Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Steampunk Mafia: Day Three

Players only please!

001.jpg

Ruben Castleton's disguise fades away and he is revealed to be none other than Barag, a Kensmy Clan Assassin.

002.jpg

"I'll be back!" Barag cries as the silver plank drops him off into the clouds, "This God will resurrect me!"

"He better not," answers Shanalon Dairne, "I'll megablocking kill him!"

Everyone cheers as Barag drops out of sight.

003.jpg

Late in the night, Lord Hildebrand Weaselton finds Lady Eleanor Quin Fry producing a clown from her magic wand.

"What on Earth is this nonsense?" Lord Weaselton asks, "Is this another joke?"

"One of the passengers can't masturbate without a clown," Lady Eleanor explains, "if you really must know..."

"You certainly do care about everyone's well being," Lord Weaselton scoffs.

"You've certainly chosen a life of treachery and evil-doing," Lady Eleanor counters, "I'm perfectly happy with my choice to care."

004.jpg

Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh runs down the stairs with Silas Gil Large the jester in close pursuit. They are both giggling and panting.

Honk! Honk!

"She has more than one nightgown?" Lord Hildebrand Weaselton snorts, "Seriously, what is this about? I get it. They're lovers, right? If you kill one the other one dies. Is that it? Or is it just a damn joke?"

"Oh, Hildebrand," Lady Eleanor sighs, "It's not too late to turn things around and join the noble cause and save the remaining members of the Royal Family."

"Oh my heart grew three sizes this day," Lord Weaselton laughs, "Did you really think that would work?"

005.jpg

Throughout the night there are short periods of activity on deck.

Prince Nathaniel Kienan Colsh has a nightmare...about clowns...and goes looking for his mother.

006.jpg

Officer Dumble sneaks out to swipe a jar of applesauce from the ship's ample food store.

007.jpg

Queen Vivian and Silas Large wait for the results of a pregnancy test.

008.jpg

And close to the morning, Eregor slinks out of the shadows and stalks his intended target.

009.jpg

In the morning everyone is shocked to find Darberis Gibbon (Dragonator) dead on the deck. She was stabbed to death during the night.

"I'm sorry to say we lost a loyal member last night," Lady Eleanor Quin Fry announces to the shocked (and some secretly delighted) passengers of the HMS Brutal.

010.jpg

Lady Eleanor reveals Darberis's true identity to be Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh.

"My Mom!" Someone cries.

"My Wife!" Another person cries.

"The mother of my un-born clown child!" Yet another person shrieks.

"Ha ha, megablocks!" A gravelly, sand green voice says.

Everybody looks around, but nobody can identify who said what.

011.jpg

In a flash of magic, Lady Eleanor and the deceased Queen disappear, leaving the passengers of the HMS Brutal to discuss what to do next.

Day Three has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

Alter Egos

bess_bulton.jpg

Bess Bulton,

assumed by Bob

charles_pleasance.jpg

Charles Pleasance,

assumed by CallMePieOrDie

clemence_blanchfield.jpg

Clemence Blanchfield,

assumed by Cecilie

cuthber_neal_memlow.jpg

Cuthber Neal Memlow,

assumed by Cornelius Murdock

fairon_garzi.jpg

Fairon Garzi,

assumed by Fugazi

jane_phoebe_barnell.jpg

Jane Phoebe Barnell,

assumed by JimButcher

meahon_doughal.jpg

Meahon Doughal,

assumed by MetroiD

polly_altamont.jpg

Polly Altamont,

assumed by Pandora

shanalon_dairne.jpg

Shanalon Dairne,

assumed by Shadows

zerard_wolfe.jpg

Zerard Wolfe,

assumed by Zepher

The Deceased

ruben_castleton.jpgae_barag.jpg

Ruben Castleton, / Barag

assumed by Rick, convicted on Day Two.

darberis_gibbon.jpgae_queen_vivian_coulahan_colsh.jpg

Darberis Gibbon, / Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh

assumed by Dragonator, murdered on Night Two. 1/3

Role PM format:

Character: image

Name

Alter Ego: image

Name

Affiliation: Royal Court or Kensmy Assassins

Night Action: Everyone has one and they're named inconsistently. Some are movie titles, some are random combos of letters and numbers. Some are named wrong, like a vigilante who's action is actually tracker, etc. So, let the odd role-claiming begin. This is all being laid out so that nobody can attempt to use the structure of the role PM or game to their advantage. All the Town PMs contain the text "but don’t let anyone know because they’re looking for the King and the royal family. If they kill them, they win. Are you a good decoy?"

