wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Mines of Moria is hands down my favorite set of this line now. :wub:

I still prefer Helms Deep to have that honor, but Moria is better than I expected.

I want it too. I don´t know how I am going to pay for all these sets on the quantities needed. :laugh:

By the way, you beat me again, but just for a min difference. :devil:

Clicky for Toyfair! :wub: Weathertop looks even better now! :wub_drool:

Woohhoo, things ARE getting serious.

Finally a good view of the new horse, it has a rounded head and is a true beauty.

That means the ringwraiths horses have a different armour from the one we know.

Also, finally a good view on the rohan riders helmet which I think is ok. A bit too thick as many helmets.

Legolas' hair is LONG!

I love the runes above the door in Mines of Moria. So much printing on walls!!!

I'm just skipping through the pictures. So great. A few thoughts.

Helms Deep: Theoden's helmet is awesome, it's a pity that Aragorn is the same like in the Weathertop set. Haldir has some nice torso printing.

Gandalf arrives: Frodos face looks funny and nice touch to give him a different torso.

Shelob attacks: Sting looks great and Shelob looks to be a great build.

Mines of Moria: So many stickers but the set looks very good. The troll is great, too.

Much better pictures over here: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FLego&dispsize=800&start=60

There is no own category for LotR yet, only Lego 2012.

The sets look amazing. A new horse is indeed included in "Gandalf arrives".

I think a general freaking out is in order.

The red Elf in Helms Deep is officially the best minfig ever. (If given a yellow head, hands am ears.)

Now that I have seen the Rohans helmet from the side, I like it a LOT. It kind of elvenstyle, too, so it will fit my army.

Wow the LotR line is looking really good. It's good to finally see close ups of the sets and minifigs. Now I can really admire this line instead of trying to pick out details from a zoomed in photo.

My favorite minifig of this line is the Uruk Hai with helmet, armor, shield and weapon is just fantastic, closely followed by Gimli, Haldir, and perhaps Theoden.

Helms Deep is great, and with a lot of detail, and possibly nice features too, like exploding wall, a jump from the lateral door, the union ramp between the wall gate to the inner wall.

This will have to be a must buy. But I ask only 8 minifigs?

Overall I like all baddies even Gollum.

To make a recount we got two wraiths, Shelob, Gollum, nice quantity of Uruks (9 or 8), a pair of goblins and a mighty troll. :wub:

Goodies:

Whole Fellowship + Haldir + Theoden and rohan soldier. :classic:

There are no words in the tongues of Men, Elves or Orcs that can explain my excitement and love for this theme. Perfect! Just perfect!

Awesome, just awesome. I need to start seeking for a well-paying job. I'm gonna be in serious need of money this summer.

(And those cheese slopes in Orc Forge are indeed olive green. Sorry for doubting your elven sight, CallMePieOrDie.)

Edited by Haltiamieli

What little we see of Theoden looks amazing!

Hoping someone will get a good image of Eomer despite hes position, atleast hes helmet looks to have nice decorations!

Great stuff!

Gandalf Arrives: Nice little set. Gandalf looks better with his cape now, and Frodo looks nice.

Shelob Attacks: Better than I thought. The web has been changed to white I see, Sam and Frodo both look to have two expressions.

Orc's Forge: Ehh, not my favourite. Good figs and and useful parts.

Uruk-hai army: Fantastic, amazing figs and playability.

Attack on Weathertop: Nazgul look good, sting is nice little sword. Still not sure what the inside is for?

Mines of Moria: Gimli's helm looks great, good figures. But lots of stickers there looks to be, but good parts.

Helm's Deep: Theoden, Haldir, and Uruks look awesome! My favourite set of the line: lots of great parts and very playable.

This theme looks to have a great start! Lots of parts that I can use in MOC'ing, especially that brick brick piece. Can't wait for these to come out! :cry_happy:

Wow! these sets look amazing. Shelob looks really big which is good in my opinion but it might just look that way because of his stand. Helms deep and Mines of Moria both look much bigger than the prelim pics looked and I am shocked at the amount of orcs/uruk-hai we are getting in the first wave (2 moria orcs, 3 mordor, and 10 uruk hai). I think LEGO deserves a congratulations for pulling of a very nice first wave and for including so many major characters and lots of orcs.

I have one question: What is inside weathertop?

I cant figure it out from the pics

Okay, now that I've had my little freak out of excitement, I will give my thoughts on these sets.

First off, EVERY SET is amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Now that I have said that, here are my thoughts on the figs!

The Felloship looks pretty much exactly like what we have seen already. Aragorn looks a heck of a lot better in minifig form. Also, all the different Frodo's (happy Frodo in the cart set, and then the double sided face for scared and a bit less scared :laugh: ). The other Fellowship members look perfect!

Theoden! :wub: Finally, good pics of him! He is amazing! I can't quite tell, but I think his armour is brown with gold print, much like Gimli's helmet. As for the other Rohirrim, the soldier looks good, and I'm glad the helmet is different from Theoden's. Also, Eomer's is gold and grey, which is perfect!

Then we have the baddies. These guys are just epic! The Uruk soldiers all decked out with helmets and armour are just so cool! The berserker is... he could have used a real helmet rather than a printed one. The basic orc workers look good. I'm happy the aren't all the same, but it really is just a matter of hair. The newborn Lurtz (or baby Lurtz as I called him as a kid) looks spot on, and it is cool they included him! The goblins (or Moria orcs) look great, but it is kinda weird that they have Uruk shields, so I'll probably give those to some of the Uruks who don't have them. The Nazgul are pretty much what I was expecting, but their horses are just great! The red eyes and the little grey mask thing printed on is just perfect! And then there is the cave troll... :wub: :wub: :wub: This guy is amazing! The size is perfect, and its cool that Legolas can go on his back and shoot arrows into his head. But the printing :cry_happy: Amazing detail!

Overall, this theme is better than any licensed theme that LEGO has ever produced before (yes, possibly better than Star Wars), and I will for sure be getting every single set, and some multiples too. Thank you LEGO! :thumbup:

Wow, it looks great :cry_happy: ! Finally, a half-decent pictures of the Rohirrim. I like them from what I can make out. Those helmets look amazing. So, do all of the figs really. Can't wait for these to be released :thumbup: .

Wow!! LEGO is doing a REALLY good job of evoking the Lord of the Rings atmosphere. These all look a million times better than the prelims we saw a few months back. This is going to take a huge chunk out of my LEGO budget this summer. :cry_sad:

Absolutely spot on! A wonderful job by LEGO :laugh: !

The pics are great, any "interior" shots of Helm's deep and the Uruk Hai army?