wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

If anyone has ordered from Lego's site recently, can you tell me which LOTR poster you recieved? I placed an order earlier this week and was thinking about placing another next week to see if I could get a different poster.

So they're not very compatible then in your opinion? :wink:

I was thinking to leave out Episode I :) If it wasn't for Darth Maul, I'd never watch it again.

If anyone has ordered from Lego's site recently, can you tell me which LOTR poster you recieved? I placed an order earlier this week and was thinking about placing another next week to see if I could get a different poster.

I placed an order on May 16 (so I could be sure to get the exclusive Hulk minifig) and received the Frodo poster. I believe Lego Shop is only giving away the Frodo poster but I could be wrong. I know Toys R Us is offering a free Aragorn or Legolas poster but I'm opposed to paying the TRU tax unless they're on sale.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12981490

Edited by newwavejunkie

I placed an order on May 16 (so I could be sure to get the exclusive Hulk minifig) and received the Frodo poster. I believe Lego Shop is only giving away the Frodo poster but I could be wrong. I know Toys R Us is offering a free Aragorn or Legolas poster but I'm opposed to paying the TRU tax unless they're on sale.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12981490

I see, thanks for that. I'll let you guys know which poster I get.

I agree, I can't pay TRU prices. At that point, I'd almost feel like the poster wasn't free, since I'd be paying so much more over MSRP to get it in the first place.

I think S@H even said exclusive Frodo poster with purchase. I think only a Frodo poster is given out (the same one they displayed when they first revealed the theme).

The last money TRU took from me was last summer on a 3 for 2 deal. I haven't purchased anything there since due to the high mark-up. I am still blown away that they are still in business and so many people still buy Lego from them with knowledge of the mark-up. But to each their own. If it wasn't for shipping, I would only buy from S@H.

As far as the theme, it is simply brilliant. I wasn't that excited originally, more surprised than anything. But now that I have rewatched the movies and built a few sets, I am more in love with this theme than expected. I can't wait to see future waves!

The last money TRU took from me was last summer on a 3 for 2 deal. I haven't purchased anything there since due to the high mark-up. I am still blown away that they are still in business and so many people still buy Lego from them with knowledge of the mark-up. But to each their own. If it wasn't for shipping, I would only buy from S@H.

Agreed. They have some good deals around Christmas. I picked up the Mill Village Raid, Dino HQ Compound, and a few other Dino sets at a pretty good price at buy one get one half off. I did just purchase the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape but only because it's a TRU exclusive, I don't have a Lego store in my city, and it would've cost about the same with tax and shipping to buy it from the Lego website.

But I don't want to get too far off topic. I just received Attack on Weathertop set yesterday and absolutely love it. It is ridiculously over-priced but it's a nice little set with great details. And the minifigs are just superb. The hobbits are simply gorgeous and I love the Nazgul (and especially their horses)! And I was even pleasantly surprised with Aragorn. I'd been iffy on him because of the color choices on his torso (particularly his bley tunic) but it doesn't look too bad in person. In most of the pictures I've seen online, it looks like his tunic is light bley but it's actually dark bley and looks decent. Still don't think it's very screen accurate but it's not as bad as I had expected.

Are there two people from Sydney interested in buying Helm's Deep, Attack on Weathertop or/ and Uruk-hai army at (near) US prices?

I just read in the Buy, Sell, Trade & Find forum that Meyer is having a 3 for 2 sale this weekend.

So meeting up with 2 others, we would get 3 Helm's Deep for 400 (133 each), 3 Weathertops for 180 (60 each) or 3 Uruk-hai armies for 120 (40 each). I don't think we'll see it cheaper any time soon. If anybody is interested, please let me know. :classic:

Apologies for the bold writing and also posting in the Sales forum, but this is pretty short-notice and a unique opportunity for us in Australia. :cry_happy:

I've just tweeted the LEGO Group to see if they can give me a rough date for this line in the UK. They said mid-to-late June for Australia so I'm wondering whether it'll be the same here. I hope it's fairly soon though as I don't know how much longer I can keep waiting with all the reviews floating about showing how awesome these are :sceptic:

Found some interesting listing on Amazon france!

