wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

This source may be wrong, but it is curious that there is no video coming out for LOTR. I was expecting them to make a game for all three LOTR films, and then two games, one for each Hobbit film, and then finally a last game combing all three games in one! I know, four games is a bit much, but it would be awesome.

Last year had 3 lego games (HP, POTC,SW)

so we could expect more games this year than jsut the super heroes one.

and seeing as This is the only other new lisence it seems pretty likely (LOTR)

I would prefer if they put off the hobbit game till movie 2 gets released.

Btw that sites only source is the winter 2012 hobbit poster.

As for the bombur minifig, I think a molded hair-beard-braid would give him some weight.

Bombur: Yeah, sort of like the CMS1 Caveman hairpiece except not a full beard. For the braid, that should be printed.

Thorin: new hair piece/beard or printed beard and snape hair. A highlander sword would work too.

Video Game: It most likely will be this: Hobbit-based board game and sets and Lego Lord of the Rings: The Video Game will be made that will have all three parts and two parts of the Hobbit in one. There probably wont be a hobbit video game, and lotr video game seperately. :blush:

I imagine the ears would be the painted part, like in the CMF elf. The hair is still unlikely to be regular yellow, of course: I reckon it's cool yellow as is often used for blond-haired figs. But that's probably better for you anyway, since you'd only need to recolor the ears (I've heard nail polish can be amazing for this purpose).

Thanks, Lyichir, particularly for the nail varnish tip. I hadn't thought of that. It might make for an interesting conversation when I buy it though...

Me: I'd like some bright yellow nail polish, please.

Shop assistant (hesitantly): For you, sir?

Me (indignantly): No, for an elf.

Shop asst (confused look)

Me: For his ears. They used to be pink until I rubbed them with metal polish. Now they're yellow.

Shop asst: And that's good?

Me: Oh yeah, that's great but they need to be even yellower than his hair. So I'm coating them in nail polish.

Shop asst (backs away towards phone to call security)

Apologies for that OT interlude. I couldn't help myself.

Amps

Bombur: Yeah, sort of like the CMS1 Caveman hairpiece except not a full beard. For the braid, that should be printed.

Thorin: new hair piece/beard or printed beard and snape hair. A highlander sword would work too.

Video Game: It most likely will be this: Hobbit-based board game and sets and Lego Lord of the Rings: The Video Game will be made that will have all three parts and two parts of the Hobbit in one. There probably wont be a hobbit video game, and lotr video game seperately. :blush:

Bombur's big braid should be connected to his hairpiece. It is too big and prominent to just be printed. As for Thorin, his beard is short enough to be printed, but his hair is longer than Snape's. His hair will have to be a new mold.

As for the video game, I hope we get a separate LOTR one. I would love them to explore having more and more hubs in the game. I think it would be cool if you unlock new hubs as the game progresses.

So, you could start in a Shire hub, with surrounding areas such as Farmer Maggot's crop and Buckleberry Ferry. Then, Bree, with Weathertop and the bog. Then Rivendell and the Ford of Bruinen. Then Moria, with the Doors of Durin, Balin's Tomb, and the Bridge. Then Lorien, and finally Amon Hen.

Then there could be the Emyn Muil and the Dead Marshes, then Fangorn. Then, Edoras, Ithilien, Helm's Deep, Osgiliath, and finally Isengard.

Then Minas Tirith, then Minas Morgul and Shelob's lair. Then Pelennor Fields, Cirith Ungol. Finally, The Black Gate and Mount Doom along with Barad Dur.

Sorry for all the 'thens', but this could be all of the hubs, in order. Also, this would mean that only the characters related to the scene would be in a certain place. So, Elrond is only in Rivendell, Galadriel in Lorien, the Witch-King at Pelennor, and so forth. Also, you would buy only the characters that go with that hub in that hub store. It would work perfectly! I know that they have tried multiple hubs before, but they never work because they cram all the locations of one film on a small island (Indy 2 :sick: ). If they did it this way, you get to travel across Middle-Earth with the characters. It could also work for a Hobbit game, just with similar (Rivendell) and completely new (Carrock, Mirkwood, Esgaroth) locations.

