Sign in to follow this  
danim

MOC: Street Sweeper

indexed.gif V-LI-06D

Here is my latest creation

It is a mini street sweeper that is used in the UK to clean paths and is also used in the main roads

On either side there are holders for a shovel and a brush

7175929116_d6b789d1ed_z.jpg

And the side

7175931840_0f11462e6d_z.jpg

and the rear

7175935180_793e3e0f8d_z.jpg

And here is an image of a real one

5841050026_aa917714b1_m.jpg

C's and C's welcome

Edited by danim

Really nice little MOC, looks as good as the ones I see on the streets.

Thanks

it is one of the smallest MOC's I have done, the reason behind it is that I was driving along the road on Tuesday and passed a couple of street sweepers driving the opposite way and noticed that none of them had the thing that is on the front of Lego's Sweepers so I rebuilt it to look the same as the ones that my local council use however I could not do it in the white that West Lothian Council use as the roof piece dose not come in white so I changed it to yellow

Looks great! I really like the color scheme, although the back could have been longer to be proportional to the windscreen.

Nice little machine 'damin' :classic: , but I also think that the body length is too short when comparing it with your image of a real one. :wink:

Brick On Sweep On 'damin' ! :classic:

Thanks

it is one of the smallest MOC's I have done, the reason behind it is that I was driving along the road on Tuesday and passed a couple of street sweepers driving the opposite way and noticed that none of them had the thing that is on the front of Lego's Sweepers so I rebuilt it to look the same as the ones that my local council use however I could not do it in the white that West Lothian Council use as the roof piece dose not come in white so I changed it to yellow

I think the color change to yellow instead of white makes it fit in better with the TLG maintenance vehicles; which seem to often be this same yellow.

Hi LT I have absolutely no idea, it looks like it slopes back. I will have a look at my model when I get home and see what it looks like with an extra stud added to the rear

cpw That is why I was not that bothered about changing the colour to yellow

Thanks LT for the idea of extending the length of it. I have added two studs to the length of it and it looks much better. First post has now been updated

Edited by danim

what do you guys think of the mod

I think it is a wonderful little MOC. I love the details in it. Can the front part be opened? It looks like there are hinges on the top.

Thanks for the comment, yes the windscreen can be hinged up to allow access to the driver

thanks I decided that since Lego's own council vehicles were yellow I thought it would look out of place in any other colour