Sign in to follow this  
djs72

Yet another Probe Droid and a big hello and thank you to all.

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello,

Though I've only recently joined this site, it's been one I've been following for years. I can't say enough about some of the creations I've seen here and I feel like I owe a big thank you for countless hours spent with my kids looking over everyone's MOC's the past year or two, and keeping up to date with their favourite LEGO themes - in this Star Wars forum and in Pirates, in particular.

I just felt it was about time I submitted my first post and thought I should at least put up something small I just built for my son. We'd seen quite a few great Probe Droid creations here, large and small, and I thought I'd take what I'd learned from some of you and try my own version. I was trying to keep it as close to minifig size as possible for him, while retaining as much accuracy as I could.

Hopefully, the kids and I will use this to start a larger Hoth scene this summer.

At any rate, here it is - and again a big thanks for all of the unbelievable work a lot of you post here.

Have a good one.

probe_droid_small.jpg

Welcome djs72! This is a great looking probe droid! It’s simple and effective with nice details. Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks! Hopefully, in a few months, the kids and I will be able to get stuck into some much larger MOC's and scenes, again, trying to use a lot of what I've been learning in here.

Welcome to the EB community! You sure know how to make an entrance with that nice little probe droid! It is pretty accurate to the real thing overall, but i particularly like the arms underneath. I hope you keep posting your creations, i'd love to see what else you got in store for us!

Wow, that is a really good looking version of the probe droid :thumbup:. Very well put together :thumbup:.

Welcome aboard. Fitting way to make an entrance as you have been probing us for years. :classic: Good looking droid. :thumbup:

Welcome aboard. Fitting way to make an entrance as you have been probing us for years. :classic: Good looking droid. :thumbup:

Nice! Hope it hasn't been too painful for anyone! Thanks for the comments. I've recently finished a few larger PoC creations for the kids to play with, as well. I'll be posting them later this week in the Pirates forum.