Sign in to follow this  
Governor Broadside

EF and ITP with green baseplates

Wahiggin wrote:

The reason I ask is that I bought a large lot on eBay and it has several parts

that would go with set 6276 and 6277, but two of the baseplates that came

with the lot are

Unless there's some I'm missing something its obvious that the seller acquired different parts from various sources, which probably had no relation to each other whatsoever then sold them all as one big lot on eBay.

I don't understand how someone could jump so far as to assume that The LEGO Company made a content error. Had he said something of along the lines of acquiring a Mint In Seal Box Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post that had that base plate then I could understand his curiosity.

Interesting, I noticed the stacking difficulty before, but never examined it closely...

God Bless,

Nathan

Eldorado Fortress couldn't be cool wityh that baseplate...because that is a forest baseplate and Eldorado fortress should be near the see...If EF wouln't be near the sea, it wouldn't work like a pirate theme set

I don't think the green would work very well with the colour yellow and white scheme. I think the yellow would contrast too much and it would just look out of place.

Did you read what The_Panther_X wrote?

I did however get a Imperial Trading Post with a Green Mountain baseplate. In fact

there were several that way because I remember looking through the stack at TRU trying

to find one with the right baseplate.

I would have thought the baseplates came from the castle sets that had them, but his message seems to confirm that the green plates were included in some ITPs.

About the colors, I agree. They wouldn't go together. *wacko*

Yes i did read what The_Panther_X read, BUT I was quite tired at the time so I only read the first paragraph, so not all of it. However, I shall retract my "duh" from my initial post but still, had Wahiggin encountered the same sets as The_Panther_X had encountered or was he just jumping to conclusions?

And why are these users writing about Pirate LEGO on BrickLink? Why aren't they here!!!

Maybe if somebody was willing to to take their EF fortress and put on this base if they have it? Then we can really[i/] see how it loks, but the green will probably make it look like a fortress in the forrest and not the sea :-D .

I think wahiggin was jumping to conclusions. Sure, the green baseplates could have been separated from the rest of the castle sets and the gray baseplates from the rest of 6276 and 6277, and they could have been switched. But the more I think about it, this reasoning seems a little harder to believe than the sets being reproduced with the green baseplates.

And I guess not many of the members of BL realize that we're here... 8-|

Scouts, I don't have the baseplate we've been discussing (top) but I have the other one. The colors are just kind of "reversed"

2552px6.jpg

2552px5.jpg

Did you read what The_Panther_X wrote?
I would have thought the baseplates came from the castle sets that had them, but his message seems to confirm that the green plates were included in some ITPs.

How do we know that The_Panther_X is telling the truth? He might be a good story teller.

Maybe if somebody was willing to to take their EF fortress and put on this base if they have it? Then we can really[i/] see how it loks, but the green will probably make it look like a fortress in the forrest and not the sea :-D .

I don't have the baseplate either...

In his "My" page on BL, he does have all the Pirate sets, so I'd guess he knows. He's the one with the blue pirate too.

Parot. Blue Parot. I guess I got mixed up, Parot and pirate sound to much alike. And spelling isn't to far off either.

Hmmmm... Pi-rate | Par-rot

Blue parrots do exist though, depending on the shade of blue... I've just won 2 off BrickLink.

But TPX's has the printing ;-) . May wanna look at the Pirates Blue Parot thread (I think that's what it's called[?]), because that's what I was referring to. Unless that was what you were refering to, plain blue parots.

I was just referring to plain blue parrots, but you've jolted my memory. Now I know exactly what you're referring to.

The question is on my mind is how does this one particular buyer find these things?

I was referring to both. I've never come across anything unusual and I've come across a lot of Pirate LEGO. I can't help think at the back of my mind this guy might be pulling everyone's leg for a laugh. We may never know for sure.

I've tried one of my Eldorado Fortresses on the mountain baseplates. It looked kinda wierd. Only reason I did it was because I wanted to steal one of the gray ones to build an Imperial Trading Post. Later on I swapped to the gray/green/blue from the Rock Island refuge. It looks much better than the mountain one. Too much green doesn't go well with the colour scheme of the EF. I thought I had a photo but it's not on my camera and the lego is all packed up at the farm.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It has been demolished! (By pirates?)

Anyhow, I thought it would look weird. Was this because of the colours or did the pattern on the base plate also contribute to this?

I have a 6277 MISB stored away. At the time of purchase (it came from Germany) I did not look further than to check if the seals had not failed. I did not check the inside of the box too thoroughly since a sealed set is supposed to be new and in order.

I will check which baseplate is inside the box. I have a used 6277 as well with the raised sea cliff baseplate. Furthermore, ITP comes with extra blue baseplates, it would be hard to imagine an ITP with a green mountain and forest type baseplate and flat blue baseplates (sea) surrounding it. A trading post is not an invincible fortress nor a fully guarded castle and it should certainly not be located in a forest environment but in a harbour or sea port with access to sea.

That's just what I can come up with.

I've never come across anything unusual and I've come across a lot of Pirate LEGO.

But how much new lego do you buy? I have seen sets in the 90s with an element in the 'window' switched for another. I always checked before buying ;) I'm wondering if those display windows were hand-packed and therefore more error prone?

God Bless,

Nathan

Stop making us jealos Mr. Jamtf :-P !!! I'm pretty sure the window panes were put in by machine or already connected in by machine, unless you mean people putting in the plastic. I'm also sure that it'd be hard to figure, "hmmm, the picture on the box shows gra, but this one is green?" Unless the shortage stories are true, then the children will be sad :-( , expect a gray pretty baseplate but find a green one.

Stop making us jealos Mr. Jamtf :-P !!! I'm pretty sure the window panes were put in by machine or already connected in by machine, unless you mean people putting in the plastic. I'm also sure that it'd be hard to figure, "hmmm, the picture on the box shows gra, but this one is green?" Unless the shortage stories are true, then the children will be sad :-( , expect a gray pretty baseplate but find a green one.

No intention on my behalf Mr. ImperialScouts! ;-) I was only trying to say that I had not checked - and still have not since the darn thing is stored away 10 miles from where I live - the contents and that I would be surprised if I found a green baseplate inside. I wonder if Lego would be able to replace wrong parts from old sets if you complained about getting a second hand market but new and unused copy. I think it is highly unlikely that Lego would switch baseplates since they do not want to risk a huge amount of complaints from customers who are not happy with the new set the way they bought it. Especially a wrong big part like that makes the set itself pretty useless and people would perhaps not even consider building the main model since the box and instructions show a different part.

Though, the piece is no longer in production and has been more than a decade old, it is higly doubtfull you may get the right piece. I'm not sure. You may, but I have doubts.