wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Could someone who has the Uruk-Hai Army set please let me know if the wood-grain tile piece is printed, or stickered? Thanks!

They are all printed! All three of them! Not a DSS to be seen in that set :thumbup:

I was lucky enough to pick up the Uruk-Hai set at my local TRU. The set is so amazing that the mark-up is worth it, especially since the markup for that set is the best mark-up to MRSP ratio. Also picked up a Gandalf set to sell for a quick buck :grin:

Let me just say... wow. These minifigs are OUTSTANDING. *oh2*

I'm not really sure I like the Orc hairpiece all that much. That gap is pretty annoying. I mean, sure, it will allow for armor to be placed, but without any armor, it just looks stupid. I wish they'd closed the gap.

I got a shipping notice this morning from Target.com for the Orc Forge and Uruk-hai army sets I ordered yesterday afternoon. No status change on the Helms deep I ordered a couple of hours later. My Weathertop set from TRU also shipped today. I really wish I had checked out Target's website before I placed the order. I finished building the Mines of Moria last night, and I really dig the set. I think Boromir might be my favorite lego figure ever.

I'm not really sure I like the Orc hairpiece all that much. That gap is pretty annoying. I mean, sure, it will allow for armor to be placed, but without any armor, it just looks stupid. I wish they'd closed the gap.

Do you think it might be able to fit a quiver?

Do you think it might be able to fit a quiver?

I doubt it. The quiver looks to big to fit in the gap, but that would be wicked if it could, considering there were a lot of goblin archers in this scene. It definitely looks like it could fit the sword sheath from POTC, and some armor. Though I don't think goblins ever bore those in the movies.

Agreed, Doctor Brik Daddy is the best reviewer out there. Yet, he says Moria is all-sticker, so the wood/plank pieces there are stickers, while in all other sets they're printed, or are they printed in Moria too?

If the orc hair could fit a quiver, TLG could have made Legolas's hair that way too. It might have looked awkward, but the play value would have been worth it.

As far as Legolas's alternate face, it seems he discovered one of the perils of questing - constipation!

Edited by Ardelon

I just got Helm's Deep, Uruk-hai Army andGandalf Arrives. I'm reviewing all of them. I should have Gandalf up in a few hours.

I am looking forward to your review of Helm's Deep! I'd like to see if the two pieces (outer wall and inner wall) can be meaningful connected with that "moveable walkway". Also, it would be nice to see whether one can interchange the wall piece with the drain and the one from Uruk-hai army (more accurate to the movie version of the fortress). I hope there won't be as many stickers as in Moria, but from the pictures it looks like at least the following are stickers:

- throne

- stone works on tower

- Rohan banner

The moria set is all stickers. That and the Orc weapons are the only downsides I felt the set had.

I was just on Target.com and most of the sets are now instock to ship online at the suggested prices that are much more reasonable than Toys R Us! Helm's Deep and The Orc Forge are listed as being released on Wed. May 16 now.

The also have a weird deal where if you buy the Orc Forge set, you get a LOTR Poster. I'm curious to see what poster they're talking about.

EDIT:

I checked on Toys'R'Us and they have these posters listed as one promo item! Interesting...

Edited by just2good

I just opened the box for helm's deep. There are only six sticker's for it. It has four instruction book's.

We don't need a post for everything you do. If you want to post a review of the set, by all means do, but none of this step by step business.

We don't need a post for everything you do. If you want to post a review of the set, by all means do, but none of this step by step business.

I wondered about the amount of stickers in an earlier post. So I guess Captain BeerBeard was replying to my inquiry. Thanks! When doing the review, could you please see if the Rohan shield fits on the horse saddle (as in the movies)?

I wondered about the amount of stickers in an earlier post. So I guess Captain BeerBeard was replying to my inquiry. Thanks! When doing the review, could you please see if the Rohan shield fits on the horse saddle (as in the movies)?

I see, My apologizes Beerbeard, be sure to quote a post if directly replying to it. :wink:

I see, My apologizes Beerbeard, be sure to quote a post if directly replying to it. :wink:

Cool, I'll let it slide. :wink:

@Lynx I forgot to mention that all that comes in a bag with cardboard so nothing is bent or crumpled.

The Brothers Brick have a very elaborate review of the Uruk-Hai army up. For example, it shows the new horse with an old barding.

I just got done building my first LOTR sets; Gandalf Arrives, Shelobs Attack, and the Mines of Moria. I have to say that they are all awesome and I think Lego went all out on this line. The detail of both the sets and minifigs is really well done and I cannot wait to get the rest of them. I think I will be getting several of each set over the coming years in order to build armies and parts for castles.

P.S. Awesome Job Lego and I cannot wait for more! :thumbup:

I hope that someone will do a proper video review of the Helm's Deep set because I'm still thinking if I should get that set or not...

:sceptic:

It's time for a Lego Store/Toys R US shopping trip! Hopefully when I come back I'll have Shelob Attacks and Gandalf arrives. (I would get Uruk-Hai army, except for Toys R US's ridiculous way of overpricing things.

I originally thought I would pass on this wave until they went on sale...However after all these pictures and review they really look great! My will power is starting to crumble :cry_sad:

The Brothers Brick have a very elaborate review of the Uruk-Hai army up. For example, it shows the new horse with an old barding.

I took a look at that. It was a really great review. I must say I love the back of the boxes for these sets. I love how, since these sets don't have a lot of 'function' features, they just showcase the weapons and the figures in battle setups. It looks really cool and makes the boxes very appealing. Also, the more I see it, the more I love Éomer's helmet.

Also, on a note related to Éomer, sidersdd, I asked you to take a picture of Éomer with Elizabeth Swann hair. I noticed you put it on Gandalf, which made me chuckle. I guess it must have been late, and everyone has been asking for special pictures, so if you could maybe take the pic with the hair on Éomer, that would be great!

EDIT: Also, I remember Durin's Bane saying he heard the release of these sets had been pushed to May 21st or something, and I was wondering if anyone else has heard something like that, or if there is any backing to this information?

Edited by Fives