Sign in to follow this  
Pepa Quin

MOC: The Heber Valley Concerto

My latest creation was inspired by this

by The Piano Guys. The train appears at 2:50, but I highly recommend watching the whole video. The engine is an EMD MRS-1 currently owned and operated by the Heber Valley Railroad, a scenic train company in Utah.

I was inspired not so much by the train itself as the two guys playing their instruments on the flatbed. :)

7158298368_0a430e398a_n.jpg 7158298226_0363082ec5_n.jpg

7158298000_62fdcec298_t.jpg 7158297936_63f6990bd7_t.jpg 7158297876_4a02d58a5a_t.jpg 7158297736_610f597941_t.jpg 7158297642_6c0ebef920_t.jpg 7158297794_659817587b_t.jpg

Click on each image to see the larger picture, or visit the full set or my photostream to see everything.

This took me approximately one week to build. It will be at Brickworld 2012.

And before anyone mentions it - yes, I know American trains don't have those bumpers that are on the European-inspired magnet hook up pieces. No, I wasn't going to cut them off - painting was enough of a sin. ;)

-Matt

Great design - but more importantly - great video. Thanks for the heads up - and now time to be a founder. As to the MOC - im sure they could incorporate it into a future video - if only you let them know.

WONDERFUL engine and rolling stock (though the tanker is a little on the thin side :blush: ), still I :wub: this train. :grin:

Fantastic designing 'Pepa Quin', Brick On with The Piano Guys. :grin:

Ha, you definitely got Steven Sharp Nelson's face right. Beautiful creation there Pepa Quin, sins aside you've done a great job in such a small time frame.

Kinda reminds me of something...

Great MOC, your rendition of the MRS-1 looks awesome!

Oh and btw - dibs on building a Miracle Express! :grin:

WONDERFUL engine and rolling stock (though the tanker is a little on the thin side :blush: )

Yeah, I felt they were a little on the small side but I was really happy with the shape. At least you were nice enough not to point out how big my caboose is. ;)

Ha, you definitely got Steven Sharp Nelson's face right. Beautiful creation there Pepa Quin, sins aside you've done a great job in such a small time frame.

The face was also inspired by
, a fun, campy video done to an excellent version of 'Happy Together'.

Great design - but more importantly - great video. Thanks for the heads up - and now time to be a founder. As to the MOC - im sure they could incorporate it into a future video - if only you let them know.

They know about it, I believe (they posted it to their facebook page, at least) and if they ever contact me I would certainly be eager to help. I'm not one to proactively offer such a thing, though - I'm just happy they saw it and enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the comments, guys. On to my next moc!

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I figured it was better to post here then create a new thread. :)

This weekend I took some video of the train in action at my club's latest show.

Check out the video on YouTube!

Enjoy!

-Matt

Edited by Pepa Quin

It's a near-perfect model of that old EMD diesel-electric engine, and you are even managing to keep it 6-studs wide in line with original sets. :thumbup:

Perhaps Lego should make the Heber Valley Concerto Train Set a set of 2013 rather than ghost trains and the like. :wink:

Nix

Sorry to dig this old topic up again, but I recently visited Heber were I overheard some of the rail workers telling guests about the "music video we filmed, which somebody made a Lego train out off!" It seems the Heber Valley Railroad admires your work.