Nuju Metru

LOTR Project: The Two Towers

8530500384_474461a824_z.jpg

Click the photo above to support!

Howdy guys.

This is the project topic for my custom-made sets of The Two Towers. This is the second installment of this project - the first film's sets are complete and can be seen here. As I have clarified many times, I realize that LEGO is making official products of the LOTR movies, too, but this project has been my brainchild since this past summer; having already poured lots of time and money into it by the time LEGO made their announcement, I decided I might as well keep going on mine. The creations below are built to be like sets that TLG themselves would make (ironic, huh?). Each one thus has specific minifigures, and even an imagined price point. My sets are built for stability, detail, playability, and differentiation of sizes. So, without further ado, let's get started!

Newest Content is at the Top!

5) Ruin of Osgiliath

Captured by Faramir, Frodo has been taken to the ruined city of Osgiliath. But when a Nazgul arrives on its Fell Beast, Frodo risks being taken by an even more dangerous force...

Imagined price point: $50

Features include: breaking tower, trap door, Fell beast with 20" wingspan and 30 points of artiulation

Includes 5 minifigures: Frodo Baggins, Faramir, Gondorian Soldier (2x), Nazgul

7311745430_0b00bc8701.jpg7311748052_b193ff20c8.jpg

7311747900_6261f22e93.jpg7311747754_d958b88260.jpg

7311747184_017424b4e3.jpg7311746022_2599edb5b7.jpg

7311751126_1c21147930.jpg7311750948_d2d2dc799a.jpg

7311745042_6501f1d6a9.jpg7311744228_97ee0ae311.jpg

4) Warg Skirmish

As they make their way to the stronghold of Helms Deep, the convoy of Rohan is ambushed by the Warg Riders of Isengard. Aragorn and Gimli must hold off the wolves.

Imagined price point: $12

Features include: 11 points of articulation

Includes 4 minifigures: Aragorn, Gimli, Warg Captain, Warg Rider

7212473052_2c230d4714.jpg7212473284_21740afc48.jpg

7212472926_5259980ab7.jpg7212472720_e7b109a524.jpg

3) Edoras

Gandalf the White arrives at the capital city of Rohan, Edoras. He must save King Theoden from the evil influence of Wormtongue.

Imagined price point: $70

Features include: modular Golden Hall,

Includes 6 minifigures: King Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, Gandalf the White, Grima Wormtongue, Rohirrim

6984262828_e2ed368ed5.jpg6984262960_9428d3d846.jpg

7130348921_9b2285657b.jpg6984264862_e21359a606.jpg

7130347501_b6b6cba05b.jpg6984263546_247f5f7703.jpg

6984263880_d64bd15f76.jpg6984264040_feff3090e3.jpg

7130347983_b77cce9b63.jpg6984264632_31d3fe816b.jpg

2) Treebeard Encounter

While in the Fangorn Forest, Merry and Pippin climb a tree... only to discover that it is not a tree at all. It is the Ent Treebeard, who soon becomes their friend and ally.

Imagined price point: $20

Features include: holdable rock, 21 points of articulation

Includes 2 minifigures: Meriadoc Brandybuck, Peregrin Took

6980153136_62d115969a.jpg7126239251_94a1e61853.jpg

7126239853_03f22b706e.jpg6980152644_d8b06e5644.jpg

6980153366_68d6c76cb4.jpg6980153466_bec469274b.jpg

1) The Dead Marshes

The creature known as Gollum has agreed to help Frodo and Sam travel to Mordor. On the way, the trio passes through the eerie and treacherous Dead Marshes.

Imagined price point: $12

Features include: Underwater Corpse

Includes 3 minifigures: Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Gollum

6980136220_ee654649d5.jpg6980136104_60e09bbefe.jpg

6980135754_68f84c476b.jpg6980135538_6f73064104.jpg

See the Two Towers Flickr Set for more in-depth pictures of everything, and photos of the Fellowship stuff.

Thanks for viewing!

Nuju

Edited by Nuju Metru

Again I have to say those are fantastic ideas. :thumbup:

Keep them coming.

That is one epic Treebeard. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Dead Marshes is nice too, the function is just how I would've imagined.

Beautiful. I especially like the hidden corpse in the Dead Marshes.

