wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I have to say that after looking at the picture of the finalized Orc forge I am really liking it. It is a shame Lego did cut out that last minifig but, oh well, it is still a great set. :classic:

I'll def take the same amount of armor, printed, just minus a fig...default_cry_happy.gif

Oh, and WHY is there no white hand banners in the Uruk-hai army?????????

and new progress on Helms deep in other thread...

Can you give us a link to your helm's deep?

The lack of an Orc doesn't make me sad, the lack of the hairpiece does.

Can you give us a link to your helm's deep?

The lack of an Orc doesn't make me sad, the lack of the hairpiece does.

Yes I'm just messing around right now, I'ts right below this thread, here

Actually, I just noticed something. With the Toy Fair (I know they're prelim, but still), we saw three Orcs. One had the hair with ears, one had Lurtz's hair, and one didn't have a headpiece.

I might be reading into this too much, but perhaps someone thought at the last minute that the one with Lurtz's hair might be mistaken for an Uruk-hai, and quickly removed it.

If the lack of hair is really that worrying, you could always equip Lurtz with the armour and give his hair to the Orc. :tongue:

I don't really care about the orc without a hairpiece, considering most of the orcs in Isengard are bald. What bothers me is that they cut out an orc from the minifig lineup. I was really hoping for 3.

I recieved my Legolas fig in the mail today, and I gotta say the hairpiece is just fantastic. I echo the post I made earlier on in this thread, it really is perfect for Princess Zelda.

-Omi

I recieved my Legolas fig in the mail today, and I gotta say the hairpiece is just fantastic. I echo the post I made earlier on in this thread, it really is perfect for Princess Zelda.

-Omi

You must have the Gimli head. Mind posting a pic of both sides of the Gimli head?

You must have the Gimli head. Mind posting a pic of both sides of the Gimli head?

Angry side

Normal side

Dunno why he even has a dual face, since he has a beard that covers his face....

-Omi

There were 3 LOTR-themed pages in the latest LEGO Club magazine.

Here's a youtube video showing the new magazine (May-June 2012). It is of very poor quality, however. Hopefully, it'll be available on the LEGO website, soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmoanZpfIqo

Edited by Lynx

If anyone wants pics of the LotR pages, I can take some. Just ask.

I've forgotten if I still have my subscription so... That'd be great, yes please. I hope (probably unreasonably) that with the sets appearing in the May-June issue, maybe they'll come out in early May rather than in June. The sooner the better!

If anyone wants pics of the LotR pages, I can take some. Just ask.

That would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I've forgotten if I still have my subscription so... That'd be great, yes please. I hope (probably unreasonably) that with the sets appearing in the May-June issue, maybe they'll come out in early May rather than in June. The sooner the better!

According to the Toy Fair, the sets are going to be released in June. But, I asked someone at my local LEGO Store if they have any idea about a specific date, and they said the only info LEGO has given them is Summer release. They say it is because the people who gave LEGO the license still retain the rights to push the release back or forward to whenever they want. So, this information can be taken as both bad and good: either they get released a bit later than scheduled, or they decide to release them earlier. I hope they just stick with the original June release.

Wow, I saw that picture and freaked because Legolas looks really old with that head! :laugh: I'm still eagerly awaiting the release of this theme. :sweet:

I didn't realise that the mines of moria and the battle for helms deep would be so expensive. But I could have known given that it is a licensed theme. Nevertheless I will eventually buy them all :laugh:

Does anyone know the price of the forge, it isn't listed with the others.

Edited by Blaze

The sets have been listed on the Target website...http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=Lego+Tolkien&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallany%7Call+categories

Each set says it's a June 1st release, but sometime later this month they will probably be available for shipping...

$333 (rounded) for all of them? Exactly half way to the number of the beast divorce. Surely no coincidence.

I really need to slow down. I bought way too much last month, and I've got TWO week long vacations coming up. While I'm a huge Tolkien fan and have been wanting this for years, I'll probably leave it for my wife to get me for Christmas... maybe I can get one for Father's Day to tide me over.

$333 (rounded) for all of them? Exactly half way to the number of the beast divorce. Surely no coincidence.

Not if you count the Orc Forge, which likely adds another $40.

I just hope that the euro prices will be reasonable enough since I intend on getting them all, if not really most of them first and the rest later...

~ General Magma

As much as I love LoTR, I think I am going to hold off on getting these for a while. I'm really digging the Monster Hunters theme and getting all of those sets are going to run me $350. I'm still in the midst of finishing hunting down all of the 2011 Kingdoms sets, so needless to say I'm pretty tapped out this summer. I am hoping to pickup Helm's Deep and Weathertop by Christmas time though. Those are the only two IMO that I really like.

I wish to have those prices in Australia. I haven't bought LEGO in nearly 20 years but really want some LotR things. So I had a look around a shopping centre today and compared some prices in Target, BigW and Meyer to Amazon...

At the moment, 1 US$ equals 0.97 AU$.

- PotC: London Escape: Amazon 40, Australia 89-99

- PotC: Whitecap Bay: Amazon: 65, Australia 117-120

- SW: X-Wing: Amazon 47, Australia 120

- SW: Tie Fighter: Amazon 34, Australia 99

- SW: Droid Escape: Amazon 20, Australia 49

I assume that these sets are good indicators for LotR prices. :(

Orc Forge is available for Pre-order on Target.com. It is at $39.99 and says it will ship 6/1. I would imagine it will be in stores at that time then also.

Can't wait!