wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

The Fellowship looks awesome. This is a good start to a theme with such high expectations. I really can't wait to see official photos of the sets as I don't get excited by "preliminary" photos.

Gimli's helmet is like the most beautiful piece ever.

I'm also glad that Boromir and Peregrin don't have any fleshie prints in their torsos.

Is it just me, or does the legolas figure ACTUALLY look like Orlando Bloom?!

And Boromir looks so much like Sean Bean. Finally a Sean Bean minifig! Awesome! :laugh:

As I'm alot into minifigs, I knew this theme will be a must have for me! They all look amazing, only Gandalf feels a bit unfinished to me. I think he should really have a new hat mould with hair sticking out, they were quite long ... or at least the beard should have the whiskers like the older Merlin mold or even better, like blackbeard the hair being part of the beard and the hat fits to cover everything.

These are simply AMAZING! I know I'm nitpicking here but shouldn't Boromir have red arms?

As I'm alot into minifigs, I knew this theme will be a must have for me! They all look amazing, only Gandalf feels a bit unfinished to me. I think he should really have a new hat mould with hair sticking out, they were quite long ... or at least the beard should have the whiskers like the older Merlin mold or even better, like blackbeard the hair being part of the beard and the hat fits to cover everything.

Agreed about Gandalf. Long hair would definitely make him perfect. I'm not too happy with his staff either. That is definitely deserving of a new mold, IMHO.

These mini-figs look brilliant, can't wait to see the rest.

I'm also glad that the majority don't have any flesh colour on the torso so we can stick yellow heads on!

HOLY MOLY!! those are stunning, Sam would have been better with hes west and or jacket but I know this fits the scene hes in.

No buildt in quiver for Legolas. :thumbup:

Merry & Pippin likeness is among the best I've ever seen in lego! :thumbup:

Gimli has all the uniqe parts he needed. :thumbup:

Would gandalfs staff be better with a matching little cone? :thumbdown:

Legolas' hair still has a large gap between the hear and the head, this wont be the case in the real minifigure right? :thumbdown:

Ring piece :thumbup:

Boromir would look better with non-blue arms. :thumbdown:

Gandalf looks abit bald, hope there is a hair pice that fits over that for sauroman and such. :thumbdown:

Overall im very very happy about these!

YES! I had a feeling that's how they would do the ring. Great photo and it is getting me more excited about the theme. :grin:

These are simply AMAZING! I know I'm nitpicking here but shouldn't Boromir have red arms?

Correct. He looks nice this way, but I would of thought Dark Red to be more accurate. But Metalic Dark Grey would of also fit.

Edited by MattTheLegoman

Correct. He looks nice this way, but I would of thought Dark Red to be more accurate. But Metalic Dark Grey would of also fit.

Agreed, dark red would be best. I have a feeling the arms will be changed, though, especially considering you can clearly see he has red/dark red under his tunic and especially on the side of the torso at the arms, and it makes no sense for his arms to be dark blue.

Also, I think he should have black hands as he was wearing gloves while in Moria. I also hope Aragorn has a glove on his right hand. :sweet:

On a separate note, it looks to me like LEGOlas is wearing olive green, for those who were discussing this before.

Edited by newwavejunkie

Is it just me, or does the legolas figure ACTUALLY look like Orlando Bloom?!

It is kind of cool that all the minifigures look like their respective actor from the movie. There is no doubt about it. I think you could have simply shown the heads and we could have picked out who is who. :classic:

I just made that picture my desktop background LOL.. Fantastic!

My wife walked in and literally gasped.. then announced that we HAVE to get all the sets that come out for this series.

First time she's ever said anything like that :)

I think Gimli looks the best, but they are all must haves~

Gimli, the hobbits and Aragorn all look fantastic. I'm a bit undecided about the rest though, especially Gandalf.

As for the glove situation Boromir and Aragorn I like not wearing gloves but Gimli should wear gloves cause I think he almsot never takes them off.

For what its worth Boromir has red arms in the prelims, I think this might just be another CG oversight! :classic:

Edited by deskp

As for the glove situation Boromir and Aragorn I like not wearing gloves but Gimli should wear gloves cause I think he almsot never takes them off.

For what its worth Boromir has red arms in the prelims, I think this might just be another CG oversight! :classic:

Yes, I was going to mention in my previous post that Gimli should be wearing gloves as well...but I thought I'd complained about hands enough for one day. Boromir doesn't wear gloves while at Rivendell and since him wearing them may be just a personal preference, I can easily correct that myself. But yes, I do think Gimli should have them for sure.

All the minifigures are spectacular!

They're all great, although Sam looks slightly off. I'm not sure what it is. He's still a good minifigure, however.

Edited by Walt

They're all great, although Sam looks slightly off. I'm not sure what it is. He's still a good minifigure, however.

I think it's the hair. It looks great on the other hobbits but seems a bit off for Sam. I think something similar to young Anakin's hair would work.

post-4841-132742159507.jpg

Edited by newwavejunkie

Yeah it's hes hair, in the movie its shorter than everyone elses IMAGELINK Also he doesent wear hes west and jacket. And hes pants should be some other color.

Edited by deskp

Yeah it's hes hair, in the movie its shorter than everyone elses IMAGELINK Also he doesent wear hes west and jacket. And hes pants should be some other color.

Based on that pic, I'd say Sam's pants should be either dark bley or dark tan. I think dark brown might be more accurate for Merry and Pippin. Frodo is fine as is. They should all have different colored cloaks as well, but again I'm nitpicking.

Thank you very much to Phil of Blogomatic3000 for the images and to andhe for sharing this hot news! :thumbup: The Fellowship minifigs alone are reasons enough to collect almost all (if not all) of the LOTR sets lined-up. :wub_drool: Really can't wait to have these! :excited:

That's some insanely detailed mini-printing on Gimli's helm. I'm VERY impressed. I'm going to be very tempted to get into the LOTR and HOBBIT sets just for the dwarves! And their beards!!

Is lego creating some new beard standard? it looks like Gimlis helmet fits over Gandalfs beard.

The Fellowship look great!

And seeing what a great job they have done with Gimli, I can't wait to see all the different dwarves from the Hobbit sets.