No way. theres no way the 5 movies will be one game.

No way. theres no way the 5 movies will be one game.

I agree. There will most likely be no Hobbit video game. There is quite a good chance for a LOTR video game, though. 4 movies? Yes, I can see that. 5????!?!?!?!? No. Absolutely not. Unless they combine both of the Hobbit movies into one thing.

I was just thinking about the modularity of Helm's Deep, and now I'm wondering if the section of the Deeping Wall attached to the fortress (with the culvert) can be removed like wall section in Uruk-hai Army can? I think will some simple MODing, the culvert could be moved to the middle of the wall, which would be more fitting. Also, some of you probably won't have this problem, but I plan on buying two Uruk Army sets, so it would be nice if the two wall sections could be on either side of the culvert. I know no one has a definite answer to my question, but I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that the culvert wall can be detacthed.

I was just thinking about the modularity of Helm's Deep, and now I'm wondering if the section of the Deeping Wall attached to the fortress (with the culvert) can be removed like wall section in Uruk-hai Army can? I think will some simple MODing, the culvert could be moved to the middle of the wall, which would be more fitting. Also, some of you probably won't have this problem, but I plan on buying two Uruk Army sets, so it would be nice if the two wall sections could be on either side of the culvert. I know no one has a definite answer to my question, but I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that the culvert wall can be detacthed.

I think the piece next to the torch if removed will allow what you want.

6865900673_5e75bd9aca.jpg

Even if it isn't modular (but I definitely think it will be) it will be incredible easy to brick in as the walls are of the same design.

I think the piece next to the torch if removed will allow what you want.

6865900673_5e75bd9aca.jpg

Thanks, now I see it. That will be a really easy mod! These sets are amazing!

Surely one game for LOTR and one game for The Hobbit is the most logical way to do things?

Not saying it would happen, but if you think of the first two Star Wars games, they had on trilogy per game.

I think we're starting to confuse ourselves here...

Figure packs/figure-only battle packs are the ones in plastic packaging which are generally available only online and from some Lego stores. Battle packs are the small boxed sets.

Battle packs (boxed) are not necessarily two-faction, and figure packs are not necessarily single-faction. When they were first introduced in Star Wars, battle packs were single-faction.

This source may be wrong, but it is curious that there is no video coming out for LOTR. I was expecting them to make a game for all three LOTR films, and then two games, one for each Hobbit film, and then finally a last game combing all three games in one! I know, four games is a bit much, but it would be awesome.

I think that's unlikely as the films are already out, and have been for years. While there is a multitude of stuff that can be added into the game, how would they release them? One game for each movie in rapid half-year successions?

One game for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and one each for each part of The Hobbit. I can see that happening.

I guess you guys are right I mean Lego Indy 2 was terrible because they had too many movies (Kotcs pt 1 2 and 3). There should be Lego LOTR the video game and Lego the Hobbit the video game. Maybe it will be like LEGO HP 5-7.

I agree. There will most likely be no Hobbit video game. There is quite a good chance for a LOTR video game, though. 4 movies? Yes, I can see that. 5????!?!?!?!? No. Absolutely not. Unless they combine both of the Hobbit movies into one thing.

Lego Star Wars II had all six movies, so it's hardly unprecedented. And certainly a lot more likely than seperate games for the two Hobbit films.

Do we think Lego will tackle an Ent? Would love to see Treebeard, Merry and Pippin with some Isengard orcs fleeing in terror.

Back on the BP discussion, get rid of the extra bits such as scenery and small catapults or carts or pieces of wall, drop the price down $3-4 or add another minifig and make it 5. People buy the BP for the figs not the scene that goes with it. Did a survey in my classroom today on what kids would rather have and it was figures for cheaper. Lego is already pricing kids out of buying BP's by making them 20-25 dollars here in Oz.

