wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

well if everyone is being nit picky, shouldn't gimli be a bit taller then the hobbits?

Yes, he should. But I guess LEGO didn't want to introduce 3/4 length legs. Don't know how 1x1 plates under the feet would look, to simulate boots. Or maybe one of the custom part manufacturers could design a 'spacer' element that would sit between the legs and the torso.

I was rather hoping that LEGO would take the opportunity to introduce short legs with some sort of a movement option. Currently all the short figures are rather static.

I need to find a job

to buy all this lot I would need £321.93... :cry_sad:

Edited by Javert

I need to find a job

I have 2 jobs and I plan on buying at least $1000 worth. At least. :blush:

Helms deep looks like it could be (re)built with regular pieces from castle and kingdoms quite easily. Lots of gray walls. It it weren't for the figs and the horse, people would not buy it maybe.

Also, I do not think that Gandalfs carriage will get a posable horse. It would make a highly demanded piece available in a cheap set and undermine a reason to buy the expensive ones.

Also, as far as I can see, there is ONE elf so far and he lives in a 70 Euro set. For an elf army maker this means he cannot hope so significantly increase his ranks. For me, this means this year will be about horses and a few figs.

Edit: OK, two elves, the other one lives in a 99 or 120 Euro set...

Edited by Wardancer

I'm loving the look of these. The colours and the style of the sets.

I need to find a job

Many people with jobs don't have that kind of disposable income. Or they do but they can't justify spending that much on Lego! Over time I'd like to get all of these but, given we'll be getting more every six months it's unlikely. I think I'll just get one or two initially. Probably Weathertop and the Gandalf Cart. I do like the look of the Orc Forge though.

I think my main issue is that at some point certain sets might end up being hard to find. If that starts to happen I might have to bit the bullet and get them.

One thing to keep in mind is that that will be full retail price. Even new sets you tend to be able to get for 10%-15% at Amazon. Usually more here and there if you keep your eyes peeled.

Edited by Ash

Well they have dug out the earth to make their holes n that. it really really look like a pickaxe to me, also the pikes at the end shouldnt be longer than the ones on normal uruk swords

Well, the berserker uses a sword that looks like a pickaxe, but is way longer. Look for example at this picture. I hope they will make a new mold for it, but we'll see.

This is gonna cost me - I would love to buy those sets !

I use to buy almost all Star Wars but they are losing there "I want one" feel for me.

So, in order to have the minifigs of the entire Fellowship, one must buy all the sets... Hehe, clever marketting, as usual!

As a fan of both LEGO and Tolkien, I can't wait for the sets. So far they look great to me.

To be honest, as much as I have wanted lord of the rings lego for years, based on the prelim pics I wasn't going to get any. Now though, I have to get a legolas minifig and I'm pretty sure that once I've bought one I won't be able to resist the rest! (Just wondering, is that Legolas on Helm's deep or the other one, can't remember his name?)

To be honest, as much as I have wanted lord of the rings lego for years, based on the prelim pics I wasn't going to get any. Now though, I have to get a legolas minifig and I'm pretty sure that once I've bought one I won't be able to resist the rest! (Just wondering, is that Legolas on Helm's deep or the other one, can't remember his name?)

It's said to be Haldir of Lórien.

It's said to be Haldir of Lórien.

Oh man, I really want to get Haldir!

9474 The Battle of Helm’s Deep … The castle here was really cool … pretty large and well constructed with curved walls. There were new modified 2 x 2 bricks to simulate bricks, mixed in with the walls, which was pretty cool to see. I can see people wanting these bricks on their own for added detail in building MOCs. The castle comes with the “side door” feature, which I was reliable told is important to the story?! ;-) It comes with 8 minifigs – Gimli, King Theoden, Haldir, Aragorn and 4 Urak-Hai warriors. Priced at £99.99

I don't think that every set is needed for the fellowship... Just but Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attack, Attack on Weathertop and the Mine of Moria to get them all.

So, in order to have the minifigs of the entire Fellowship, one must buy all the sets... Hehe, clever marketting, as usual!

I still prefer this concept to ending with having 9 Jack Sparrow figures after buying the whole theme. Glad I didn't go for the polybags as well ...

I don't think that every set is needed for the fellowship... Just but Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attack, Attack on Weathertop and the Mine of Moria to get them all.

Hm, yes, it seems like you can skip 9471, Uruk-Hai Army, because it features Eomer. But I really like Eomer's character from the book and the movies. Plus, this particular set will be a great army builder.

MstrOfPppts - I see your point. :thumbup:

Damn those figs are nice, the detailed torsos, more capes, Gimli's helmet (lol), Lego-las' hair, I wonder how the orcs will look and the new weapons, I think I'll definately get a few sets, we'll see how much they are :tongue:

I hope we get some exclusives, like Uruk- or Riders of Rohan-army building sets -- like the Kingdoms 5-minifig army building ones, maybe with a troll here and a new horse there.

Can't remember where I got these from...

9469 83

9470 227

9471 257

9472 430

9473 776

9474 1368

9476 ???

Thanks--I vaguely recall seeing piece amounts before, but I was drawing an absolute blank. These counts do seem familiar--thanks for posting them!

Where is the link to see the pics, I have read from 114 page to this one and found none. :cry_sad:

Page 1 is updated with some pictures, which pictures are you referring to just the main cast line up?

I still prefer this concept to ending with having 9 Jack Sparrow figures after buying the whole theme. Glad I didn't go for the polybags as well ...

Same here! I really didn't understand why EVERY single Harry Potter set had a Harry Potter figure, I could understand having at least one of the three main characters, but not in every single set.

This approach is great, the only figures we are getting lots of multiples of are the army building minifigures, and we are getting many of them. I'm ecstatic for this line, it has great figures, and by looking at Huw Millington's photos, I'd say the sets look great, and I love that they are modular. I'm definitely collecting every single set, I just need to save up as this will be expensive together with my Star Wars collection.

Helms deep looks like it could be (re)built with regular pieces from castle and kingdoms quite easily. Lots of gray walls. It it weren't for the figs and the horse, people would not buy it maybe.

Also, I do not think that Gandalfs carriage will get a posable horse. It would make a highly demanded piece available in a cheap set and undermine a reason to buy the expensive ones.

I think you might be right about it not getting a poseable horse (assuming the new horse doesn't just completely replace the classic one), but I don't think intentionally limiting availability of "highly demanded" pieces to expensive sets figures much (if at all) into their thinking. If anything, they'll limit it to an expensive set simply because it's an expensive part. Otherwise, they do put highly desirable new elements in small, inexpensive sets all the time.

If we're not getting pics from the toy fair.. then when are we seeing the official pictures?

This was just the London Toy Fair. I would guess that Lego is saving the picture flood for the New York Toy Fair (which is usually around the second weekend in February). I would also expect to see Hobbit sets at SDCC (at least that is what I'm hoping for).