wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

So, with the release of these fantastic pics, and the removal of the Prince of Persia page on LEGO.com, I wonder how soon we should be seeing the teaser site up on LEGO.com. I hope it is soon, and I hope that these sets get released a bit before their official release. The sooner the better!

Our only wish, to catch these sets, so juicy sweeeeet!

:thumbup::laugh:

Great stuff. My definite purchases are Gandalf Arrives, Mines of Moria, and the ever-glorious Battle of Helm's Deep.

No idea how I'll get the money for them, but crazier things have happened. :grin:

Sexy pictures I like! Though the printing on gollum looks a lil rough and I wish they had pictures of the actual figures instead of some of those 3D ones

Great! hopefully will be getting gandalf arrives :sweet: 2 uruk-hai armies :wub: and helms deep :wub_drool:

like many others who have posted before me, don't know where the M***B****s I'm going to find the money but something will turn up . . . hopefully :laugh:

awesome, these first edition sets are fab ... time to start saving, this could get expensive !

and what of subsequent issues and sets ? in time for Christmas ?

awesome, these first edition sets are fab ... time to start saving, this could get expensive !

and what of subsequent issues and sets ? in time for Christmas ?

So far, there are sets from The Hobbit scheduled to be released this winter in accordance with the release date of the film, but seeing as so many people have been pining for LEGO LOTR for so long, we'll most likely see some new LOTR come next year.

041.gif041.gif041.gif

This^

Dammit, dammit, dammit. I was planning on putting money towards airsoft this year and completely forsaking Lego purchases, but now... Airsoft is on the back burner instead.

Wow. Just wow. These have GOT to be the best licensed sets on the market yet. Very excited, can't wait to crack open the Mines of Moria set.

Dare we ask for a Mordor set? Dare I say Isengart being attacked by the ENts?

I am glad that Lego appears to have abandoned the cheap plastic Battle Packs for this line. Some more Rohirrim would be nice. Also I am very excited for when they tackle ROTK and the Battle of Minas Tirith.

I am glad that Lego appears to have abandoned the cheap plastic Battle Packs for this line. Some more Rohirrim would be nice. Also I am very excited for when they tackle ROTK and the Battle of Minas Tirith.

I agree with you that we need more Rohirrim. And, even though the Kingdoms Battel Packs were cheap plastic, it was a easy was to mass big armies in a rather inexpensive way. I underdstand why SW would have the BPs they have, because there are enough vehicles and speeders to use for the small sets, but in LOTR, small vehicles are pretty much nonexistant. Unless every LOTR BP is to include a tree or a rock, some horses or wargs, or a troll, there isn't much to have other than figs. That is why I would rather LEGO forgo the SW style BPs in vavour of an extra fig for the same price. Then again, I would like to collect more horses. I mean, whats the point of a big Rohan army if they're all on foot?

Box art pictures have been added to the first post to make it easier as well as a link to GRogall's post for more pics.

Beautiful stuff, this is where waiting for the official pictures pays off, instead of criticizing the prelim shots. :wub::thumbup:

Box art pictures have been added to the first post to make it easier as well as a link to GRogall's post for more pics.

Beautiful stuff, this is where waiting for the official pictures pays off, instead of criticizing the prelim shots. :wub::thumbup:

Thanks! :blush:

Worth pointing out that the third Helms Deep photo also includes the Uruk-Hai Army set.. Just so no one looks at it and thinks all that is included in the Helms Deep set.

No, it's the Gladiator's sword from the CMF series, though in a new colour. Sting, of course, is a new mold.

No, not that one. If the one you mention as "sting" then that is probably the one I was referring to, I believe Frodo is holding it in the Shelob Attack set.

No, not that one. If the one you mention as "sting" then that is probably the one I was referring to, I believe Frodo is holding it in the Shelob Attack set.

Yeah, sorry about confusion. That's indeed a new sword mold, modeled after Frodo's sword that is called Sting. Might be a nice short sword for custom elves.

I am glad that Lego appears to have abandoned the cheap plastic Battle Packs for this line.

Didn't we hear about the Pirates of the Caribbean "battle pack" practically when it was first found on the shop shelf, so it is probably not impossible that the same could happen with LotR too?

Anyone who has followed this thread closely knows I agree with Fives. Give me battle packs without all of the extra stuff. I loved the castle battle packs.

I can't think of a good small model I would like to collect many of in the LOTR theme. Star Wars battle packs include small weapons and vehicles that an army would have in abundance. 10 small catapults don't really appeal to me especially since catapults realistically are not small like that anyway. Perhaps if the bricks are particularly useful it wouldn't be too bad.

As for the photos. They are fantastic. Most of the sets look similar to the earlier photos. However, it is nice to see details of inside the weathertop set. It comes with a nice selection of weapons in new colors. Gladius in two colors and the new longsword in black! The grey microfigs are fantastic parts as well. The backpack and food will be very useful. Frodo should not have sting at this pont in the story but I can forgive that...

It is unfortunate that we are not getting the new horse mold in white. Snowmane and Shadowfax really should be represented. I guess LEGO putting the white horses on the pick a brick wall was not enough to get rid of all of them yet. I suppose they will make the new mold in white when they finally get rid of all of the old ones.

I was just playing the latest update of The Lord of the Rings Online. It brings a new region, south of Lothlorien, which means close to Rohan.

And there's this Rohirric settlement full of houses and horses and riders and flags...

And then I check EB and there are these great high quality, high definition pics form the coming LOTR Lego sets and you can imagine -- I'm all sold for the Rohirric sets. They are just great!

This video here shows a lot of the settlement I'm talking about -- Stangard. Check it out! Focus on the architecture, banners and overall landscape --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6P_L1pLeE

I will definetly buy a helm deep set and uruk hai army. I don't care about the catapult and I have already in mind some changes to the helms deep.

The detail that convinced me to buy the helm deep are the brick-built walls. So thanks a lot TLC!

I am really hoping there will be a Rohan BP as the more I look at it the balance between Uruks and Rohirrim is just too one sided. I know they were outnumbered at Helm's Deep...but cut them some slack Lego!

Byebye money! I'm gonna buy the Helm's deep but I also want the army (although I would like some more Rohimmir) and possibly gandalf arrives. I do really hope that in a second wave they will do some collector sets (as they do for star wars) of Minas Thirit (4000 pieces? :P)