Do we think Lego will tackle an Ent? Would love to see Treebeard, Merry and Pippin with some Isengard orcs fleeing in terror.

I think that's a really nice idea: Treebeard + Pippin and Merry + that Orc that follows them in the woods. Sounds like the Shelob set in size to me. :)

Lego Star Wars II had all six movies, so it's hardly unprecedented. And certainly a lot more likely than seperate games for the two Hobbit films.

They did lego star wars the videogame, then lego star wars 2 the original triology

Then later they released both as one in 'the complete saga'

I doubt a lego hobbit game this year because WB has already announced a game for the movie.

A lotr-only game is the only possibility this year in my opinion.

They did lego star wars the videogame, then lego star wars 2 the original triology

Then later they released both as one in 'the complete saga'

I doubt a lego hobbit game this year because WB has already announced a game for the movie.

A lotr-only game is the only possibility this year in my opinion.

I agree.

The way I see it, we'll have a game for the Trilogy, then two for each or the Hobbit movies (or most probably one for both Hobbit movies) and then a Complete Saga with the Trilogy + Hobbits.

Back on the BP discussion, get rid of the extra bits such as scenery and small catapults or carts or pieces of wall, drop the price down $3-4 or add another minifig and make it 5.

While I would love to see battle packs without any bricks, I'm afraid TLG knows that it can demand more money if it throws in some rocks or a small tree - people will buy the battle packs anyway.

The collectable minifigures mentioned in the first post could turn out to be a great way to get many figs for cheap; I for one would love to get generic soldiers and/or characters in "surprise" bags for 3$ each :sweet:

While I would love to see battle packs without any bricks, I'm afraid TLG knows that it can demand more money if it throws in some rocks or a small tree - people will buy the battle packs anyway.

The collectable minifigures mentioned in the first post could turn out to be a great way to get many figs for cheap; I for one would love to get generic soldiers and/or characters in "surprise" bags for 3$ each :sweet:

It has been determined for a long time that "collectible minifigures" just means that the minifigs in the sets are collectible.

sorry if this has been posted before, but i dont follow the lord of the ring forum. (but think i mght have to buy those precious sets when they are reelased ;-)

found this picture on another site, probably from the toyfair, would love to see a set like this

battle-scene.jpg

It has been determined for a long time that "collectible minifigures" just means that the minifigs in the sets are collectible.

Determined by fans or by an official statement from TLG?

found this picture on another site, probably from the toyfair, would love to see a set like this

This picture isn't from the Toy Fair, it is "just" a MOC. I agree that a Mumakil would make a great set, though.

Determined by fans or by an official statement from TLG?

LEGO doesn't call collectible minifigures "collectible minifigures". They are just Minifigures. The press release refers to the figs as "collectible" because you have to pretty much buy all of the sets to collect the Fellowship.

Back on the BP discussion, get rid of the extra bits such as scenery and small catapults or carts or pieces of wall, drop the price down $3-4 or add another minifig and make it 5. People buy the BP for the figs not the scene that goes with it. Did a survey in my classroom today on what kids would rather have and it was figures for cheaper. Lego is already pricing kids out of buying BP's by making them 20-25 dollars here in Oz.

The issue is that the SW licence does not permit TLG to produce 'action figures' - whatever standalone minifigure they produce under the SW licence, they have to do something extra, like attach it to a keychain or a magnet, then it's OK. Otherwise, they have to put it in a set. The truth is, SW battlepacks are really not that bad (they don't have that many extra bricks compared to having 4 figures), and I wouldn't expect a drastic change to them in the near future. (Note that the price of the same type of set going up is a completely different thing.)

I hope so. I would've preferred the Orc Forge set to be the Siege of Isengard, with it's scaffolding changed to the "raft" that floated into the canyon during the Siege of Isengard, and of course the Ents. As it stands the set is a bit pointless (except for Orcs) in my opinion.

Is it against EB policy to put Toy Fair pics on the site? If not I think it'd be helpful if a couple were deeplinked in the first post, so I won't have to dig through the thread to find the link every time. :classic: