Sign in to follow this  
Calanon

Has there been a prune?

Has there been a prune of topics? I tried to find some of my old posts (namely an old topic I made 'cause I wanted to look at something on it) and it's no longer there.

Has there been a prune of topics? I tried to find some of my old posts (namely an old topic I made 'cause I wanted to look at something on it) and it's no longer there.

No, there hasn't. There are topics that go back to the first day of the forum.

What were you specifically looking for and how did you attempt to find it?

No, there hasn't. There are topics that go back to the first day of the forum.

What were you specifically looking for and how did you attempt to find it?

There was a topic I made on the Star Wars section about two years ago, I looked on the search function for topics I made, and also for posts I did. The posts I made only go back to last year's EB event for some reason.

Hello!

I noticed the same thing today. I was searching for all my topics (an option in the profile). It said there were 59 topic by me. Although there should be around 140. very strange this is. :sceptic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I noticed the same thing today. I was searching for all my topics (an option in the profile). It said there were 59 topic by me. Although there should be around 140.

The results you get when searching from a profile seem to be limited somehow (they only go back a year or so). The topics are all still there though, because they show up when using the advanced search form.

Try to search us with Google (type in eurobricks.com and some keywords). I always search on EB with Google as I never found the built-in search option from Invision very good. Recently Invision did some tuning of the our board - because we had some database outages because of heavy load cause by the search function - with people with many posts doing complex searches on their posts. One of the 'tunings' they did was to cut search results older than 1 year. That's the drawback of having a database it >1 million posts.

All topics are still here, nothing is deleted or removed!

Try to search us with Google (type in eurobricks.com and some keywords). I always search on EB with Google as I never found the built-in search option from Invision very good.

All topics are still here, nothing is deleted or removed!

Not particularly useful when I can't remember the name of the topic though!

I did manage to find the topic again I wanted with a lot of searching, but the topics and posts were limited a few weeks ago.

I did manage to find the topic again I wanted with a lot of searching, but the topics and posts were limited a few weeks ago.

As I said earlier, the problem seems to be that when you click "Find my topics" from your profile the results are limited (to about a year back). Admins, could this be a setting that has been adjusted? I don't remember this being an issue before

However, finding your own topics isn't difficult at all. When you click Advanced search in the top-right corner, check "Search titles only" and put your name in the "Author" textbox, all your topics show up.

As I said earlier, the problem seems to be that when you click "Find my topics" from your profile the results are limited (to about a year back). Admins, could this be a setting that has been adjusted? I don't remember this being an issue before

<snip>Recently Invision did some tuning of the our board - because we had some database outages because of heavy load cause by the search function - with people with many posts doing complex searches on their posts. One of the 'tunings' they did was to cut search results older than 1 year. That's the drawback of having a database it >1 million posts.<snip>

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to use the search function then.