martyboy70

Free Lego in The Sun is coming back.

The queue outside today was around 150 people.

Wow.

150? where do you live? the queue outside my local Smyths was about 15!

Edited by The Joker1

There is only one shop in the whole of Guernsey (WHS SMITH) that gets the lego. It's crazy people are not buying more than two copies at a time. I'm made up to get the lego batman for 50p! do people think thie will affect the bricklink price?

There are loads here as not so many peeps seem that fussed it's crazy!

150? where do you live? the queue outside my local Smyths was about 15!

Llanelli, South Wales.

Most of the queue seemed to be made up of grandparents getting sets for their grandkids.

I doubt very much it'll be that mental over the next few days, I'm guessing it was so busy because not many people were at work and Smiths didn't open until 11am.

Although I'm glad I don't have to get any more sets, I only wanted the Batman ones.

wow I was very lucky today. I missed the promotion yesterday because I was out of town, but when I checked the Whsmith today they had extra batmobiles left from yesterday! and they gave one free, without buying a paper!(I also got two shirtless darth mauls today, this is my lucky day!)

No queues here, I can get as many as I want on the way home from the night shift. It's available in Smyths, Tesco or Easons and we+ve all three. The tradeoff is, it's damned expensive, the Sun costs €1 every day thanks to stamp duty.

I managed to get hold of 11 of the Star Destroyer (30056) today, as there weren't any restictions. The WHSmiths I went to had boxes of them; I got there early and there were only 10-15 people waiting. I really don't understand the negative comments about the promo; 30p for 40+ parts and you get free paper to use in your composting bin!

I need to keep 3, but if anyone wants to trade the others (8 available!!) please PM me with your offers! I'm happy to post abroad.

Cheers, Robin :classic:

Hi all,

I'll be travelling from the UK to Germany (Kiel and Karlsruhe) and Switzerland (Zürich) in early June. If anybody there is interested in trading for the recent polybags from The Sun, please PM me. I also have polybags of older UK promotions. All sets are MISB. I'm leaving on Friday 1 June in the morning, so any trade needs to be agreed on by Thursday evening.

Got a reply back from The Sun:

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your email regarding our Lego Promotion.

If you are unable to redeem your token because you do not have a local participating store please send it to us including your name and address and please state that you do not have a local store.

The address to send the token to is:

The Sun Lego Promotion

OCS Worldwide

Global House

Poyle Road

Colnbrook

Berkshire

SL3 0AY

Please write on the outside of the envelope which day's offer you are requesting, ie the day of the voucher that you have enclosed.

Please allow 28 days for delivery, toys are subject to availability and applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.

Thanks again and kind regards.

The Sun Customer Services Team

Kind regards

Tom Clair

Online Customer Services

So any spare vouchers lying about can be redeemed.