You win when all the Kensmy Clan Assassins are killed.

or

You win when your team kills the three members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Royal Court or the Kensmy Assassins. To win the game, the Royal Court must kill off all the Kensmy Assassins, while the Kensmy Assassins need only to kill the members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. (Due to the concept role-claiming should be done with great caution. Another reason the roles have all been laid out is because verification by role-claiming is incredibly hard and extremely risky for the Town.)
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  9. You may not edit your posts.
  10. You must post in every day thread.
  11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Shanalon and her red toupé were right, after all! No daytime kill, but we did get one of the Assassins! On my part, I must say I'm sorry for finding Shan's results hard to fully trust. The whole concept of the way investigations were presented to her seemed very messed up, but it seems that it's actually my head that was more messed up in this instance.

I wish I could have been more useful to the Royal Family last night though... Her majesty's sad death is a very high price to pay for weeding out a scumster. :sadnew:

*sigh*

Why does it always seem like any success is ruined by something? As happy as I am about our success yesterday, we've lost our dear Queen. And her pie. :cry_sad:

On top of that, last night's result has only helped me identify a member of the Royal party, so while it helps me know one person I can trust, I can't even reveal it or it would help the scum narrow down their next target. There you go, dead scum assassin, there's yet another negative side to balance out this role. Whatever that means. Oh, and burn in hell. :tongue:

So... now what? :sceptic:

Woah, mixed feelings all around :sceptic:. At least now we know we can trust Shanalon's investigation results :sweet:. The fact that the scum's first kill came on night 2, and was a direct hit to the Royal Family makes me wonder if they got lucky with some investigative action on night 1. Maybe they have to choose between investigating and killing after all :look:. Just a thought...

So on the plus side, we got a scum and now we have confirmation that there's someone we can trust (as long as there aren't any conversions).

Downside, we lost the Queen. They really seemed to know who they were going after. I wonder if the investigation theory is correct after all. Still I would have thought it wouldn't be mutualy exclusive with a kill.

Also, I don't seem to be wearing any pants. I wonder where they went...

The fact that the scum's first kill came on night 2, and was a direct hit to the Royal Family makes me wonder if they got lucky with some investigative action on night 1. Maybe they have to choose between investigating and killing after all :look:. Just a thought...

That's my theory and the facts certainly fit it, though it's impossible to be sure. I think it's also likely that they have a limited total number of kills and can't afford to risk wasting them.

Still I would have thought it wouldn't be mutualy exclusive with a kill.

If they could kill daily and randomly, especially if we were blindly killing as well, it wouldn't take long to lose this whole thing. I think the theory of one or the other action per night makes a lot of sense.

The fact that the scum's first kill came on night 2, and was a direct hit to the Royal Family makes me wonder if they got lucky with some investigative action on night 1. Maybe they have to choose between investigating and killing after all :look:. Just a thought...

That's my theory and the facts certainly fit it, though it's impossible to be sure. I think it's also likely that they have a limited total number of kills and can't afford to risk wasting them.

I think the scum have only three kills. One for the King, one for the Queen, and one for the Prince. They've used the one on the Queen, which is why I think they got lucky on Night One with a good investigation. I'm hoping that Ruben/Barag was the scum investigator, however it's likely the roles simply dispersed between the two of them.

Also, I don't seem to be wearing any pants. I wonder where they went...

Here, try my pants. I'm much more attractive than you anyway.

Damn it. At least we got one of those green bastards, and at least it was the one with no fashion sense... :hmpf_bad:

Well, Shanalon's result isn't going to help us much today. So...I don't know, maybe we all speak up to see which one of us has a gravelly, sand green voice? :sceptic: I think the alternating nights of investigation and killing are accurate, but also as mentioned, we can't know for sure. I honestly doubt they would only have 3 kills, though, the rules say nothing about winning by default when they run out of kills. I think only being able to kill every other night makes sense as limitation enough, but it's not much more than an assumption.

