Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

Hello everyone.

2013 get a new theme.

Lego Polar EXpress 2013

the theme is a research team

everything with snow and ice to do it.

More information I have not.

Ummmmm... How do you know?

I am just taking his word for it from past experiences when Legomilk announced other upcoming Lego themes. I am guessing he knows someone in the Lego group and it would be in his/our best interest not to reveal his source.

Edited by MCNwakeboard

Thanks 'legomilk' for the information! I'm really looking forward for this team. Maybe it will be something like the Alpha Team Artic subtheme? :sweet:

Ummmmm... How do you know?

Could you give a link to that info? Is there any pics? A statement from TLG?

Don't ever doubt 'legomilk'. He is always right. :tongue:

I am just taking his word for it from past experiences when Legomilk announced other upcoming Lego themes. I am guessing he knows someone in the Lego group and it would be in his/our best interest not to reveal his source.

Don't ever doubt 'legomilk'. He is always right. :tongue:

In that case, I can't wait for this theme! TLG really does seem to want all of my money.

Possibly inspired by the classic Ice Planet 2002? Or with less of a sci-fi flavor?

Either way, this is intriguing. It could easily be an offshoot of LEGO City, or something completely different depending on what direction they take. Still, this is extremely early for any 2013 news. I don't see much point in speculating until we get to the latter half of 2012. :laugh:

Seems.... not exciting :tongue:

But definitely not a bad thing. I'm expecting these sets to have very nice structures considering it is a "research" theme instead of an "action" theme.

Seems.... not exciting :tongue:

But definitely not a bad thing. I'm expecting these sets to have very nice structures considering it is a "research" theme instead of an "action" theme.

Well, he never said it wasn't an "action" theme. What's interesting here is that it could really go any number of directions.

Could be like Lost Planet:

lost_planet_art_04.jpg

Or, it could be like some of the City offshoot themes we've seen before:

6575-1.jpg

Or something else entirely.

penguin-war.jpg

Whatever it is, I think it will be interesting!

I'm intrigued. I'd love for it to be like Ice Planet, even like Arctic would be ok. I can only imagine it'll be an action theme - everything is these days. :sadnew: I'm personally a fan of structure based sets packed with lots of functions, but vehicles are easy sells for young boys - so I suspect there will be lots of vehicular mayhem in the theme. Bring on the news (and pics!) for this Polar Xxpress theme!

Thanks for the scoop, legomilk!

I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed for it being like Ice Planet. A space theme seems inevitable for 2013...

Thanks for the info, Legomilk. :classic:

I'm smelling some polar bears 'round the corner (and, knowing TLC's "talent" for logic and consistency of setting, perhaps some penguins* ^^)!

Although the name does put me off... Why is it "EXpress?" if it's apparently going to be some sort of research setting? Reminds me too much of that kid's movie that never scored high with me...

But if it's going to be some polar expedition stuff: Please throw in some lovecraftian creatures "Mountains of Madness"-style! Perfect opportunity Lego, do not let it go to waste!

Thanks legomilk for letting us peek into speculation realm all over again! ;-)

Be well!

Cutty

*Please do not spread rumours! That was only my neurons wildfiring some crazy associations around... and hey! It could lampshade the old-as-excrement "polar bears meeting penguins"-misconception!

Edited by Cutty

Hmm...is it something like Hoth on Star Wars?

P.S. I own the new Hoth Echo Base, so I am thinking whether should I invest my money in this... :sceptic:

Hmm..sounds interesting! I'd love to see a new Penguin mold!

Thanks for the info, legomilk!

I've read that you guys say he's confirmed stuff in the past? If so, which?

-Sci

According to my experience, time is about right for first information about 1H AND 2H sets for 2013

Regarding Polar Xpress: too bad its not new version of 10173. I was somehow expecting it this year.

Sounds good, :sweet: but I'm not getting my hopes up. Other than a "new" Polar Bear (recolored City one) I don't know what to expect, which isn't really a bad thing. :wink:

I do want Penguins though. :wub::moar:

"Xxpress" in the title, "EXpress" in the text – at least one of them must be a typo. :wink: And "Polar" could be north or south or both, so there still could be polar bears AND penguins – just not in the same set, preferably.

Well, it could be something interesting, but not useful for a (non-winter) city like mine...

Hopefully "Polar Express" is just a working title. It ought to be considering there is a famous Christmas-themed book (and animated film) by the same name, and Warner Bros. might not be too happy to share the name with a completely unrelated LEGO theme.

"Polar Expedition" would be a far better and more accurate name.

Really hope we'll get a new polar bear! Penguins would be awesome too!

there still could be polar bears AND penguins – just not in the same set, preferably.

There could be Arctic Puffins and Polar Bears in the same set, though ;)

Or maybe some Grolar Bears...

Edited by vynsane

Hello everyone.

My source I can not tell anyone but I can assure you that this new theme comes from.

I unfortunately do not know if there are animals in there.

I only got the name by.

As soon as I have more information I give it to you by.

You sound like a top-class secret agent legomilk. :)

Thanks for the info btw, can't wait to see some details.

I've read that you guys say he's confirmed stuff in the past? If so, which?

I'm curious about that too.