wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

These sets are looking better and better.

As a die-hard LOTR fan (I not only own the special collectors box set of the films but also the full definitive edition book) I just gotta have these.

Do we have any info on likely prices for these sets (especially Australian pricing)?

Ah, nice! The sets look better now.

I'm not quite sure about the accuracy of these sets. The Weathertop set would have definitely been better if it didn't include the small cave.

I wonder if multiples of the Uruk-hai Army set can be connected together to form a larger wall. I'll be getting at least two of that set.

Ah, nice! The sets look better now.

I'm not quite sure about the accuracy of these sets. The Weathertop set would have definitely been better if it didn't include the small cave.

I wonder if multiples of the Uruk-hai Army set can be connected together to form a larger wall. I'll be getting at least two of that set.

It can, also can be attached to Helms Deep set to make a bigger scene.

I also really wonder why there is an inside in Weathertop?

I just don't like the inconsistency. If the lotr horse molds come just in the that position, it makes the old molds irrelevant. Eventually the old molds will be out numbered, and so on and so.

You'll get over it. I still make my horses like this:Norman Knights.

Edited by Frank-Lloyd-Knight

I was doing some research on why the Weathertop set (Tower of Amon Sul) would possibly open up. Based from the movie alone, there is no reason why there would be an interior area in Weathertop. Based on the books, Amon Sul was one of three areas to hold one of the three palatirs of the North Kingdom. Although a palantir would be cool on the inside, I'm guessing that it has to do with the playing feature of the set. Other possibilities would be a troll cave with treasure in it, or an area to find the athelas herb to heal Frodo. Another idea that occurred to me, is why not buy more than one of these sets? If you buy two, you can place them back to back (while opened up) to create an even larger Weathertop.

At first this set didn't look that appealing at first glance. But the fact that it comes with a good figure collection, food items, scenery, a horse(s) and now it opens up to an area with a mystery use? I'm definitely buying this set!

The Weathertop set would have definitely been better if it didn't include the small cave.

It's not a cave. It is that small inset in the hill where they were camping out that was right next to the steps.

Exactly how the set is portraying it.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

In one way I'm disipointed in the mines of moria set don't get me wrong its an awesome set but when i heard about that set I had High hopes for a balrog the troll is still realy cool but I like big lego creatures that why i also want lego to make a rankore and who would deney that a lego balrog would be absolutely awesome (if TLG did it right which i would think they would) but oh well

In one way I'm disipointed in the mines of moria set don't get me wrong its an awesome set but when i heard about that set I had High hopes for a balrog the troll is still realy cool but I like big lego creatures that why i also want lego to make a rankore and who would deney that a lego balrog would be absolutely awesome (if TLG did it right which i would think they would) but oh well

Dude...PLEASE use punctuation next time. :wacko: This is an adult fan site, please try to use correct punctuation and grammar, thanks. :thumbup: I agree, a LEGO Balrog would be epic, but...this is LEGO. I'd almost say it'd be more fun to build our own Balrog.*

*Unless LEGO already has one in the works for the next wave in which case GIMME! :tongue:

I think your'e right. I must admit, when I saw Shelob, I thought "The perfect Aragog :blush: ". And Gollum might make a good Kreacher. And the One Ring could be useful as the ring that contained the Resurrection Stone, and...so on and so on...

Hey! Someone else who had the same initial idea for the One Ring! Poor Sauron, everyone keeps taking his Ring...first Isildur...then Gollum...then Frodo...then Harry Potter... :laugh::tongue:

EDIT: On another note...we DEFINITELY need Isengard...if only so the Uruk-hai can be "taking the Hobbits" to it. :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

Hey! Someone else who had the same initial idea for the One Ring! Poor Sauron, everyone keeps taking his Ring...first Isildur...then Gollum...then Frodo...then Harry Potter... :laugh::tongue:

Nope, sorry: the true purpose of the One Ring is to be a doughnut for the next wave of city police sets :wink:

Those figures look ace :wub: . The printing looks so very detailed. I do wonder why they haven't released pictures of the Rohirrim soldier or Haldir yet. I mean, they've given pictures of all the bad guys, so why not do the same with the good guys?

I just realized...aside from Shelob, there are no RoTK sets at all. Next wave? :cry_happy: Ah, a Minas Tirith. Or, a Minas Morgul! :wub_drool:

My theory for the opening-up function for Weathertop is the same as why Sirius Blacks escape opened up. An extra hiding place and probably a gem or two.

Are the sets at the toy fairs still preliminary, as Helm's Deep still has the dark tan brick sections?

My theory for the opening-up function for Weathertop is the same as why Sirius Blacks escape opened up. An extra hiding place and probably a gem or two.

Are the sets at the toy fairs still preliminary, as Helm's Deep still has the dark tan brick sections?

I think the opening up function is there jsut because it can be and it allows for more flexibility.

When is the next wave of pics due to -- I mean, when is the next toy fair? Is it this very weekend in NY?

When is the next wave of pics due to -- I mean, when is the next toy fair? Is it this very weekend in NY?

sunday the 12th. and maybe they will release a new poster or minifigure wallpaper for Eomer, Haldir and theoden this coming week.

I am glad to see Shelob is black/brown and not red like in the poster. I love the Rohan horse banner! Other than that I don't see things very clearly. The photo is too small. I wish it was at a higher resolution?! I like Theodens helmet, I think...

It is not a half carrot. He is putting it into a pot. I don't see any dark tan on helms deep. And yes that horse in Gandalf Arrives looks shorter. This is because its head is posed closer to the ground than the horse next to it. It is an optical illusion.

I can't wait for real photos so all of this speculation can end. Then we can talk about the real effects of all the new molds.

I think the NY toy fair starts on the twelfth of February, but I may be wrong. If toy fairs usually happen over weekends, it could be much sooner.

I think the NY toy fair starts on the twelfth of February, but I may be wrong. If toy fairs usually happen over weekends, it could be much sooner.

It starts on that date, indeed - and it will run from then until the 15th of February..

Which means that if we're not getting more pics from the German ToyFair, we'll have to wait for another 8 days.

~ General Magma

I'm really glad that the door in the side of the tower was included with Helm's Deep, it makes it a lot easier to reenact the movies! I still wish that Legolas was in the Helm's deep set, I mean, watching the films he is in every other scene. I suppose it's good that lego included haldir but I would've put Legolas in front of Gimli any day!

I'm really glad that the door in the side of the tower was included with Helm's Deep, it makes it a lot easier to reenact the movies! I still wish that Legolas was in the Helm's deep set, I mean, watching the films he is in every other scene. I suppose it's good that lego included haldir but I would've put Legolas in front of Gimli any day!

I'm glad Legolas isn't in Helm's Deep. If he was the rather than Gimli, then you wouldn't be able to recreate the scene with Gimli and Aaragorn and the "dwarf tossing", unless you buy Balin's Tomb, which has Legolas anyway.

Also, I was looking at the picture of the series 7 CMFs, and I noticed that the black knight guy in that series has a dark pearl silver highlander sword. I feel as if that sword in that color would be much more fitting for the Nazgul, rather than the lighter version. I hope that the Nazgul swords end up in that colour to fit in with the rest of the baddies armour and weapons.

Edited by Fives

I'm glad Legolas isn't in Helm's Deep. If he was the rather than Gimli, then you wouldn't be able to recreate the scene with Gimli and Aaragorn and the "dwarf tossing", unless you buy Balin's Tomb, which has Legolas anyway.

Also, I was looking at the picture of the series 7 CMFs, and I noticed that the black knight guy in that series has a dark pearl silver highlander sword. I feel as if that sword in that color would be much more fitting for the Nazgul, rather than the lighter version. I hope that the Nazgul swords end up in that colour to fit in with the rest of the baddies armour and weapons.

I hope not, the lighter version is an accurate rendition of one of the Nazgûl swords, whether it be a longsword or a Morgul blade:

Nazgûl Blade (click)

As you can see, the sword's color is more of a pearl light grey color. There were 3 main weapons the 'regular' Nazgûl would use, but their blades were all this

lighter color. Only the hilts used dark colors, but I can't see TLC doing a multi-colored sword for the Nazgûl while it already works well this way. So, the color on the sword is accurate this way. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but AFAIK there are

at least 3 swords the Nazgûl used in pearl light grey colors. (Actually a bit more like silver, but oh well)

The Nazgûl figures now only need grey gloves,

but Boromir and Gimli both need gloves as well. That can easily be changed, though.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

I hope not, the lighter version is an accurate rendition of one of the Nazgûl swords, whether it be a longsword or a Morgul blade:

Nazgul_2.jpg

As you can see, the sword's color is more of a pearl light grey color. There were 3 main weapons the 'regular' Nazgûl would use, but their blades were all this

lighter color. Only the hilts used dark colors, but I can't see TLC doing a multi-colored sword for the Nazgûl while it already works very nicely this way.

And thus, the color they're using for the Nazgûl sword works perfect and is done accurately. The Nazgûl figures now only need grey gloves,

but Boromir and Gimli both need gloves as well. That's easily changed, though.

~ General Magma

Well, I guess the current swords are more accurate.

On another note, I was looking closely ( as closely as I could ) at the Theoden fig, and does anyone else think he is wearing a LEGO armour piece over his torso? I hope so, and in the case that he is, I hope that his torso underneath the armour is the red shirt with gold trim, and green sleeves.

Edited by Fives

Well, I guess the current swords are more accurate.

On another note, I was looking closely ( as closely as I could ) at the Theoden fig, and does anyone else think he is wearing a LEGO armour piece over his torso? I hope so, and in the case that he is, I hope that his torso underneath the armour is the red shirt with gold trim, and green sleeves.

It's been established long ago that theoden wears a printed armor piece. I'm hoping for a printed torso underneath aswell!

I'm sure he does - it wouldn't make any sense to just print his armor decoration on his torso,

since that would just be inaccurate and makes his armor look way too thin.

I hope they'll make a new armor-piece for him, but I kind of doubt that..

Eomer, Theoden and the Rohirrim soldier (Royal Guard) would be much better if they used

three different helmets with their own unique, accurate designs, instead of re-using the same helmet for all 3 figures.

They have quite alot of differences in the movies - so let's hope they'll go for different helmets.

~ General Magma