martyboy70

Free Lego in The Sun is coming back.

Result!!!! I was a little worried I may not get the Batman polybag, now my son and I will get one each!!! The other eight are ok but that Batman one might just be my most wanted polybag set ever!

They've done the fire chief one before! :sceptic:

Average selection really, some good, some meh!

Will still be getting them though, even if it does mean buying The S*um again!

You lucky sons of guns! I might have to move to the UK just for these promos... :tongue:

Very surprised they aren't putting Batman in the New Sun on Sunday but then again no idea if that or the Sat sun is more expensive?

Overall as good a selection as you could hope for, some are average but the Ninjago and Superheroes ones help push the promotion.

Hopefully a second promotion in the year with the Avengers polys and maybe some Monster Fighters

I'm only really interested in the Batman ones! Can somone confirm please, I've never taken advantage of one of these promotions before. Is it a case of buying two copies of the Sun from WHSmith if I want two Batman figures? I hope the UK ones are the new mask design!

Edited by domdubya

Its as simple as that! Each paper has a voucher, tear that voucher out and hand it to the cahier and voila! Batman is yours! I'd suggest going early however as they tend to run out quickly in some places :wink:

Its as simple as that! Each paper has a voucher, tear that voucher out and hand it to the cahier and voila! Batman is yours! I'd suggest going early however as they tend to run out quickly in some places :wink:

Thank you for the tip, we'll give it a go! :classic:

Anyone outside the UK want them? Email sunpromo@matthewbutlerfol.co.uk

Would I be able to pay via PayPal?

If so I'll email you with the sets I'd like :classic:

Not a big fan of the sun promotions. Sure it's cheaper but it's much more difficult to get hold of. I have to get up early and que outside Whsmiths. Then grab 3 or 4 papers. I don't read the paper so most of the time they just get thrown out. It would be easier if Lego just sold us the polybags like they do else where.

Popped down my local WHSmiths to get five this morning, the cashier didnt bother removing the vouchers from the paper so I shot round the corner to the next one and got five more! Bargain :sweet:

There was a queue of around forty people outside our Smiths this morning waiting for it to open, all wanting the Lego sets.

We were limited to three sets per customer.

Pretty sure this first Batman set is going to sell out FAST.

i've got ten batman jetskis today, but I wont be in town tomorrow, if anyone want to trade batmobiles for jetskis?

I also have a good amount of Bat-mEn :)

I'd be willing to swap them for other superheroes.

Guys if you have issues with The Sun then fine-I'm not holding them up as some paragon of virtue.

The bottom line is its at least 3 quids worth of Lego for (today/tomorrow) 50p (weekdays) 30p.

If you dont like it fine-more fool you.

For those of us who saw the level of joy on their little boys face as he got his Batman-well done.

For these 2 clowns do not contaminate my thread!

Edited by martyboy70

And let us not forget, whilst free Lego for my son and I is awesome, between monday and friday we get page 3 to cheer up our day! :devil::laugh:

I just got back from my nearest shop and it was chaos. There was about 40 people all lined up at the newspaper section and anyone who got more than 3 papers got the most evil stare and a couple of shouts. Some people were going round the back of the shop to cut the line and grab a few papers. Those people were getting a torrent of abuse from a large lady who ended the rant with " with it's only LEGO for god's sake". When the shelves ran out of copies the same lady shouted "do you have any more suns" which they obviously did they. The guy behind the counter said " ye don't worry we have tonnes more". The lady the replied after insulting everyone on else and shout at those who had more than 3 papers "good I will take 6" and tried to jump the que. Still I got six jet skis yesterday and seven today. Thank god I'm not bothered about tomorrow's set.

Can any decent paper not run these promotions? I miss the Mirror promotions, you had to send off for the Lego, but at least you could read the paper.

If you dont like it fine-more fool you.

For those of us who saw the level of joy on their little boys face as he got his Batman-well done.

For these 2 clowns do not contaminate my thread!

Apologies for being a clown with a certain set of morals! I see no problem with what I said, obviously some people who may not have been aware now are.

Enjoy the Lego, hopefully I can pick some up in near future - as previously said maybe a decent paper will run a promo one day....