Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

MOC: SNCB/NMBS Class 70 Shunter

This is the class 70 shunting locos used around Antwerp harbour many years ago. The 270005 engine is preserved in original livery. The moc is 9 studs wide and the silver smoke stack acts as the battery power switch. I would have liked to have used dark green bricks but there was a lack of necessary parts. More photos of the switching house and blue shunter can be seen on my flickr.

brickshelf4.jpg

brickshelf3.jpg

brickshelf2.jpg

brickshelf1.jpg

I agree dark green (link) would have been *sweet* - but looking at the original photo, I cant help but feel the nose is slightly too wide. Is there a reason you went for such a wide head - apart from having to hide the battery box? I wonder if SNOT work similar to the Maersk locomotive would help with that?

That does appear to be one mighty big shunter. I did think that it was way to big for mini-fig scale until I sawe the pictures of the real thing and then realised it was a lot bigger than the little engine I had imagined. Yes I agree dark green would have been better, but the parts can be hard to come by and expensive so I think you have done a pretty good job all in all at representing this engine.

Mean and green comes to mind Michael. While your shunter is most impressive, I really like your layout/scene with the little blue shunter in the background. Nice photos as well. :thumbup: