Pencil_42

Mad Maxine's modified pursuit special

indexed.gif V-LV-23F

Inspired by 5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit. I always thought that hovercar would look good with wheels. One thing led to another, and here we are with yet another black interceptor :)

6999107236_844741cb0c_z.jpg

7145193611_aa41fab24c_n.jpg

6999107278_270e9e94fd_z.jpg

Credit to ER0L for the cat instead of a dog :)

Edited by Pencil_42

Two Interceptors in one day! Mad Max must be playing somewhere. Good job on the build and converting it for Maxine, though she, nor her kitty, look very mad default_tong.gifdefault_classic.gif

I like it!

I know it's meant as a Mad Max interceptor, but I can't help seeing the lines of a Knight Industries 2000 in there. All it needs is a red blinky light and a big black tractor trailor to park in.

Hmmm? I wonder how many black bricks I have?

Oh, well to hell with canon, it's Max's little girl saying what's good enough for her daddy is good enough for her ! :laugh:

AWESOME creation 'Pencil_42'....you don't mess with this girl ! :laugh:

Brick On with the NEW road warrior ! :laugh:

It looks like a chibi version of the original, nice work. :sweet: Maybe you could mod the fig a little, she doesn't look very 'mad maxine'...

Edited by -zenn

Thank you, everyone!

Yes, there's a decided shortage of Friends torsos at the moment. Maybe 2013 will have a biker set or two ;-)

Knight Rider would be cool - I'm looking forward to it!

Curtis

Really cool Pursuit Special, Pencil_42! It has a rather cartoonic style, but it looks just like it, instantly recognizable. And it has opening doors :wink: Great job!

Concerning the typical Maxine outfit I suggest some black acrylic color to customize the doll.

Hopefully Maxine and Max will meet on the highway. And hopefully they won't be like cat and dog!

I like it!

I know it's meant as a Mad Max interceptor, but I can't help seeing the lines of a Knight Industries 2000 in there. All it needs is a red blinky light and a big black tractor trailor to park in.

Hmmm? I wonder how many black bricks I have?

Yeah, my thoughts as well! It does resemble K.I.T.T a bit!

And it has opening doors :wink:

Unfortunately, the doors left no room for the exhaust. Tradeoffs, right?

Concerning the typical Maxine outfit I suggest some black acrylic color to customize the doll.

I haven't tried any minifig customization yet, but it may be time. How does acrylic paint bond to the LEGO plastic? My experience (although not recent) has been that acrylic paints have a tendency to flake off after a while, and these are likely to have at least moderate use by small kids.

Hopefully Maxine and Max will meet on the highway. And hopefully they won't be like cat and dog!

Agreed! Although some cats and dogs get along fine together!

It does resemble K.I.T.T a bit!

With Michelle Knight? :wink:

I haven't tried any minifig customization yet, but it may be time. How does acrylic paint bond to the LEGO plastic? My experience (although not recent) has been that acrylic paints have a tendency to flake off after a while, and these are likely to have at least moderate use by small kids.

I have tried it once (see Friends Highway Patrol) but didn't use varnish like the pros do because there are not kids to play with it. But with a normal use the paint does not flake off so far ...

If the kids won't allow cool convertible to be taken apart -- they probably won't want Emma to be painted black :laugh:

-----------------------

Pencil_42:

Another great vehicle. Friends seems to have inspired a lot of vehicles :sweet:

If the kids won't allow cool convertible to be taken apart -- they probably won't want Emma to be painted black :laugh:

Hehe - probably not. But, they seem to prefer the models with the skirts (and we're starting to accumulate a fair number of Friends now), so I might be able to get one. Of course, that might also open the door to the kids wanting to paint their own... :laugh: