MinuteBot

Happy Design Week

Hi Everyone. We started on eurobricks.com spreading the word about our idea of MinuteBot. But now we are much further than just spreading the word. We want to share the fun of building with the Base even before it is out, so we set up a design challenge. We call for all creative forces to join in the quest. To give a foretaste of the MinuteBot Base the last update was issued together with a set of 3 .dat files to use in LDraw (thanks to great deal of help we received through LDwar forum). To prove it is not a commerial project everyone that submits a project, no matter how simple or advanced, is rewarded with a double up on the amount of Bases one pledged for. The challenge is for everyone, so please feel free to post and share the file with whoever interested.

Please see the details of the Happy Design Week and join in!

Get the file and share your design on http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/37801615/minutebot-base/posts/217507

Please spread the news.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone. We started on eurobricks.com spreading the word about our idea of MinuteBot. But now we are much further than just spreading the word. We want to share the fun of building with the Base even before it is out, so we set up a design challenge. We call for all creative forces to join in the quest. To give a foretaste of the MinuteBot Base the last update was issued together with a set of 3 .dat files to use in LDraw (thanks to great deal of help we received through LDwar forum). To prove it is not a commerial project everyone that submits a project, no matter how simple or advanced, is rewarded with a double up on the amount of Bases one pledged for. The challenge is for everyone, so please feel free to post and share the file with whoever interested.

Please see the details of the Happy Design Week and join in!

Get the file and share your design on http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/37801615/minutebot-base/posts/217507

Please spread the news.

Cheers!

We discourage people to join just to promote themselves or their own communities. I'll leave this in Community, which is where we tell people to put contest notifications when they are polite enough to ask a staff member what our policy is. You yourself should review our guidelines. The link is in the upper right corner of every page and there's even a convenient link in my signature.

We discourage people to join just to promote themselves or their own communities. I'll leave this in Community, which is where we tell people to put contest notifications when they are polite enough to ask a staff member what our policy is. You yourself should review our guidelines. The link is in the upper right corner of every page and there's even a convenient link in my signature.

Thank you for the note, however I do not see a relevant line in the Site Guidelines. I would be grateful for suggestions how I could alter my message to make it clear it is not a contest and we are not trying to sell anything. We want to communicate our concept to all fans of LEGO and robotics; and we are directing to the kickstarter page because this is the main platform we are using. It is our focus to direct to the most fresh and up to date information. Anyone can read there about the MinuteBot for free and with no registration. We are spreading the word about the design challenge, as to our believe LEGO CADs may interest some members of EB. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for the note, however I do not see a relevant line in the Site Guidelines.

Member Guidelines

Selling and self promotion: New members are not allowed to sell/trade on this site, but we do allow long term members to do so in the Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds forum; be sure to read the rules to this forum before posting there. We occasionally allow exclusions to this rule but you need to contact the staff first. We NEVER allow the personal message system to be used to spam or contact members to make sales offers. If you engage in this practice, you will be subject to an immediate ban. The only time the personal message system should be used is when both parties have previously agreed to that form of communication. We take no responsibility for any transaction that takes place as a result of contact made on this site. If you have a problem with a transaction, you should discuss it with the other party, not us. Quite simply, know who you are dealing with and act accordingly. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Please don't use Eurobricks as a billboard. You may certainly post links to your site in your signature, but don't join just to advertise your site. This includes reviews/MOCs posted on off-site forums.

Although mainly geared towards selling, this statement sums it up nicely.

I am very sorry and surprised our message is perceived this way, as it contradicts response from other communities. We do not mean to offend any member of EB, and if our topic does so we would be grateful for deleting it from the forum. It is a great forum, with many interesting topics in which we will stay active, however we will not share external links.

We wish to improve our idea of MinuteBot parts, but not for the cost of interfering with EB regulations :)

I am very sorry and surprised our message is perceived this way, as it contradicts response from other communities. We do not mean to offend any member of EB, and if our topic does so we would be grateful for deleting it from the forum. It is a great forum, with many interesting topics in which we will stay active, however we will not share external links.

We wish to improve our idea of MinuteBot parts, but not for the cost of interfering with EB regulations :)

It's not that your idea is bad or that EB is against it. The problem is it appears you've joined EB for the sole or at least main reason of promoting your site. If you had joined a while ago, contributed around the forum, and then asked a Staff member for permission to post something like this, it would have gone unnoticed. It's not what you are doing, it's how you went about it. :sceptic: