legomilk

Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

Such a bittersweet idea to think about. Had they not botched the movie series, maybe there really could have been a Lego theme based on it... :sad:

As much as I loved the books the heavy religious aspect almost guarantees that Lego wouldn't have done it. But, with not a lot of info about this theme, we can still hope for armored bears :laugh:

Edited by Combee

As much as I loved the books the heavy religious aspect almost guarantees that Lego wouldn't have done it. But, with not a lot of info about this theme, we can still hope for armored bears :laugh:

...and if there is, just imagine the MOCs. =)

I found a wind sail labeled Arctic from my childhood today while organizing my bricks.... I enjoyed it as a kid...now an AFOL, I dont think I would have much interest.... :sceptic:

Edited by LovinLegoSince97

Well this is unexpected, but awesome news! I would love to see some new ice themed sets! As for the actual subject matter of the theme, I could see it transpiring in three ways:

1. An early 1900s, late 1800s Polar expedition, in the likeness of PQ. I would love to see this, but I find it unlikely considering we already have the semi-steampunk styled Monster Fighters. They could fight Yetis or "ice-warriors" or ice-trolls or something. I would love to see a return of a team of adventurers versus a rival team, but we all know that won't happen. This would be my preference. It would have polar bears, and if we're lucky ducks, wolves. Maybe there'd be a big ice-breaker as the somewhat-literal flagship of the theme. A dog-sled. A tent basecamp. Maybe an igloo. Maybe a smaller boat. They could maybe be exploring hidden ruins in the ice, from which the Yetis or Ice-people emerge. Then we'd get some ice-ruin sets.

2. A modern or very-slightly futuristic aproach with modern basecamps and vehicles. Perhaps some really heavy ice crawler vehicle too. Sort of like the Power Miners meet the Arctic expedition folk. They would be looking for some mcguffins and fighting ice-trolls or aliens or something. This is what I think will be most likely happen, and while it'd contain polar bears and other fun things, I'd prefer it the least.

3. An Ice Planet style theme. I would love this, but I think it's most unlikely, as the title is Polar not Ice, or Frigid, or Ice-Planet Expedition. This would be definitely futuristic, and set on another planet. There would be enemy 'invading' aliens or something to fight off, as well as mcguffins to collect. Such a theme would also not have polar bears.

Just my thoughts. Needless to say I highly anticipate this theme.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

1: Would absolutely love a dog-sled and the new dog mold it would require.

2: Would be great, but it would need a dog to convince me.

3: Would be awesome. If they remake IP, I hope they make it kinda like this guy designed it, but with aliens: ip2002.jpg

PS: Here's the rest of his project.

Edited by DraikNova

3: Would be awesome. If they remake IP, I hope they make it kinda like this guy designed it, but with aliens: ip2002.jpg

I would buy four of each of those. :oh:

3: Would be awesome. If they remake IP, I hope they make it kinda like this guy designed it, but with aliens: >over sized image<

that is amazing!

I know, his work (disregarding the Bionicle, in which he managed to predict HF 2.0) is great.

I love that project. Makes me wish Lego would seriously think about those ideas.

I'm thinking it'll be like a bunch of scientists capturing artic foxes and polar bears and bringing them to their lab to study. The sets might include new hi-tech vehicles, planes, and a whole bunch of new minifigure gadgets and some armor and new guns and gadgets.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I hope this theme isn't anything like that concept art! It's way too outer space for my taste. You could argue that being in the arctic is a lot like being on another planet, but I'm hoping for a more realism-based theme with snowmobiles, snowcats, igloos and minifigures with these on their heads. It probably won't be since LEGO has to have conflict, flick-fire missiles and whatnot, but I hope it'll at least be something more earth-based and not so sci-fi.

I hope this theme isn't anything like that concept art! It's way too outer space for my taste. You could argue that being in the arctic is a lot like being on another planet, but I'm hoping for a more realism-based theme with snowmobiles, snowcats, igloos and minifigures with these on their heads. It probably won't be since LEGO has to have conflict, flick-fire missiles and whatnot, but I hope it'll at least be something more earth-based and not so sci-fi.

We'll have to disagree there, sir - as a massive Space fan, a spiritual Ice Planet 2002 reboot would be a dream come true. But to each his own!

We'll have to disagree there, sir - as a massive Space fan, a spiritual Ice Planet 2002 reboot would be a dream come true. But to each his own!

Don't get me wrong, I love space sets too, but if this is supposed to be an arctic theme set on planet Earth I don't think it should look just like a space theme.

This theme sounds very interesting. I was predicting TLG to release another ice-themed line soon, as they haven't for a while, obviously.

I would have to agree with you. I would love a new arctic theme, not space theme. And yes, I would love some more of those hoods in different colors. Ice planet was a great theme, don't get me wrong, but I would really like a more realistic theme this time. Also, we will never be able to escape the dreadful flick-fire missiles or cheesy play features, they're what the kids want. Anyways, I really do hope this new theme will not be so sci-fi, but more of an update of the arctic theme.

Hello everyone.

2013 get a new theme.

Lego Polar EXpress 2013

the theme is a research team

everything with snow and ice to do it.

More information I have not.

:laugh:

Don't hold your breath for snow and ice ...

It would be nice to have a new snow-and-ice baseplate though.

When was the last time we saw any themed baseplates?

I would have to agree with you. I would love a new arctic theme, not space theme. And yes, I would love some more of those hoods in different colors. Ice planet was a great theme, don't get me wrong, but I would really like a more realistic theme this time. Also, we will never be able to escape the dreadful flick-fire missiles or cheesy play features, they're what the kids want. Anyways, I really do hope this new theme will not be so sci-fi, but more of an update of the arctic theme.

Me too. . . It sounds like a really great possiblity, and a nice break from all the monster-like themes we've been seeing. . . :wink:

I think it could ahve some really nice stuff - and I would love some more ice and snow myself. . . :laugh:

Scorpion Pyramid?

Sounds right. Unless there are any in Dino :sceptic: