legomilk

Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

Is all the good information and stuff about next years lego about to blow up? :devil:

Actually its "galaxy squad" (or qest, not sure) but dont expect much of it. Its space based action theme (like world racers, Agents etc...) with childish figs and colorful vehicles fighting against some insectoid aliens (not 100% sure about this last).

Too bad. I would very muh like to se "serious" arctic/space theme, with quality sets like lets say space police.

Hmm. I was hoping for an arctic theme. I really can't say I'm crazy about the way all these rumored themes have been going. :hmpf_bad:

Wait...so this sneak peek doesn't mean anything? :wacko:

I'm confused...

Bluebeard, out-

Yeah, that's getting me confused too. But maybe that does in fact have to do with Speedorz?

I'm confused...

Bluebeard, out-

Someone in other topic said that it's for legend of Chima.

I'm confused...

Bluebeard, out-

Maybe it could be something to do with LEGO Galaxy? Like an Ice Planet set, or even the orb that the theme is based on? :look:

I'm confused...

Bluebeard, out-

Yeah, that's getting me confused too. But maybe that does in fact have to do with Speedorz?

Someone in other topic said that it's for legend of Chima.

Yeah, I think this might explain it, I posted this in the Chima topic. The combined sources of legomilk, Brickset, cwetqo seem to be all in agreement.

Some more information from Brickset:

We have this poster from the LEGO Magazine. Some speculated this could be the new Arctic/Space theme.

That "poster" has nothing to do with an ice/polar theme. It's about Legends of Chima.

Quoted previously:

there's Chima replacing Ninjago which is kinda like Avatar with humanoid animals, but there'll be fly wheel type things rather than spinners along with sets and Hero Factoryish figures,
^^^Agreed. The flywheel stuff in Chima is Speedorz BTW...

So my evaluation is that the trademarks that were registered for "Legends of Chima" and "Speedorz" are one in the same. Basically "Speedorz" isn't a new racing theme but is some proprietary thing used in the "Chima" theme.

Lastly, the Arctic theme is probably that new Space theme called "Galaxy Quest".

This would mean 2 new themes for 2013 (Chima, Galaxy Quest or whatever). Not 4 (Chima, Speedorz, Polar Explorer, Galaxy Quest).

YES, please. :laugh:

-Gata signoff.png

As great as that would be for a clue, doesn't anyone else think we've had a bunch of space themes already? It was only last year, 2011, that we had Alien Conquest. I expected it to run longer but LEGO let it run only in 2011. I like space themes alot (Mars Mission, Alien Conquest, Space Police), but I would like to see the Polar Xxpress theme push through. The last time TLG made a polar theme was in the early 2000's. Since then, there was some arctic-related activity in Alpha Team and Star Wars (Hoth of course). There have been quite a number of collectible space minifigures (series 1, 3, 6, 7 and 8). I would like to see more modern arctic sets. Just like the underground theme (Rock Raiders and Power Miners) and ninja themes (Ninja, Ninjago), these are not frequent and are more exciting than recreating the same type of theme with different pieces. That is one reason I didn't Kingdoms right after Castle (2008 version). It felt repetitive! :wacko:

I apologize Gatanui. I am not trying to diminish your hopes on another space theme.

Maybe this arctic theme is the same as legends of chima?

Hmm, you might be right. It can be oriental but snowy... Good thinking. :grin:

I think it is time for some of us to sit back and watch rather than speculate and add to the rumors around here. I have never seen so much speculation on a theme, that it almost hurts.

This would mean 2 new themes for 2013 (Chima, Galaxy Quest or whatever). Not 4 (Chima, Speedorz, Polar Explorer, Galaxy Quest).

That makes a lof of sense. Although I don't see the idea called up (in my mind) by Speedorz as having anything to do with Chima, it seems to me that 2 themes would be more likely than 4.

As great as that would be for a clue, doesn't anyone else think we've had a bunch of space themes already? It was only last year, 2011, that we had Alien Conquest. I expected it to run longer but LEGO let it run only in 2011. I like space themes alot (Mars Mission, Alien Conquest, Space Police), but I would like to see the Polar Xxpress theme push through. The last time TLG made a polar theme was in the early 2000's. Since then, there was some arctic-related activity in Alpha Team and Star Wars (Hoth of course). There have been quite a number of collectible space minifigures (series 1, 3, 6, 7 and 8). I would like to see more modern arctic sets. Just like the underground theme (Rock Raiders and Power Miners) and ninja themes (Ninja, Ninjago), these are not frequent and are more exciting than recreating the same type of theme with different pieces. That is one reason I didn't Kingdoms right after Castle (2008 version). It felt repetitive! :wacko:

I apologize Gatanui. I am not trying to diminish your hopes on another space theme.

Space is one of their "Evergreen" Themes. Like Castle and Pirates. These are overarching recurring themes that they always try to keep a few of at least one of them on the shelves. These are their big ongoing projects that have a long steady history of sales.

Arctic is not a Theme itself, nor is it an Evergreen concept. It is an environment that they have used in other themes to good effect. (City, Alpha Team, and the licensed SW subjects). It will be nice to see them use it again somewhere. But chances are it will not supersede one of their classic themes. They may do another Ice Planet sub theme (which would be kind of cool). They may do a more modern City Arctic Explorer type run (which would be more likely given their shift towards better looking vehicles in recent years.) They may do an adventurers offshoot such as an Agents or Ninjago type action fight in the ice. But chances are whatever they do will be a small, single release, pack of a couple of small sets. There is only so much you can do with that much white that doesn't have Star Wars attached to it.

There is only so much you can do with that much white that doesn't have Star Wars attached to it.

But they needn't necessarily use a lot of white pieces. Look at the Deep Freeze Alpha Team sets - they had a two seperate colour schemes, neither of which contained any white, and apart from the Flagship set, none of them had an excess of white pieces (and even the flagship was pretty subtle about it). As long as the colour scheme of the sets work on a white background, I don't think that's going to be an issue. =)

They may do another Ice Planet sub theme (which would be kind of cool).

Pun intended? :thumbup:

Hello the name is galaxy squad.

Only it's me stees not clear what kind of theme word.

I'm just glad I know the name.

Hello the name is galaxy squad.

Only it's me stees not clear what kind of theme word.

I'm just glad I know the name.

Hope it will use our galaxy patrol guys :D

space theme with type animals around unsafe.

Polar express is Galaxy Squad space thema.

It would be cool if it was a multi-year theme (kinda like Ninjago), and each year or wave was on a different planet or something. For instance, a jungle planet, ice planet, etc.

If it does incorporate something similar to the Galaxy Patrol guy, I'll be all in for this. Especially if there's a Mech or two for them. Just think of an already heavily armored minifig with a giant Mech.

If Chima is any good (which it's starting to sound cool), between that and this, my wallet is going to hurt.

Kalhiki

Ha, no worries, personally, I was a great fan of the Arctic theme. :laugh:

-Gata signoff.png

It sounds like Alien animals protectors vs Space Hunters.

Sounds epic.

Hmm. The CMF Galaxy patrol was pretty cool, but it they're really fighting insectoid animals, I'm not so interested. :hmpf_bad:

a white galaxy patrol would be great. we'll need a dark red, a dark tan/orange and a black one.

from the dark blue from s7, and those above new colors, i could make my new neo-classic space men. :devil: