SuperSirLink

Rapscallion

[pid][/pid] 131B

Finished my frigate "Rapscallion". I thought the name was appropriate for a pirate ship sailing under English colors. Came in at over 5800 parts for the ship and 4000 parts for the water and base. Flags, sails, and shrouds are custom made, the rest of the string is Lego string. I know there are some historical inaccuracies, but I think I captured the sprit of what I was trying to build. Here is the ship I used as my reference (English frigate UNICORN of 1665). Inspiration for the water came from Siercon and Coral and I have to give thanks to Foremast Jack for his help with the round gun ports, as well as all the others here who have offered great input!

Edit: I added high res pics on my brickshelf page

img_3980.jpg

img_3986.jpg

img_3729.jpg

img_3921.jpg

img_3756.jpg

img_3934.jpg

img_3749.jpg

img_3855.jpg

img_3899.jpg

img_3987.png

img_3860.jpg

img_3864.jpg

img_3950.jpg

img_3806.jpg

img_3960.jpg

img_3967.jpg

img_3959.jpg

img_3974.jpg

img_3971.jpg

img_0892.jpg

img_3946.jpg

img_3743.jpg

Very nice- you obviously worked very hard on her, and it shows. Just one question... How much will you sell her for? :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic job on the sails! I think those are the best custom ones I've seen :pir-oh: It's not historic but it sure captures the essence of a frigate. The rigging turned out great as well. Great job again and great presentation as well with the water and the photos.

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Was just thinking "Wow, that is one cool ship" when I got to the pics of the interior. That is one AMAZING ship--a job well done. Especially like the method of attaching the rigging--looks good. This is one beautiful Rapscallion :jollyroger:

Amazing job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: , the sails are superb, as is the water and the ship and the rigging... :pir-wink:

=Legonardo=

An absolutely beautiful ship. One of the most impressive I've seen of recent times. The attention to detail is outstanding. My knowledge of sailing ships in this period is to limited to comment on historical inaccuracies but I'd say it doesn't really matter. You were certainly successful in what you were trying to achieve.

She has become a beauty. Fantastic work here! :pir-wub:

Those sails are gorgeous! As well for the rest of the rigging. Very nic work all round!

The hull is incredible and it looks very smooth. I also really like the detailed stern and interior.

Perhaps she will do better with just one lantern, but that's just personal taste.

Job very well done, and expect it on the EB frontpage soon! :thumbup:

Very nice, you did a great job on those sails, I could never do it so well :pir_bawling:

The water base is a nice add too, great for displaying. My favourite part would still be the decks :pir-classic:

This turned out much better than I thought it was. Though I'm not found of red ships, this suits it! :thumbup: My question to you is: how much did this fine beauty cost?! :pir-wub::pir-look:

Good job Sir Link! :shark:

Wow thanks for all the complements everyone! It was a fun project, but have to say I am happy to be done with it. :pir_laugh2: I have to give thanks to my wife for her help with the sails, that's her excellent sowing machine work. I did the flags by hand...

As for the cost I am afraid to add it all up! :pir-blush: I lost track after around $700 in... and we have countless hours in the sails and flags... The rigging wasn't too bad, the spool was $5 from the local craft store...

Thanks again everyone for the support!

That would be a great honor, thank you! :pir-oh:

It is already there! Oustanding work!

Wow thanks for all the complements everyone! It was a fun project, but have to say I am happy to be done with it. :pir_laugh2: I have to give thanks to my wife for her help with the sails, that's her excellent sowing machine work. I did the flags by hand...

As for the cost I am afraid to add it all up! :pir-blush: I lost track after around $700 in... and we have countless hours in the sails and flags... The rigging wasn't too bad, the spool was $5 from the local craft store...

Thanks again everyone for the support!

Somebody's loaded and not afraid to brag! (Just kidding) (maybe) :pir-devil::pir-tongue:

Somebody's loaded and not afraid to brag! (Just kidding) (maybe) :pir-devil::pir-tongue:

Nope, just trying to be helpful. :pir_laugh2: That stiching wasnt possible to do on the machine unless you have a special machine. And the cost is managable when spread out over 7 months :pir-sweet:

Edited by SuperSirLink

that is 1 nice ship! the details on the exterior of the bridge (is that the right term for these old ships?) is really well made!

looks well-protected too with the amount of cannons on board!

Amazing ship. I really like the smaller cannons as they seem more to scale and I especially like the captains cabin and the stern. I mean that window gallery is just plain gorgeous. :pir-classic:

Gongrats!!!

Your ship is extraordinary. I love all of the details, the decreased canons, the table and all the other interior.

Specially your sails are awesome. I love them!!!!!!! :pir-wub:

What a beauty! :pir-wub: Do you need a captain for her? Because I happen to have a captain who needs a day off of his sloop. (Just kidding)

What an amazing, amazing build!!!!

I think this is the best LEGO ship I've ever seen. I can't say much more - I am speechless

Really Amazing ship you've build, SuperSirLink.

I like the colour combination, and the sails look also really good. :pir-sweet:

One question: where is the crew?

the Inventor

Whoa! The sails are superb. just as I scrolled down, it kept getting better. The detail is purely astounding and you should be very proud! Well done!

Thanks for all the praises everyone! :pir-grin:

Really Amazing ship you've build, SuperSirLink.

I like the colour combination, and the sails look also really good. :pir-sweet:

One question: where is the crew?

the Inventor

I decided not to clutter the deck and leave them off.

This truly is a fantastic ship and well worthy of being front-paged.

How did you do the underside?