Definitely a good choice to continue with your project, Nuju Metru! Even with the official sets in sight, a bit of variety never hurts and your MOCs have been excellent so far, accurate and yet with tons of "official set flair", if you can call it that. :thumbup:

Both sets are wonderful, I'd buy them instantly. The highlight for me is your treebeard, I hadn't even thought about the possibility before, but now I hope there will be official ents in the LotR product line!

The Dead Marches are neat, too. The play feature looks well executed and if this were a real set, I'd buy it just for the cool and useful pieces. :laugh:

I can't wait to see your next MOCs. Have you planned any sets that will be getting the official treatment in the summer or are you avoiding those?

Edited by Speedboat

Great stuff again. Loving Treebeard. I've never been able to picture in my head what I think a Lego Ent should look like, but that's spot-on.

I love the way you've done Treebeard! He looks amazing. Nice job on him and the rest of you creations.

I concur with those praising treebeard, very very well done with him. I must say that I think he's your best LOTR build as of yet. :thumbup:

Some amazing designs and beautifully photographed as well. Great job on Treebeard in particular. :thumbup: I would definitely go for that set.

Wow, that Treebeard is simply fantastic. And to top it off it would make a perfect official Lego set. The Dead Marshes set is also very nice though I don't think Lego would ever make a set based on that scene (not iconic / action-packed enough).

Excellent Treebeard! :thumbup: I really quite like both sets you've built so far and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

It's great that your LOTR project continues now!

The Dead Marshes scene is a great idea, even for the real set! The usage of trans-clear tiles and the function are awesome!

Like the face of Treebeard. The only thing that looks odd to me is Gollum figure! Nothing wrong with the skeleton body, but I wish there were some custom, maybe only face decal...

Definitely a good choice to continue with your project, Nuju Metru! Even with the official sets in sight, a bit of variety never hurts and your MOCs have been excellent so far, accurate and yet with tons of "official set flair", if you can call it that. :thumbup:

Both sets are wonderful, I'd buy them instantly. The highlight for me is your treebeard, I hadn't even thought about the possibility before, but now I hope there will be official ents in the LotR product line!

The Dead Marches are neat, too. The play feature looks well executed and if this were a real set, I'd buy it just for the cool and useful pieces. :laugh:

I can't wait to see your next MOCs. Have you planned any sets that will be getting the official treatment in the summer or are you avoiding those?

Well, the issue is that TLG already did such a fantastic job with Helm's Deep... I would feel silly competing with that. Odds are good that no, I won't be making sets for the second movie that they've already done.

First post updated with the next set - Edoras! Go check it out!

Glorious Meduseld!

Hei. I would buy your Edoras set straight away and your Boromir is better than the LEGO official version.

Congratulations

Great job on the modularity of the hall :thumbup: It looks very nice, great figs too.

Looking forward to your next build :classic:

From what I have seen of your builds I think they are actually better then the pictures of the sets I have seen from Lego! I love the figures even how you build Gollum very ingenious!

The Modular parts of the buildings are perfect just like Lego would build, Superb work!

Awesome sets! I especially like your Meduseld, it looks like a very believable LEGO set. I'd buy it in an instant, the design is just perfect. The Treebeard is very lovely as well, I think it's one of the best Treebeards out there. Finally, the Dead Marshes set is well-designed, but here I'm not really feeling that this could be an actual LEGO set. Anyway, great stuff. Can't wait to see what else you got up your sleeve :sweet: !

They all look fantastic! As cool as Treebeard is, I think my favourite has to be the Edoras set. Do you have any pics of the inner construction of the roof section?

Excellent work! I would buy everyone of these! Treebeard is nicely designed and built cleverly, but I agree with Ed-209, Edoras is even better!

Oh wow!!! I love what you've done here.

My favourite is definitely Edoras - it is simply beautiful! And it actually looks 100% like an official set - in the MMV league. Impressive.

I am also very impressed with your Treebeard.

I would not Think twice about purchasing these.

Do you plan to make building instructions for these? I would pay you to do it ;)

The Edoras set is simply amazing. Exchange the mini figures for official ones, add one or two Rohan banners, and I'd buy it right away. As said before, it looks like an official set. In fact, I might consider buying the bricks to build it myself. :)