avisolo

LEGO Star Wars MicroChess

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I made a LEGO Star Wars micro chess set using the microfigures from the awesome new Battle of Hoth gameset:

7164078274_3bf63e7a50_c.jpg

7164078808_3e2451c502_c.jpg

7210791288_c9d9836129_c.jpg

The only catch is that there is no Princess Leia microfigure for the Rebel Queen:(

Edited by avisolo

C3PO could work well as a queen :grin:

However, this set does look amazing and much more likely an item that could be released within an affordable budget, great design!

Cool! Did you get all the figures from 1 Hoth game set?

Thanks - I used two sets (for doubling the unique microfigures from each set).

Nice MOC! If only Lego released a different games set, (Maybe Battle of Endor?) for more microfigs.

Please refrain from making duplicate topics.

Could you please delete that one? I had no option to modify the title or delete the topic (the original topic was more of a question whether anyone had done something like this MOC).

C3PO could work well as a queen :grin:

However, this set does look amazing and much more likely an item that could be released within an affordable budget, great design!

Thanks Fuppylodders! I hope TLG releases this as an affordable series with unique configurations for every Star Wars episode.

Nice MOC! If only Lego released a different games set, (Maybe Battle of Endor?) for more microfigs.

Thank you JackJonespaw! For now I've ended up with doubled Lukes and Vaders as the King and Queen for each side. More Star Wars microfigs to choose from would indeed be awesome.

Edited by avisolo

An imaginative use of the figs :thumbup:. I think TLG should make a micro chess set, maybe 7 (one from each film+TCW).

An imaginative use of the figs :thumbup:. I think TLG should make a micro chess set, maybe 7 (one from each film+TCW).

Thank you Mr Man! I totally agree :classic:

This is simple, but pretty neat. The thing I don't like about it is the duplicate characters. Some of them work since they're generic enough, such as General Veers, but others not so much. I would use the plain golden microfig from Lego Champion as C-3PO instead of the second Chewbacca, a microfig mummy as Dengar instead of the second Boba Fett, and most importantly, the hologram Darth Sidious as the king instead of the second Vader. Can't think of a good substitute for Leia, so we'll have to pretend that the second Luke is Wedge or something.

This is simple, but pretty neat. The thing I don't like about it is the duplicate characters. Some of them work since they're generic enough, such as General Veers, but others not so much. I would use the plain golden microfig from Lego Champion as C-3PO instead of the second Chewbacca, a microfig mummy as Dengar instead of the second Boba Fett, and most importantly, the hologram Darth Sidious as the king instead of the second Vader. Can't think of a good substitute for Leia, so we'll have to pretend that the second Luke is Wedge or something.

Thanks for your excellent suggestions Mister Quidditcher!

I was thinking of using the Hogwarts Hermione Granger Microfig as the imperial queen.

Leia is indeed a problem - The Lego Champion Female Microfigs would work in a Return of the Jedi themed chess set though.

Edited by avisolo

It's great :thumbup: The only improvement I think you should make is getting a different queen so it can be differenciated from the king.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

You could use a 1x1 round tile or similar to add to the Kings head (if it fits that is?). Could be chromed gold even. Then you could easily distinguish between King and Queen.

Fabulous idea though :classic: