wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

The figs look great for the most part!

Aragorn looks unfinished, needs a cape or something. Gandalf should got a staff mould, and the Gimli's torso for some reason doesnt look right. Only thing about the baddies is that I don't like the different coloured hands; looks dumb.

But other than that, good job TLC!

The figs look great for the most part!

Aragorn looks unfinished, needs a cape or something.

!he aragorn figure is a huge failiure when it comes to colors! all hes colors are wrong(the coat color I get)

8583orig.jpg

I want:

Dark brown coat

Redishbrown west

Gray inner shirt, or red depending on he scene.

Black or dark gray pants

Aragorn appears almost black in msot of the movies so theres no reason for light gray west and BEIGE pants!

Edited by deskp

Wow! Boromir look so much better with those arms :) Aragorn doesn't have Anduil though, maybe it'll come in a later set?

It's a shame Galdalf doesn't have a better staff, but never mind :)

Gollum looks incredible in that poster :D

The baddies look terrific too!

And I'll say it once again. Gandalf's hat should be blue! But I feel a hole in my wallet already!!!

I hope Gimlis beard is the wrong color in the newest image, cause he totaly lost hes charm and likeness when hes beard is dark brown, it blends in with both the helmet and hes legs so he looks boring.

gimlia.jpg

Edited by deskp

The Boromir fig turned out phenomenal! Love the dark red/dark blue color scheme. Also noticed this poster displays him and Aragorn with their alternate face expressions. I think I'll be displaying him this way - makes him look less like Theoden. Aragorn looks pretty good, although I agree the colors of his outfit are a bit off. I'm still hoping figure in the Helms Deep set will come with a different costume design to this one.

Not much to say on the others. The whole fellowship looks fantastic so far. I think Merry turned out the best of the four hobbits. Gandalf does look a little odd without hair but I'd expect that will change when Lego gets round to the inevitable Balrog set.

Really satisfied with how the Uruk Hai and orcs turned out. Also nice to see Lego seperating the Mordor orcs from the Moria ones. Gollum... eh? It will take some time getting used too. Not a bit fan of the Clone Wars anime eyes he has. The Ringwraiths are as expected. Too bad there's no pictures of the finished Cave Troll, Haldir or the Rohirim. :cry_sad:

Too bad LEGOlas can't have a quiver or a cape.

I understand the quiver but why not the cape? Long hair isn't a problem for the new Princess Leia in the Y-Wing set.

I understand the quiver but why not the cape? Long hair isn't a problem for the new Princess Leia in the Y-Wing set.

Yeah Dumbledore has long hair and cape aswell I think.

I guess a cape is possible. However, I think the cape ends up laying a little funny when it is crushed onto the back of the figure.

Lego has changed the picture on the web site today

No thats like a week old, I think you just needa deleate your cookies or soemthing before they show the newest images.

These are just amazing! Gollum is perfect! I know that he doesn't have the most poseability, but it seems like he is the kind of fig that looks great, but doesn't get played with much, much like the new Sebulba. Boromir looks fantastic, and the highlander sword looks fine for these figs.

The Uruk-hai is awesome, and I'm really excited to see more of the face and body print. As for the two orcs, they both looks really good, and LEGO has done a fantastic job of making them looks different enough but similar enough to be recognized.

Simply, I'm amazed, and cannot wait to see more pics and buy every set when they come out! Bravo LEGO!

Blech. I don't like Gollum much at all. I love the hobbit clothes. And Boromir is spot on.

The Nazgul is pretty dull. And I'm not sure about the Uruk-Hai. The orcs look good though. I think they will mix well with the Castle trolls.

Steve

On the subject of Gimli's axe:

The dude has like a million axes in the trilogy. He has at least two throwing axes (small, single blades) his "walking stick axe" (long enough to be a Dwarf walking stick, also single-bladed) and his DORF BATTLE RAGE axe, which is long handled and the only one with a double blade. Watch him psyching up in Balin's tomb again, the thing is pretty meaty. I'm personally glad he has it, but I'd appreciate it if they gave him different axes with different sets. You can NEVER EVER have too many of those axe blades. :laugh:

Gandalf is the only dissapointment, but I'm hoping he won't seem as bad in person, or that a hypothetical Gandalf the White turns out better.

Meanwhile, my wallet just caught fire. Excuse me...

*huh* I cannot believe how rude people were to the moderators a few pages back!

A mod's a mod and they have authority in every forum!

As for the figures, they seem very detailed and well transformed to LEGO, except for Gollum.. :look:

I am just crazy about LOTR and I am getting more and more excited as I continue to see more pics of the sets as time goes on. I have to say that I do really like all of the different minifigs including the gollum minifigure. That is just how I was hoping they would make him and I think he is great. Also I am really excited about the sets so far. All of them look great and the fact that Lego is doing the new ring piece is just icing on the cake. Great theme and I hope that Lego continues it for many years as I plan to buy all of the sets and multiples of some. :sweet:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I love the Gollum and Uruk-Hai, but the Nazgûl is disappointingly plain. I'm not sure how to do it better though.

Boromir is amazing, and the Hobbits are pretty much perfect. Gandalf, Aragorn and LEGOlas are all a little meh, but they can't all be perfect. I too preferred the lighter-bearded Gimli to this darker one.

I love the Gollum and Uruk-Hai, but the Nazgûl is disappointingly plain. I'm not sure how to do it better though.

Try substituting the Nazgul legs with a black slope piece (legging used for female figs). I've done that with my Nazgul mocs - personally I think it looks great.

6 Whole Months to wait now....... :sing:

I hope gollum has in interchangable head to show smeagol

Edited by TheDoctor

I don't like fleshie minifigs, but I must say that those minifigs are pretty kick megablocks. Probably the best series of minifigs I have ever seen LEGO do for a single theme. I might have to get most of them, and try to switch flesh with yellow where applicable. Thankfully, the bad guys are fine as is.

Saw the Gollum poster on the mainpage and thought it was fantastic, then I saw the minifig.... What happened to it?!?

Edited by Oafley Jones