Ewwwwww I was sleeping with an ogre!? Yuck! Well at least we got rid of him, and unfortunately we also lost thew queen... :sceptic:

If there is no solid information to go around like we had yesterday, I suppose we could start by naming our suspects. I am still weary of Meahon, though there are a few others who seem to be hiding in the shadows. Zerard and Polly come to mind, though that is just a gut feeling due to their quietness.

There are next to no leads. No one seemed hesitant to vote for Ruben yesterday, but the case was so cut and dry, I can't imagine that the assassins would be dumb enough to fight it, if you know what I'm saying. :wink:

This is good though. We've lost a member of the royal family, yes, but that leaves us even with the assassins. Shanalon has been proven totally trustworthy at this point. With only 3 assassins, killing off one of their own would be ludicrous. She has also found another member of the royal court.

So, no new news from Shanalon, and no voting pattern from yesterday... what should we do? Anyone got any gut feelings?

For the assassins to strike with such precision and accuracy troubles me deeply. As people have said, is there some sort of investigative action on the scum's part to identify their target? But how did they know who to investigate, or was it pure luck? Surely it's too early for there have been loose talk amongst us? Darberis never struck me as someone who would blab her true identity to anyone, especially not given that she was the Queen.

We have to be so careful now, we only have our King and Prince left and we have to protect them at all costs.

It's really bad news that our Queen is dead. But we're still even with the assassins and we are one big step ahead of yesterday: now people on our side are starting to trust each other and consolidate their knowledge.

I have nothing to add to the discussion right now, I seem to have lost my wiener and I'm a bit lost without it. But I'm sure that something will come up soon. :sweet:

There are next to no leads.

I wouldn't say that. I think I have something coming together behind the scenes that should at least give us a reasonable lynching target. It won't be like yesterday where we can be absolutely certain, but it would still be an educated guess.

If it works out, I'll present the case before lunch.

Well, this day has been great so far. People have hardly spoken out in the Day thread, and everyone has pretty much stated the obvious. Behind the scenes, people are trying hard to get all the info they can, but I'm no more sure as to what's the real motive behind their actions than I was yesterday.

And so, after most of the morning has gone by, we still haven't actually discussed anything of value. Well, let me get the ball rolling then since there seem to be people around here who doubt my affiliation and/or think I'm being taken for a ride. By all means, please go ahead, push and prod me, question me, try me in order to see where my loyalties lie. After all, that's what I did to Bess, and to some extent I'm still not sure whether I was right to question her loyalty as vehemently as I did. Either way though, I think I'll repeat myself (refer to Day 1) by saying this -- if there's something you find suspicious, please do act on it in public. That's the best way we can get more people to actually speak out and get ourselves more information to base our future moves on.

As to myself - I've spent most of the day trying hard to find out whom I can really trust. In the meantime though, I've also replayed the scenes from the last couple of days, this morning included, in my mind and I was wondering, for example, what has led to some sudden short-lived colour changes in the apparel of one of our shipmates!? Sounds like nothing, I know, but I was still curious whether anyone else had noticed this...

And it appears the time is now.

On day 2, when it was already known that Ruben was scum, someone stepped forward to try to substantiate his claims by telling us that he had spoken to the protector privately already. Given that he had already looked scummy on day 1, I was not particularly impressed by this revelation. Given that such a protector would have no reason to trust him didn't exactly make it seem particularly believable either.

So Ruben dies and is shown for the scum he is, and I expect the protector to contact me. It's only natural, they trusted someone who had absolutely nothing to indicate they were loyal, obviously they would trust me now. Nothing. Not a word. Makes me think there isn't one. Then I hear more interesting things behind the scenes and it becomes more and more obvious that this is the case, or that someone is claiming the role but doesn't actually hold it.

Fair enough, I give Meahon a chance to turn over the name of this person. Hell, I didn't ask, I threatened, it's them or you, because honestly, that's the bottom line here. It's so obviously a lie that there's no point being subtle. No less than half of the people who have privately contacted me had put Meahon Doughal on their list of scummy looking suspects.

He refused. :laugh:

I know where my vote will be going. How about you?

Hell, I didn't ask, I threatened, it's them or you, because honestly, that's the bottom line here.