Lego Games - 3920 - Jeu de Société - The Hobbit

Any one know more?

Edited by GRogall

Lego Games - 3920 - Jeu de Société - The Hobbit

Any one know more?

We knew it was coming from the Toy Fairs... but beyond that that's the first time I've seen the set number. The price is on par with Hogwarts and the Battle of Hoth.

I believe they're all Frodo. I still need to find a place to hang mine, though. :tongue:

I just got Helm's Deep in the mail from Target.com yesterday. I used their credit card, so I got free shipping and 5% off. Turned out to be about $130 dead on after Uncle Sam took his share. I was pretty happy with that deal, plus it shipped quick. I ordered Friday night at about Midnight and it showed up on Wednesday with free shipping. Of course, the next day after ordering I went in to Target and paid the bill, so I wouldn't have nay interest charges.....the only way to do it is to not let them make extra money off of me!

Has anybody seen any LOTR sets at US Targets or Walmarts yet? I'm craving them and planning an expedition tomorrow, but don't to pay TRU prices.

Has anybody seen any LOTR sets at US Targets or Walmarts yet? I'm craving them and planning an expedition tomorrow, but don't to pay TRU prices.

I have seen them at my local Fred Meyers but, not at Target or Walmart yet. So, if you live near a fred Meyer you might check with them. I have also seen them at my local Lego store as well. Hope that helps. :classic:

The only sighting I've seen of LOTR at Walmart was by someone on Toys N Bricks. Otherwise, like 'jack Bricker' has said, most LEGO stores have them, and so does Fred Myers. :classic:

I went to Walmart last night. They had most of the LOTR sets. I live in NW Ohio if that tells you anything. We normally don't get things quickly so I was surprised they had them. I couldn't stop myself from buying Gandalf Arrives.

Has anyone done an in-depth review of the Orc Forge yet? I know brickset had one, but it was only a few pictures...

Finally caved and ordered Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and Uruk-Hai Army from the States tonight when the news hit Brickset that the line isn't being released in the UK until August... I can't be expected to wait that long for such awesome looking LEGO! :wacko:

Someone was telling me that Lego has had trouble keeping up with the demand of it's more popular lines and that could be the reason for the delays in Europe. Also Hobbit day is September 22 so that could also facter in to the later release date. That being said I would definately buy from the U.S. and not wait around for them if you are a LOTR fan. But, beware of ToysRus.com. I ordered a set from them recently and had quite a run around with them. They wouldn't ship it and kept going around in circles with me on the phone. I have had a pretty good experience with Lego S@H so you might try them.

Back on Topic:

I recently acquired the last LOTR set on my list, The Orc Forge, and I was really impressed with the printed shields and helmets. I am wondering if they will include more of these in later sets? I am also beginning to wonder if Lego will also release some Elven battle-packs? That would be just too awesome. :classic:

Someone was telling me that Lego has had trouble keeping up with the demand of it's more popular lines and that could be the reason for the delays in Europe. Also Hobbit day is September 22 so that could also facter in to the later release date. That being said I would definately buy from the U.S. and not wait around for them if you are a LOTR fan. But, beware of ToysRus.com. I ordered a set from them recently and had quite a run around with them. They wouldn't ship it and kept going around in circles with me on the phone. I have had a pretty good experience with Lego S@H so you might try them.

I picked 'em up from Bricklink, cost me £71 incl. P&P which is pretty darn good considering that's probably only about £9 more than I'd pay at RRP to get them a month or two earlier.

I'm not a huge LOTR fan actually, but the sets look to be such high quality that my inner LEGO fan seems to be uncontrollably magnetised to them :tongue:

Edited by Climperoonie

Well it's annoying about the extra wait for us Brits! :hmpf_bad:

I did find on eBay, somebody shipping all of the sets for £300 and £70 P&P to the UK from the usa!! :grin:

Thats only £40 more than it is for all the sets and thats even without the UK postage charges!

I don't think I can resist much longer.... :devil: