wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I'm disappointed by the absence of Eowyn but agree that there would be other, more fitting figures, to add to Helm's Deep. I'm sure we'll see Eowyn with the next wave (2013). I hope for Edoras or the battle of the Witch King with Eowyn, King Theoden and Merry.

I'm still holding out for wraiths on wingssss! default_wubnew.gifdefault_wubnew.gifdefault_wubnew.gif

Thanks for the link!

I love the minifigures in this set, but Shelob itself is not that much to my liking. All in all, it's not worth 40-50 bucks to me.

a review!

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that review.

I just ordered three of the LOTR sets off of ToysRus.com. They should arrive here by this weekend and I might try my hand at my own review of them. :classic:

On the back of the boxes of the sets, there is an image there showing an upcoming video game.

:D

LOTRGame.png

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

On the back of the boxes of the sets, there is an image there showing an upcoming video game.

:D

LOTRGame.png

-Sci

SO IT'S TRUE!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

YES!! LotR Game! So buying that! :wub_drool:

And I to am waiting hopefully for some of the female figures.

Looking at the images again I just realized that Legolas and Haldir have the newer, bigger longbow (the one that came with the Elf CMF) while the Rohan soldier in the Uruk-hai Army set only comes with the old, smaller bow.. Only elves get the longbows? I thought LEGO were replacing the old bow with the newer longbow, but I guess not.

It makes sense to me. The Rohan would have smaller less complicated bows.

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that review.

I just ordered three of the LOTR sets off of ToysRus.com. They should arrive here by this weekend and I might try my hand at my own review of them. :classic:

It was great to the see the set. I was especially surprised to see that the set apparently came with 2 stings and 3 (!) One Rings. The extra rings and sword are huge sweeteners to buy the set in my mind. Of course, the figs are just plain awesome, too.

a review!

Thanks for the link.

Did I see it right that you got two extra rings with this set? Very cool :thumbup:

Good that they're including plenty of extra rings.. That hopefully means they won't be wildly expensive on BrickLink should you ever need another.

Good that they're including plenty of extra rings.. That hopefully means they won't be wildly expensive on BrickLink should you ever need another.

Yea I'm pretty surprised. It's great that it comes with extra rings and an extra sword :laugh:

Edited by Combee

It's great that the videogame is confirmed, I am a little surprised since I thought they would wait for the Hobbit movie.

Fantastic!

I really hope it will be a video game featuring the complete Lord of the Rings, not just the Fellowship. I want to play as Eomer and ride into battle against orcs. :)

Fantastic!

I really hope it will be a video game featuring the complete Lord of the Rings, not just the Fellowship. I want to play as Eomer and ride into battle against orcs. :)

Seeing how they've already made a figure I don't doubt they'll include him! :laugh:

A better question is whether or not it's just Lord of the Rings or if it includes the Hobbit...I'm beyond doubt it's at least the former.

I have a feeling the're going to do what they did for Indiana Jones. The 1st game had movies 1-3 and then the 2nd game was 1-4 with some added features to make it seem like it was a somewhat different game than the 1st one.

Seeing how they've already made a figure I don't doubt they'll include him! :laugh:

I meant to have all movies tied into one game rather than three games released over three years. I don't doubt Eomer will be included, I'd just prefer to ride down some orcs in 2012 rather than in 2014. ;)

Received Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-hai Army sets today. Posted photos of the figs on my flickr feed.

If I had more time I'd do a detailed review. Work is kicking my butt though.

Mines of Moria coming tomorrow.

Thanks for the pics. :sweet: Anyone find it odd how Eomer's legs fit the Rohan Soldier's so much better? :tongue:

Gandalf looks terrible. His head is sitting on, rather than in, his beard, and his legs really needed some printing... :sceptic:

And, hey, the soldier and Eomer have the same head! Now people can quit whining about having a unique figure rather than a generic soldier! :rofl:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Thanks for the pictures! Does Eomer really have the same head as the generic Rohan soldier or did you mix them up when taking the photo? On the box art, Eomer clearly has a different face. :oh:

Edit: Argh, what happened to Gandalf's beard? It looks so much worse than on the box or this video

. The beard is cut off on the sides instead of going up and nearly connecting to the hat. Terrible! :sick: Edited by Lynx

another video review!

Thanks! I like that the book can be opened. But Gandalf's beard... I really wonder why LEGO changed it to this design. I wanted to pick this set up for Gandalf, but seeing how badly he looks, I might just wait for the Hobbit sets and see if LEGO improves the Istari's design. Disappointing. :sad:

We really should've gotten a molded staff for Gandalf as well.

Received Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-hai Army sets today. Posted photos of the figs on my flickr feed.

If I had more time I'd do a detailed review. Work is kicking my butt though.

Mines of Moria coming tomorrow.

lol, I read that as Warg and got really excited for a Warg Rider set.

Edited by moop