Donut

Posting Glitches

I just want to inform the admins and mods of 2 posting glitches that I've encountered today.

1. The first glitch happened this morning (~11 AM USA Central Time) when I was replying to a member's question on what set to buy. After I had reviewed and submitted my post, the final post was missing a large portion of my writing. After going back and reentering what was missing everything was fine.

I had a similar encounter with this problem during November of last year. I Scream Clone helped me edit my post at that time.

2. The second glitch appeared around this afternoon (~4 pm USA Central Time). I was trying to post a response to a thread, but the 30 second anti-spam rule (rule: you have to wait 30 seconds before posting something else) prevented me from doing so. It is really bizarre because this post was my first for the afternoon. After waiting and re-posting, what I wrote was somehow duplicated. *huh*

I am not sure if this is only happening to me, but if someone else has encountered similar problems please make note of it here.

Also, I have noticed that occasionally when posting from my I-pod, the font size on my post and others has beenshrunk to size one, instead of the standard size three, making it hard to read. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, since I've seen other posts like it. After editing the post once, it changes back, though. *huh*

I just want to inform the admins and mods of 2 posting glitches that I've encountered today.

1. The first glitch happened this morning (~11 AM USA Central Time) when I was replying to a member's question on what set to buy. After I had reviewed and submitted my post, the final post was missing a large portion of my writing. After going back and reentering what was missing everything was fine.

I had a similar encounter with this problem during November of last year. I Scream Clone helped me edit my post at that time.

2. The second glitch appeared around this afternoon (~4 pm USA Central Time). I was trying to post a response to a thread, but the 30 second anti-spam rule (rule: you have to wait 30 seconds before posting something else) prevented me from doing so. It is really bizarre because this post was my first for the afternoon. After waiting and re-posting, what I wrote was somehow duplicated. *huh*

I am not sure if this is only happening to me, but if someone else has encountered similar problems please make note of it here.

Can I ask what browser you are using? I had a similar problem around a year ago or so, and I was using an outdated version of IE.

I hate to sound like an IE basher, but I hear lots of complaints from EB users on certain things not working. I prefer Chrome myself.

Can I ask what browser you are using? I had a similar problem around a year ago or so, and I was using an outdated version of IE.

I am using Mozilla Firefox version 10.0.2. This isn't a chronic problem for me, rather I just wanted you guys to be aware of this 'glitch'.

It sounds like transmission corruption to me, probably caused by some of our recent server overload issues. The solution is to use a browser like Opera that remembers the content of edit boxes even if you go forward or back. :grin:

Also, I have noticed that occasionally when posting from my I-pod, the font size on my post and others has beenshrunk to size one, instead of the standard size three, making it hard to read. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, since I've seen other posts like it. After editing the post once, it changes back, though. *huh*

I completely agree, that happens to me on my iPod too.

I hate to sound like an IE basher, but I hear lots of complaints from EB users on certain things not working. I prefer Chrome myself.

Yes. I went from IE to Chrome, and it's way better. :wub: Once you go Chrome, you never go back. :laugh:

I completely agree, that happens to me on my iPod too.

That sounds more like a browser caching issue. I've never seen that before.

The iPod issue has happened to me as well, but it only happens when I have a bad Internet connection (similar to how it'll sometimes revert to a version of the site that seems to fail to apply a lot of the CSS, which I assume is because my bad connection prevents me from downloading an external style sheet, [this one?] but that's a different problem) and it is always a display issue on the iPod itself. (the BBCode does not, in fact, specify display of text at the smaller size, refreshing will clear the problem, and the post looks fine viewed on another device with a decent connection) I'm 99.9% sure that the issue of the small text on the iPod is a problem with the mobile version of Safari itself, which I believe scales text up a little on smaller devices such as iPhones and iPod Touches to make it easier to read. Not completely sure about that feature, though.

It sounds like transmission corruption to me, probably caused by some of our recent server overload issues. The solution is to use a browser like Opera that remembers the content of edit boxes even if you go forward or back. :grin:

Does anyone know of an addon for Firefox that does this? I haven't had these problems on EB, but sometimes MOCpages logs me out before I finish writing a description and I lose everything, which that would prevent me from losing my stuff.

Does anyone know of an addon for Firefox that does this?

I am not sure but we can compare notes. Currently, I only have ad-block plus enabled as an add-on. What version of Firefox are you using?

I am not sure but we can compare notes. Currently, I only have ad-block plus enabled as an add-on. What version of Firefox are you using?

12.0. I run updates as soon as they come out.