AlexScammer

Batman's Mask Comparison

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which mask do you prefer?

• The old one
    • The new one
    • Both equally
    • Neither

Got one from The Sun's LEGO promotion. I'd never be seen dead reading that paper but still...

The new cowl is a real improvement in my opinion. The wider ears much more closely resemble Batman, and I'm please that they reduced the overall bulk of the thing, especially from the back. The printing differences are annoying, but it doesn't take any more than sliding down the cowl a little bit less to rectify the problem (it still fits nice and snug!), until the LEGO peeps give us a new one. Thumbs up on this from me. :thumbup:

Im surprised no one has posted pictures of the Jetski Cowl on a Dark Knight batman.

I put it on my Keychain Dark Knight batman. I think this cowl looks more like the movie. I think it is the shape and look of the brow on the cowl.

p1010420.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Im surprised no one has posted pictures of the Jetski Cowl on a Dark Knight batman.

I put it on my Keychain Dark Knight batman. I think this cowl looks more like the movie. I think it is the shape and look of the brow on the cowl.

That looks terrific! I haven't had a chance to pick up the jetski set yet but I'm really looking forward to it. I think it looks exactly like the cowl from Batman '89, so I want to try it on my old black Batman from the 2006 sets. While I do prefer the smaller yellow bat emblem of the current black Batman to the gold one on the original, I prefer the belt on the original as it looks more like the utility belt on Keaton's Batman suit.

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/16/28/42/p1010420.jpg

It looks even better on the black tdk/tdkr minifig! :wink:

So I picked up another Batwing/Joker helicopter set and it had the newer cowl mold. Looks like they fixed the printing on the face to where it aligns properly. I took a pic, the new one is on the right.

0F17A413-1EDA-4792-BB2D-92093BE6E815-271-00000026A43CC13F.jpg

So I picked up another Batwing/Joker helicopter set and it had the newer cowl mold. Looks like they fixed the printing on the face to where it aligns properly. I took a pic, the new one is on the right.

*snip*

I was about to say the new mask is superior if it wasn't for the head printing not being aligned properly. At this point... I think the new one is just better. It's less bulky and blocky. It's just shaped nicer. However, I don't actually own one of the new ones. I bought the new DC sets in their entirety way before these even existed so I'll have to wait for the next wave to own one of these newer ones. I might change my mind when I have it in my hands.

I'm also wondering what they look like cowlless, new print vs old. Did they significantly lower or raise the mouth? If it's too low he might not have a chin anymore.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pic

I've started seeing some of the new Batman Keychains ( dark blue Batman ) has started to get the new cowl. In my opinion the old cowl looks a lot better in dark blue than the new one.

I personally like the new one as the curve of the ears look better compared to the more blocky ears in the old one. :wink: But I really don't have that much of a preference.

So I noticed something really weird. It's not the face printing that has changed but instead the new cowl just fits different than the first new cowl. If that makes any sense. I tried the cowl from the jetski polybag on the new head that I got and it doesn't line up correctly. But when I try the new cowl ( in the picture above, right hand side) on any other Batman head it lines up correctly. It seems like they adjusted how far down the cowl will go down so that it lines up properly.

So I noticed something really weird. It's not the face printing that has changed but instead the new cowl just fits different than the first new cowl. If that makes any sense. I tried the cowl from the jetski polybag on the new head that I got and it doesn't line up correctly. But when I try the new cowl ( in the picture above, right hand side) on any other Batman head it lines up correctly. It seems like they adjusted how far down the cowl will go down so that it lines up properly.

Well then. First new cowl < Old Cowl < Newer New Cowl.

Seems like a rather obvious mistake to make.

Oh for real, the new cowl in blue? Good thing I got 6858 and 6857 before the change. But I have a feeling when I get the Batcave it'll be the new one...

Anyone have any pictures?

I received my batcave recently which has the new cowl in blue which also lines up perfectly with the eyes.How much is it worth?

Not much, just means they probbaly fix the cowl going lower than it should problem. I doubt they'd make a new slightly different head, thats just pointless.

I think the new cowl is incomparably better. Bats finally has an expression with it. I need to get my hands on one of them...

It's nice to have more variety in the Batman Suits now. In having both the old and new black&blue, my army of "batmen" don't look like clones.

Now was this limited to the black&blue suits only or did the white suit come out before the change too?

It's nice to have more variety in the Batman Suits now. In having both the old and new black&blue, my army of "batmen" don't look like clones.

Now was this limited to the black&blue suits only or did the white suit come out before the change too?

All of the white cowls (and any of the black ones from the 2013 sets) are the newer styles