DLuders

ISOGAWAYoshihito's "Fleet-Footed Insect"

ISOGAWAYoshihito posted this

of his Lego Technic "Fleet-Footed Insect" -- see more on his website. You may be able to "reverse-engineer" it (from the single picture), and make one to scare somebody! :devil:

41650_1454379427_7568_n.jpg1fa56f.jpg Edited by DLuders

Hi

THAT is funny!

I would love to have my own, but unfortunately i am not as good as you to get out the idea out of a single iamge.

Dino

@KEvron

Thanks, I don't use it so I had no idea how it's spelled

i always make certain to add the (sp?) at the end. a dreadful neologism like that one deserves it.

KEvron

Hi

thank you very much! That was what i am looking for but too afraid for asking for it!

Dino

Thanks, fourlord! :classic: From your Lego Digital Designer .lxf file above, I created a PDF Parts List (using LDD Manager). It can be downloaded here via SkyDrive. ISOGAWAYoshihito's "Fleet-Footed Insect" requires 154 pieces.

Edited by DLuders

@ fourlord: Using real bricks and your LDD Building Instructions file, I made ISOGAWA Yoshihito's Lego Technic Fleet-Footed Insect just now. It functions just like the original. :classic: I tweaked the Parts List (by adding the Power Functions Battery Box), and replaced the PDF download link above. You did a good job of "reverse engineering"!

@ fourlord: Using real bricks and your LDD Building Instructions file, I made ISOGAWA Yoshihito's Lego Technic Fleet-Footed Insect just now. It functions just like the original. :classic: I tweaked the Parts List (by adding the Power Functions Battery Box), and replaced the PDF download link above. You did a good job of "reverse engineering"!

What color did you build it? A black version would look pretty creepy.

tim

A black version would look pretty creepy

Here is my just finished "B066 - Black Edition". A little red seems to be cooler than just black. :classic:

7409085846_14fefe5e4b_m.jpg

Picture at Flickr

Thanks to Yoshihito for sending me the link to this thread :blush: and of course for his creation. :thumbup:

Thanks to fourlord for the 3d version - and the easy created instruction.

Kai

Edited by gerkenz

Here is my just finished "B066 - Black Edition". A little red seems to be cooler than just black. :classic:

7409085846_14fefe5e4b_m.jpg

Picture at Flickr

Thanks to Yoshihito for sending me the link to this thread :blush: and of course for his creation. :thumbup:

Thanks to fourlord for the 3d version - and the easy created instruction.

Kai

Very nice, I might try to make a blue one

Fourlord's Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf file of Isogawa Yoshihito's Fleet-Footed Insect is available for download via SkyDrive here. :classic: I created a PDF Parts List (using LDD Manager). It can be downloaded here via SkyDrive. ISOGAWAYoshihito's "Fleet-Footed Insect" requires 154 pieces. Here is a LDD2Povray render:

8406059623_a8fe432922_c.jpg

This is pretty awesome, haven't seen it before! :classic:

hi guys,

the files on rapidshare are no longer aailable, any chance to get it from one of you??

Thanks

I managed to build one in less than an hour just now, by looking at the photo and the video! It was actually pretty easy, and I'm sure you'll figure it out with a little trial and error! :blush: Mine is obviously not identical underneath, but it works like a charm! :grin:

I suppose the most important thing is to get the geometry of the legs correct, as well as bracing the gearbox. :wink:

EDIT:

Here is a picture to better show you the underside (my version)

dsc_0031.jpg

Edited by D3K

Here is the underside of the Fleet-Footed Insect according to fourlord's LDD .lxf Building Instruction file. Perhaps each person interprets the underside differently, but it is not important as long as the insect crawls the same way! I added the rubber 1x2 liftarms on the outermost legs to get it to walk on smooth surfaces better.

8407257710_6cca4f9e9f_c.jpg