To be clear, you're suggesting either the person claiming they're protector is scum or I'm scum. Great logic, and conveniently enough you've also chosen to omit a few other possibilities that are much more obvious. Which actually has also been the case with a few other of my shipmates here - and I find that highly intriguing.

And more importantly. Even if I gave you the identity of the protector, what would you do with it? In what way would that help you? You cannot ensure that a member of the Royal Family gets protected and you only want protection for yourself, as stated on numerous occasions throughout Day 2. I find that highly selfish and I'm not sure it puts the interests of our remaining two Royals before your personal ones. So, in a nutshell - what good would speaking directly to the protector bring, if you can't even point him/her in the right direction?

To be clear, you're suggesting either the person claiming they're protector is scum or I'm scum. Great logic, and conveniently enough you've also chosen to omit a few other possibilities that are much more obvious. Which actually has also been the case with a few other of my shipmates here - and I find that highly intriguing.

Let's keep it simple, you can't produce them, they won't step forward, they probably don't exist. They would have had no reason to trust you and every reason to trust me, yet you're the only person they've spoken to. This isn't steamship science here.

And more importantly. Even if I gave you the identity of the protector, what would you do with it?

I would ask them to explain themselves and see how truthful it seems. I would weigh that information with what I already know and quite possibly find our next scum. It's a lot more than you've done with this supposed information, aside from trying to defend Ruben and talking about how well he defended himself. :laugh:

and you only want protection for yourself, as stated on numerous occasions throughout Day 2.

Aw, have you been possessed by the slimy spirit of Ruben? :laugh:

I find that highly selfish and I'm not sure it puts the interests of our remaining two Royals before your personal ones. So, in a nutshell - what good would speaking directly to the protector bring, if you can't even point him/her in the right direction?

I don't even believe he exists. Or is it she? You've switched back and forth on that privately. Whatever it is, it smells like a red herring to me.

A red herring with slimy green gills.

Have I been clear yet?

It's a lot more than you've done with this supposed information, aside from trying to defend Ruben and talking about how well he defended himself.

Unfortunately, you're right about that... And to that charge, I'll most readily admit. It was my decision to bring that information to everyone's knowledge and it's cast a very dubious light on the protector. No way for me to undo that though, so I was hoping they could just move on and vest their trust in someone. The fact that they haven't come forward and claimed to you speaks tons about the way you've gone about trying to earn that trust though. Mind you - I was hoping that our "protector" would actually turn out to be a jailkeeper in disguise, who'd stopped Ruben from killing without actually knowing it... But there has been no verification whether that was the case, so there's absolutely no way to know about that.

In general, your first sentence really sums up the fallacious nature of your argument. That a protector "probably" doesn't exist should be wishful thinking on behalf of the scum, not something a "Royalie" should be saying. You know the protector exists, you know I'm in contact with them, and by now you've probably figured out the entire connection since it's really not steamship science.

And... if it smells like herring (regardless of its colour), then we're probably losing altitude. Someone steady that ship!

In general, your first sentence really sums up the fallacious nature of your argument. That a protector "probably" doesn't exist should be wishful thinking on behalf of the scum, not something a "Royalie" should be saying. You know the protector exists, you know I'm in contact with them, and by now you've probably figured out the entire connection since it's really not steamship science.

That's where you've miscalculated. I know that a protector exists, it's obvious that we would have one. I've also spoken to someone who has claimed the role. They've never spoken to you. They had no reason to trust you, but they did have reason to trust and approach me on their own. That is a lot more logical than going to you when you had no reason to be trusted. They have described their role in a way that makes more sense than anything you've told me. They could still be lying, I'd like to be sure.

I know that someone here is lying, and that person is an assassin. This is a great opportunity for the Royal party, and I for one, am not going to just sit on my hands and do nothing with it.

Do you see why it's important that I speak to them and why your attitude screams scum at this point?

And I will add this. There are a number of ways that we can approach this situation. We can sit around and make innuendo laden jokes and take no risks until we're all dead, we can try to defend ourselves hoping to somehow connect a protector with a Royal Family member until we're all dead, or we can attack constantly and mercilessly until the scum are dead and everyone is safe. I like the last approach.

So, in general, I'm scummy looking based on the fact that I don't want to share with you who the protector is; and also based on my actions so far. Let's see about the latter then. Day 1, I was vocal enough to vote against a person whom I thought looked scummier than Charles. If I were scum, you could easily replace "vocal" with "stupid" there. I also came out with all the info I knew as early as Day Two, in hopes it might help us further along the way. If I were scum, you could repeat the replacement drill. And then, if you believe I'm scum, you also say I claimed the existence of a false role. In public, no less. Or claimed that I'm in touch with a role I can't be sure of - as early as Day 2. Why the hell would I even consider doing that? Why would I not, for example, just lay low like other people around here and go with the flow, instead of trying so hard to get you people talking in the day thread?

Because, as any other person who's loyal to the Royals will tell you, having people speak out is the best way to gauge other people's reaction. Hell, I found it amazing that after I shared my findings on Day 2 there was little to no interest in that; and now you're the first person who's actually revisited this whole thing! This has got to be the most secretive Town Ship Barge I've ever seen...

I know that a protector exists, it's obvious that we would have one. I've also spoken to someone who has claimed the role. They've never spoken to you. They had no reason to trust you, but they did have reason to trust and approach me on their own. That is a lot more logical than going to you when you had no reason to be trusted.

So coming straight to you and claiming is all it takes to earn your trust? And people are almost certainly Assassins if they demonstrate a high level of uncertainty / anxiety about confiding in anyone else; especially if the information they have is sensitive? Please, Shanalon, I know you're smarter than that, and I'm not even trying to rub your ego here. :hmpf_bad:

They have described their role in a way that makes more sense than anything you've told me.

Considering how little I've told you, and how convoluted the entire investigation premise seems to be, I'm guessing they're protecting by having someone else kiss the frog and then ensuring that a third person places it on the head of the person who needs to be protected for the night. I won't even ask what kind of lies they've been telling you about who's been protected so far, but at least now I know that if I do actually get lynched, you'll know who the next Assassin is.

Either way, you can trust whoever and whatever you like, but I'm taken back by what you seem to perceive as normal / straightforward considering the whole setting we're in. Just bear in mind that if you are indeed working for the good of the Royal family, you're not on the right track here - and if you have any doubts as described above, now would be a good time to act on those. Trying to convince yourself and the rest of our shipmates here that I'm scum just because I've refused to reveal the protector is not a wise move. Neither is trying to explain to me how my story is full of holes - since my story is clearly there for all to see in the Day thread.

It's really good to see you're not sitting on your hands and this was the kind of thing I was hoping for earlier today - but hopefully, other people will also take note.

Meahon, I'm not sure what game you're playing. Shanalon gave us the head of a scum. What more proof do you need to trust her? What do you think you're gaining by not disclosing valuable information? Are you playing with the team, or pursuing your own interests? Don't you see that only by putting together all of the claims we can figure out who is lying here? If you're town, you're certainly not helping yourself by concealing the identity of a potential liar. And if that person is really our protector, you're not helping them with your suspicious behaviour.

012.jpg

"You want me to take over flying for a while?" Fairon Garzi asks Jane Phoebe Barnell.

"Are you sure you want to fly?" Jane asks, "You look grumpy."

"It's just that I haven't seen my wiener all day," Fairon admits sadly.

013.jpg

A wiener conveniently presents itself.

"Oh joy!" Fairon Garzi exclaims as he reaches for the wiener. However, he thinks better of it.

"Wait a minute," he thinks out loud, "Where is this wiener coming from?"

014.jpg

The answer is disturbing.

"I always knew it was better to look a gift wiener in the mouth." Fairon Garzi says.

"I thought the saying was 'a wiener in the hand is worth two in the bush.'" Jane says.

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. The player with the most votes will be lynched.

015.jpg

Meanwhile, Bess Bulton and Cuthber Neal Memlow play a game the passengers call "Let's hang upside down from the cargo net".

"Weird that my hair is falling up," Bess Bulton observes.

"Weird that I still can't get an erection even though I'm staring up your blouse," Cuthber Neal Memlow observes.

"Why is everything about wieners?" Bess asks...

So, in general, I'm scummy looking based on the fact that I don't want to share with you who the protector is

I think you mean, "may be", don't you? If you're going to tell me that I can't be sure that someone is making a true claim, a fact I openly stated myself, how can you be so sure? How was your 'protector' so sure? :laugh:

Day 1, I was vocal enough to vote against a person whom I thought looked scummier than Charles.

