Legonardo

Close encounters

[pid][/pid]213B

Pirate sloop attacking a British merchant ship at bias bay.

7127332849_a5792ccf98_b.jpg

7147398195_e1c2395eb9_z.jpg

7147398309_e1b989b662_z.jpg

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

:pir-oh:

Awesome, it seems that the merchant ship has weather gauge :pir-oh3:

What a spectacular battle, I love that first picture with the lighting. Ever since I saw SlyOwl's entry I've been considering making such battle scene too, Now I am completely convinced,

A ship just looks so cool when engaged in battle.

Putting the ships under an angle really adds to the lively aspect like there really is wind. It most have been a lot of work to get the water-scape right :pir_wacko:

wow amazing ships. I kind of fall in love with this kind of action scenes. They seem so much more difficult to build that 'just' a ship (not saying that building a ship is easy).

It looks so much alive, like it is a snapshot of a real battle. The heel of the ship looks real, like it truly is caused by the wind. The smoke and fire. the white wash around the ships.

Bart

thabk you for your kind comments. unfortunately my account is still inactive, so it doesn't look like ill be entering as it closes in a few hours :pir_bawling:

thabk you for your kind comments. unfortunately my account is still inactive, so it doesn't look like ill be entering as it closes in a few hours :pir_bawling:

yeah, appearently it can take up to two weeks before an account becomes active :pir_wacko:

I couldn't enter the first JRC because of that back when I made my account.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

The deadlines been strectched to May 21st actually so you'd still be able to enter.

And it is a lovely scene! So many wonderful vessels have been built lately. :jollyroger:

The deadlines been strectched to May 21st actually so you'd still be able to enter.

And it is a lovely scene! So many wonderful vessels have been built lately. :jollyroger:

Walter, the bearer of good news :pir-sweet:

I hope to see more of the brick built hull of the pirate ship! It's a very dynamic scene, well done! I especially like the technique used for the fire coming from the cannon of the pirate sloop.

I love this! What a great capture of a moment in time. Everything from the high seas, to the cannon blasts, to the burning wound on the larboard side of the brig looks great; like it’s still in motion. I really like that neat little sloop and the man-overboard, stage center, with his arms inverted as to hold on to drift wood. I rarely comment on scenes or vignettes, but this one really impressed me. It took a few times through your 360 video to notice, the slops mast is going by the board. What were they thinking engaging a man-of-war like that, silly pirates? Thanks for sharing!