vlai23

[MOC] ROTJ C-3PO & R2-D2 approach Jabba's Palace

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello. I've been wanting to try an MOC of this scene from the beginning of ROTJ for a while, and a few weeks ago I was at a record show and picked up the soundtrack on a nice gatefold LP. I was surprised and excited to see that the back of the sleeve depicted the exact scene I had in mind. Pure serendipity. Particularly inspired today by the marvel of TC-14, I finally got to work. This is my first attempt at any kind of forced perspective MOC/photography. I hope you like it.

IMG_0888smal.jpg

That's a nice MOC, vlai23! :thumbup: The forced perspective seems very well executed and it's always cool to see one of these iconic scenes in a small scale. I think it would be even cooler if you'd build the background of the scene as well to make some kind of diorama.

This is great! I love how you’ve matched the slopes of the hills and sand perfectly! The picture is a nice reference and it helps to see how well you’ve pulled this off. Beautifully done! :wub:

i thought the MOC is great! a brick version of the poster! and you have done the Palace miniature MOC well!

Excellent work 'vlai23', the scaled down palace is perfect and scenery is also spot on....neat photography to get the right angles too. :classic:

Really nice perspective :thumbup:. The build of the palace is great as well :sweet:.

Good work on the forced perspective! The miniature palace is very cute, but i'm also quite impressed how well you recreated the landscape in Lego. The entire scene looks spot on compared to the reference picture!

Are you planning on making more of these iconic scenes?