wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Yes, but what makes it FOTR for me is the inclusion of Lurtz.

Was Lurtz confirmed in the set? Trying to find a decent picture of the box with the names of the figs.

-Omi

Was Lurtz confirmed in the set? Trying to find a decent picture of the box with the names of the figs.

He's got a bio on the official page (http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/) and his picture there matches what we've seen so far so I think pretty much confirmed.

I don't know if you guys have seen this but here's a rather elaborate preview of the Helm's Deep set.

Theoden is shown without the armor in this preview :)

Edited by Cammo

I don't know if you guys have seen this but here's a rather elaborate preview of the Helm's Deep set.

Theoden is shown without the armor in this preview :)

Thanks for the link!

Well damn, didn't think it could get even better, and I said this.. twice, thrice? :tongue:

The Uruk-hai have reversible heads then. That's pretty great for some variation here and there. One side with the white hand, the other side without it.

I'm not sure, but didn't most Uruk-hai go around without it in and around Helm's Deep? - Oh well, either way, the printing on Théoden's torso is great,

but I wish they gave him a neutral face on the back of his head rather than a smiling face.

They even gave Gimli a double sided head, which is very neat as well.

Not much else to say that adds up to anything as all the figures are just amazing and greatly detailed.

Now we just gotta see those Mordor orcs and their reversible heads in The Orc Forge!

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

How come this is the first time we see the Uruks reversible head?? thats a suprise to me.

shame he didnt show the horse moving the legs.

How come this is the first time we see the Uruks reversible head?? thats a suprise to me.

shame he didnt show the horse moving the legs.

I am surprised by the dual head printing too.

He did showed the horse on two postures, and IMO is well balanced, looks fantastic.

I knew that the Uruks would have two faces!

Despite the annoying guy, this pre-release review was very detailed and helpful. I now have mixed feelings about Théoden. On one hand, his armour, shield and helmet is amazing. Also, his torso print is exactly as I imagined it. Yet on the other hand, he is smiling, which he didn't seem to do that often. I guess my Théoden is gonna be mad a lot!

Despite the annoying guy, this pre-release review was very detailed and helpful. I now have mixed feelings about Théoden. On one hand, his armour, shield and helmet is amazing. Also, his torso print is exactly as I imagined it. Yet on the other hand, he is smiling, which he didn't seem to do that often. I guess my Théoden is gonna be mad a lot!

Once again I'm in total agreement with you. Maybe I'm just being petty, but if you claim to be a big fan of the movies, you should probably not mispronounce EVERY! SINGLE! NAME! in your video review. That minifig is not Eragon, dude. That was a different series.

That said, it was an informative review and pretty much confirmed that I am buying this set.

Once again I'm in total agreement with you. Maybe I'm just being petty, but if you claim to be a big fan of the movies, you should probably not mispronounce EVERY! SINGLE! NAME! in your video review. That minifig is not Eragon, dude. That was a different series.

That said, it was an informative review and pretty much confirmed that I am buying this set.

Exactly, one hundred percent. When people mispronounce Aragorn's name I get MAD! I mean, air-ah-gorn. Not that hard!!!

"Those talking trees", got me. Still nice to see it close up.

Exactly, one hundred percent. When people mispronounce Aragorn's name I get MAD! I mean, air-ah-gorn. Not that hard!!!

He also said Eowyn was Théoden's daughter. Any true LOTR fan knows that she is Théodwyn's daughter, making her Théoden's niece.

Edited by Fives

He also said Eowyn was Théoden's daughter. Any true LOTR fan knows that she is Théodwyn's daughter, making her Théoden's niece.

In his defense, the movie briefly mentions it once or twice that she is his niece, with the Extended Edition expanding on it. Anyone not paying that attention to boring movie dialogue would miss it.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

In his defense, the movie briefly mentions it once or twice that she is his niece, with the Extended Edition expanding on it. Anyone not paying that attention to boring movie dialogue would miss it.

-Omi

Well, he also said that he read the books and they clearly state that she is his niece. I have to say that I am kind of suspicious when the Brickshow promotes garbage like Mega Bloks and Cobi as some of the best toys out there and then talks about how Lego LOTR is not going to sell well and how the Helms Deep should have included Gandalf the White, etc... I really wonder if they are getting paid by Lego or some of these other "brick companies" besides youtube in order to get good reviews.

Anyway, back on topic, I am getting more and more excited about these sets. I thought the way they did the archer platform with the opening hatches was awesome and I really like the blow up feature of the Deeping Wall. I am also completely in love with Theodon's armor. I can just picture a super elite saxon force made from multiple Theodon minifigs. :cry_happy:

-Omi

Dialogue in film is boring now? What, do you only watch silent movies?

The Brickshow should invest in a hand model. So much air time spent looking at ugly thumbs. lol

Also, I agree that the host is annoying. A true "show" doesn't have long pauses while the host reads an iPad.

In any case, the detailed minifig filming was great. The figs are the best TLG has ever produced in my opinion. Awesome stuff. :thumbup:

Yeah, that is a pretty funny opinion. I found some of the battle scenes too long, especially in ROTK.

Sorry, But I think this is getting way of topic!! :sick:

The fact that we haven't seen hi res pics of the Orc Forge kinda sucks. At the toy fair, though, it seemed that only one of the three orcs had the new Orc hair with the ears (even thought he piece was still on the prelim stage). It makes me wonder: will all three orcs have they new hairpiece? I really hope they do, because A) it looks good, B) they have double sided heads, and C) the long Uruk hair only looks good (I think) on Uruks. Also, I am really curious as to how many weapons and suits of armour, helmets and shields will be included in the set. It would be nice if LEGO gave us enough to fully equip two Uruks, even though the set only has one.

I thought Eowyin (and Eomer) are the kids of Eomund.

Yes, but Théodwyn was Théoden's sister, whereas Éomund was Cheif Marshal of the Riddermark under Théoden's reign.

Ummmmmm my bad

I guess only the high and mighty such as yourself would put up with boring, talking scenes in movies.

jeez

-Omi

Ummmmmm my bad

I guess only the high and mighty such as yourself would put up with boring, talking scenes in movies.

jeez

-Omi

It's not boring if you actually pay attention and listen to what the people are saying. You obviously don't. LOTR is not solely about fighting, and the dialogue makes up about half of the movies. I personally find the talking quite interesting, but to each his own. (Also, if you find dialogue 'boring', you most likely didn't read the books.)

Sorry for the rant, everyone else! :grin:

Oh my GOD, was that guy annoying, "never going to see these figures" he says " not going to sell well" he says " Eragon, Theeeoden" he says.... idiot...... well, at least we got those awesome close ups

I do agree that LOTR doesent have that much reason to sell well to kids, same thing with the hobbit wave, the films are rated 13 I think, and the ads arent going for kids, they are abit too dark and grim.

I do hope it does really well!!

Chanses of a second wave of atleast hobbit should be expected unless the theme thanks horribly, they can see how well the first wave did and then make set(s) in the price range that sold best and propably have a pretty good idea at how well it's going to sell.

the problem is, is there enough LOTR fans that will buy sets to make up for the kids that wont buy this theme.

pure speculation obviously!