snefroe

my own divers

indexed.gif V-W-04E

i was taking a closer look at the parts from the large airplane the other day... the large wing is pretty much useless, so that went straight into the crappy parts bag...

the windcreen looks quite nice, so i decided to buy a second plane and just smash these two fuselages together. then i only got stuck with the tailsections which were pretty cool as well, even though rather difficult to use in any moc... that got me thinking... and I ended up with this:

pict0112a.jpg

sure it looks like a real submarine, unfortunately, i haven't been able to build an actual sub yet... there's lots of space inside these two large parts, but i'll have to make it a bit longer so i can have some room for a decent door or a hatch... anyway, this is a submerged ship. it sinks almost entirely into the water, basically untill the water level reaches the blue line on the ship. the hull has two large tanks inside, one filled with fuel to power up the ship's rotor underneath, and an oxygen tank to keep a decent supply of compressed air for the divers...

sube.jpg

this ship is designed to map large areas of the ocean, to look for whatever you want to look for in the water of the deep... it has all the equipement you need: diving equipement, weapons, sonar/scanning equipement , sonar bouys that can be dropped into the ocean, and a communications uplink to send all the info to satelites or any other communications unit... ah..; yes... forgot to add the small robot ... :-X

pict0110a.jpg

subb.jpg

pict0105a.jpg

suba.jpg

rest of the gallery

That's certainly a creative idea for those parts :-)

The overall structure does look kinda weird, but your greeblies (the Space fan in you) make it recognizable as some sort of sub ;-)

Nice job, I like it *y*

That's certainly a creative idea for those parts :-)

The overall structure does look kinda weird, but your greeblies (the Space fan in you) make it recognizable as some sort of sub ;-)

Nice job, I like it *y*

ah yes..; maybe i should have mentioned it's a boat 'from the near future', you know me... space is never far away X-D

Nice use of those large bricks. I really like it *y*

Keep it up :-)

KimT

A train with the front and now a sub with the back! I will buy the new airport if it is possible to use the plane pieces in another way! :-D

Nice job Sne! No pics of the interior?...

That's pretty damn creative. :)

I always like it when people take the "useless" pieces and try to make somehting from them. Now try to make something with the wing piece. :-P

Count Sneffy, you certainly have put a lot of though into the details of this submarine. Did you use reference images or diagram to construct this or did it all come from your imagination?

Sorry Sne, no snide remarks from me this time. All I can say is this:

Well played.

-l2k-

I always like it when people take the "useless" pieces and try to make somehting from them. Now try to make something with the wing piece.

Me like that too.

And I think this one is a brilliant way to use those tail parts.

I dont have that big plane my self, cause really I don

Very ingenious! It looks a little bit like those old manned torpedos, some british "chariots" or italian "maiale".

I love the way you paid attention to all of these fine and clever details. *y* Impressive work!

I remember how I loved to play with a little plastic toy similar to this in my bathtub long, long ago. It was

using a weight for holding it under water and baking soda for diving up. Pure fun. *sweet*

Count Sneffy, you certainly have put a lot of though into the details of this submarine. Did you use reference images or diagram to construct this or did it all come from your imagination?

well, i guess it's the same as with pirate ships. if you're building a pirate ship you'll need to add canons, a rudder, sails, steering wheel,... so when i decided to turn this 'bubble', as I called it then, into a small boat, i just asked myself what you'd need for a typical vessel of this type.

It almost looks like a Bathyscape. You'd just need to add the cockpit bubble to the bottom.

i also had that feeling when i worked on the model. i was going to attatch the rotor at the side of the boat, but then figured out that they wouldn't be submerged completely; the only other spot was all the way down, underneath the tailsections.

the entire ship is actually part of a larger moc, but i'm not there yet...

I think that looks great . I think you should make a boat that has a cran and can lift up the research sub

and lay it down on the deck of the ship like the boats in the diver theme. *wub*

I think that looks great . I think you should make a boat that has a cran and can lift up the research sub

and lay it down on the deck of the ship like the boats in the diver theme. *wub*

thanks *sweet*

that's the idea. as soon as i have the time to create such a boat :-$