg

Hobbit Day? :wacko:

Must be because September 22 is both Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday :classic:

Must be because September 22 is both Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday :classic:

Yeah that is the reason. I believe I read somewhere that the Tolkien Society aka LOTR fan club celebrated Hobbit day and I do believe it is more popular in Europe than in the US but, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I do hope they come to Europe quicker than September or at least those of you in Europe can find some economical way of getting them from the US. On a separate note, I wonder what the chances of getting a well designed Bag End, Revendell, and/or Minas Tirith? Those are some sets that I would think would be rather challenging to design and produce at a decent cost so, I am wondering what do you think are the chances of Lego producing 1, 2, or all 3 of those sets now that we see the current wave? :classic:

I just bought Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-Hai Army today, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the new Lord of the Rings line! :thumbup: The minifigures and the new horses are fantastic, even Gollum (ugh!). However, my favorite thing about the LOTR line is Shelob (which is ironic, considering I hate spiders). She's hanging from a chain on a ceiling fan now (which I think is so cool that you can hang her up somewhere), and she's very well designed, and really sturdy too :thumbup::thumbup: .

I just bought Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-Hai Army today, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the new Lord of the Rings line! :thumbup: The minifigures and the new horses are fantastic, even Gollum (ugh!). However, my favorite thing about the LOTR line is Shelob (which is ironic, considering I hate spiders). She's hanging from a chain on a ceiling fan now (which I think is so cool that you can hang her up somewhere), and she's very well designed, and really sturdy too :thumbup::thumbup: .

I've purchased the same three sets so far and I agree with you that Shelob is awesome. Loving the LOTR theme. Gotta save now for the rest of them.

The LEGO site has been updated with Mines of Moria and some lame background music that isn't from the films.

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx?icmp=COUSFR35LOTR

The video for Moria shows an interesting light bley prototype of the Troll.

Also, I got Helm's Deep last night, and it is just amazing! Possibly the best castle LEGO has ever produced!

some lame background music that isn't from the films.

Hobbit maybe?

Or perhaps Lego could not acquire the music?

-Omi

Hobbit maybe?

Or perhaps Lego could not acquire the music?

-Omi

I'm guessing it's the latter. If the Hobbit trailer was any indication of what the music will be, the dwarf song will be turned into the theme for the group (much like the Fellowship theme in LOTR). THe music on the site sounds like very typical fantasy music, whereas Howard Shore's music sounds far more ancient, and should be instantly recognizable. The evidence on the site that they don't have the music makes me worried for the video game. I'm worried it will be like the POTC game, where they used music that wasn't in the film all through the game (only, they DID have the music for POTC :wacko: ). Still, the little video for Moria is the best so far, and showcases the features and figures nicely. I'm excited to see the animation for Helm's Deep!

Edited by Fives

The evidence on the site that they don't have the music makes me worried for the video game.

Not necessarily. Lego doesn't make the games, TT Games does. So while Lego could not acquire the rights to the music to be used, TT Games may have.

-Omi

Not necessarily. Lego doesn't make the games, TT Games does. So while Lego could not acquire the rights to the music to be used, TT Games may have.

-Omi

I forgot about that. I hope they use the correct music with the correct scenes, rather than have the Siege of Minas Tirith music in Shelob's Lair. Still, I think it might be the best LEGO game yet.

I forgot about that. I hope they use the correct music with the correct scenes, rather than have the Siege of Minas Tirith music in Shelob's Lair. Still, I think it might be the best LEGO game yet.

TT Games has been rather good with choosing the right themes and references with chapters for their games.

I was highly impressed with the fact that the end battle with the Joker from the Batman game was pretty much out of the Tim Burton Batman movie, with it being set in the Cathedral and had the music from that scene too.

So if they can do that right, LoTR will be fine. :)

-Omi

Are there any pictures of Helms Deep with some extra wall pieces and figs from Uruk army?

Are there any pictures of Helms Deep with some extra wall pieces and figs from Uruk army?

Look through the review hread for the set, some users have pictures of that.

Link for lazy people. :wink:

It really does look spectacular, a thousand more uruk-hai and it'd be perfect!