Sign in to follow this  
vean

Food trucks project

indexed.gif V-LC-11A & V-LC-11B

Here is my last project.

I wish to develop a series of vehicles for street sale to complete my city.I've tried for a long time to add an ice cream truck...But the result was always too gross, not rather "clean and simple".

This model is based on the ambulance 4431. I strengthened the base of the vehicle and I modified the sides. I slightly increased the opening size of the roof to facilitate the access inside the vehicle. The addition of glass doors allows to relieve the set.As I said, my aim was to obtain a "clean" model.

For fun, I added a big ice scream cone. After testing, the result is perfectly practicable. It allows to open easily the roof. This is not the same for the giant hot dog, I will find a solution...

lddscreenshot2.jpg

lddscreenshot4.jpg

lddscreenshot5.jpg

lddscreenshot1.jpg

Do not hesitate to give your comments to improve it!

I have now to get the bricks of the right colors to build a more beautiful model than my multicolored proto. I think that the flavor of the huge ice cream must be modified for that...It will be vanilla rather than raspberry!

In the meantime, you can support me on Cuusoo!

Cuusoo link

Vean

Edited by Phred

Love the look of that wiener mobile! My only suggestion is to add some appropiate stickers. Other than that nice job. :thumbup:

Neat mods to the Ambulance. That truck definitely is the right size for a food van. I have to agree the pig-in-a-blanket looks great default_classic.gif

Yes. This van has a perfect size.

When I see the last ambulance which is included in the new hospital set... :sad:

The trucks look great, especially the hot dog one. The only thing that looks a bit out of place (to me at least) is the icecream cone. I think it's too large to be sticking out like that (imagine driving under a low bridge with one), maybe you should put it on the roof in an angled position? Despite this suggestion, it's definitely ''a great vehicle''.

The trucks look great, especially the hot dog one. The only thing that looks a bit out of place (to me at least) is the icecream cone. I think it's too large to be sticking out like that (imagine driving under a low bridge with one), maybe you should put it on the roof in an angled position? Despite this suggestion, it's definitely ''a great vehicle''.

I'll try to tilt this cone not decreasing the solidity of the set. In the meantime, it will be necessary to avoid passing under a bridge! :tongue:

I have to test that, but I'm not sure! :sceptic:

It works (even better)! As a consequence, I've changed my original pics!Thank you! :thumbup:

Edited by vean

Neat trucks, I like both the variants. Looking forward to seeing them built in real life.....

These are both great. I love the overall design and color combination of both. :classic:

I've used existing design of trucks. Yellow one is for roasted chickens and the other was an existing ice cream truck (But the giant cone has been added).

When I was a child, I've spent long time waiting for this truck! :laugh:

Nice trucks. I like how you put giant models of food on top of them! I do like the ice cream cone, but my favourite part has to be the giant hot dog.

Wonderful street vendor trucks, but your right, the pig in a blanket doesnt look optimal. Maybe you could change it into a corndog. I believe the parts are available in LDD.

Wonderful street vendor trucks, but your right, the pig in a blanket doesnt look optimal. Maybe you could change it into a corndog. I believe the parts are available in LDD.

pig_in_blanket.png

If one of you could test it? I do not have all of the parts for this...

I have always wanted and ice cream truck for my City I like both your ideas, I look forward to seeing the real thing soon.

Nice trucks!

Now I want one... I guess that I just have to vote on Cuusoo then :laugh:

Good idea to use a glass door turned by 90°

Glad to help! Looks perfect now (I may have to 'steal' the design :blush: ). Most definitely having an ice-cream truck in your town, makes the town very popular. :sweet:

I'll try to tilt this cone not decreasing the solidity of the set. In the meantime, it will be necessary to avoid passing under a bridge! :tongue:

I have to test that, but I'm not sure! :sceptic:

It works (even better)! As a consequence, I've changed my original pics!Thank you! :thumbup:

It may look a little angular, but this is what I meant.

I hope this helps.

I tested it. It's too big on the roof...

Edited by vean

After making some tests, here is the result:

ice_cream_trucks_2.0.png

pig_food_trucks_2.0.png

food_trucks_2.0.png

I'll try to make a candy car!

Vean

These looks great! I love the giant hot dog on the van. I can see both of these driving down a street. Nice job!

These are really cool! My favorite so far is the pink ice cream truck. Any plans to add, say, a taco truck to your fleet?

How are you securing those sideways doors? Are those headlight bricks toward the back end of the trucks? If so, is that the only connection point?

These look really good, and even though I swore off Cuusoo after the Winchester debacle, I think I'm going to go out and vote for these.