Everyone gets a pass on day 1 because no one knows who to trust at that point. No one except the scum. That only begs the question, why would anyone trust you with information concerning a vital town role at that point? They wouldn't unless they were either scum or an idiot. So why would they not come to me? That narrows it down to scum.

I also came out with all the info I knew as early as Day Two, in hopes it might help us further along the way.

What info? The ghost 'protector'? The praise and support for Ruben? What?

you also say I claimed the existence of a false role. In public, no less. Or claimed that I'm in touch with a role I can't be sure of - as early as Day 2. Why the hell would I even consider doing that? Why would I not, for example, just lay low like other people around here and go with the flow, instead of trying so hard to get you people talking in the day thread?

That's exactly what you did. Why? As you say, either scum or stupid. I'd like to be sure which, but if you can't do any better than this, we're not going to have much choice at the end of the day, are we? Of course, your 'protector' could contact me and make an honest case for their claims. I don't see it happening.

Because, as any other person who's loyal to the Royals will tell you, having people speak out is the best way to gauge other people's reaction. Hell, I found it amazing that after I shared my findings on Day 2 there was little to no interest in that

Because there was no meat to the claim. Scumbag Ruben doing the same thing you're doing now, but in private. He said a lot of the very same things, it's like you're working from the same playbook. I told him that I would actually give his obviously fake theory a chance by asking the protector to step forward. They never did. Big surprise.

So coming straight to you and claiming is all it takes to earn your trust?

Did you miss the part where I said the person could be lying? No, you didn't, you're just blindly arguing now. That means this is close to where it was with Ruben, the point where I dismiss it, make my vote, and move on.

And people are almost certainly Assassins if they demonstrate a high level of uncertainty / anxiety about confiding in anyone else; especially if the information they have is sensitive? Please, Shanalon, I know you're smarter than that, and I'm not even trying to rub your ego here. :hmpf_bad:

If they don't step forward at this point, they're insuring your death. Great job, protector. There, does it need to be any clearer?

Considering how little I've told you, and how convoluted the entire investigation premise seems to be, I'm guessing they're protecting by having someone else kiss the frog and then ensuring that a third person places it on the head of the person who needs to be protected for the night. I won't even ask what kind of lies they've been telling you about who's been protected so far,

The investigation method is incredibly effective and has been proven to work, you can try making a joke about it, but that doesn't help you, no one is laughing.

Oh, and they haven't been making any claims that can't be substantiated. Unlike... you.

but at least now I know that if I do actually get lynched, you'll know who the next Assassin is.

If you're lynched and come out to be a member of the Royal party, we'll know that you were stupid and protected the assassin to the point of giving up your own life. And we won't know who that is because you were stupid and protected the assassin to the point of giving up your own life. Pretty simple there.

Either way, you can trust whoever and whatever you like, but I'm taken back by what you seem to perceive as normal / straightforward considering the whole setting we're in. Just bear in mind that if you are indeed working for the good of the Royal family, you're not on the right track here - and if you have any doubts as described above, now would be a good time to act on those. Trying to convince yourself and the rest of our shipmates here that I'm scum just because I've refused to reveal the protector is not a wise move. Neither is trying to explain to me how my story is full of holes - since my story is clearly there for all to see in the Day thread.

I understand completely, Ruben, er, Meahan. I get you two confused now.

And I am done for now.

We have 48 hours to vote, but we're not going to wait that long for some answers. Seriously.

Meahon, this is enough. You seem to trust a possible protector that did nothing to prove his loyalty over Shanalon who offered accurate investigation results. If you were actually the one protecting Ruben on the first night, then say so and we'll be making some progress. Your determination to hinder any form of town coordination will cost you dearly.

Perhaps a little prodding is required to convince this alleged protector to come out of the ship's woodwork?

Vote: Meahon Doughal (MetroiD)

Perhaps a little prodding is required to convince this alleged protector to come out of the ship's woodwork?

Indeed. If they're a real protector, now is the time for them to act.

Meahan: If it's true, give us the name, your 'protector' is scum. If this whole thing has been a lie, burn in hell.