steelwoolghandi

Monochrome Collector box

So ever wanted to add more to your Monochrome collection? Here would be a chance to add more minifigures and colors to your collection! imagine a box like a box of crayons but with different colors of Monochrome minifigures in it! These would be true Lego figures not crayons.

I have posted it on Cuusoo under Monochrome

Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for improvement I would love to hear about it?

SWG

post-10256-133608185444.jpg

Edited by steelwoolghandi

I like this idea, and I find the "crayon" aspect of it quite fun. :classic: You've got my vote. :thumbup:

I think that this could work greatly for minifig customizers. Perhaps Lego should even release sets of minifigure parts only for people to customize figs, like it was done with the Mr. Potato Head toys.

I like it, too; the next time I'm on Cuusoo I'll vote for it for sure (I go like once a week and look at all the new additions in chronological order until I get to ones I've seen before, so I don't miss anything).

I'm not so sure I like the crayon box part; something more like the minifigure case they've already released - or something smaller, perhaps, since they don't have hair or accessories that take up space.

It's also been suggested that LEGO do better at selling parts. PAB has such a limited selection; BAM at the stores is OK, but given the wide variety of parts it still seems rather limited, and you just sometimes get lucky stumbling on some pieces you want. I know people have discussed an online BAM with more options here before... perhaps in the "what minifigures are we missing" thread.

I don't want to go off topic in this thread, though, but I would add that, as a collector and not really a "play-er," I mostly display my LEGO(*), and think a monochrome set would be quite cool... I'd even display a set at work.

(*) Except trains.

I like it, too; the next time I'm on Cuusoo I'll vote for it for sure (I go like once a week and look at all the new additions in chronological order until I get to ones I've seen before, so I don't miss anything).

I'm not so sure I like the crayon box part; something more like the minifigure case they've already released - or something smaller, perhaps, since they don't have hair or accessories that take up space.

It's also been suggested that LEGO do better at selling parts. PAB has such a limited selection; BAM at the stores is OK, but given the wide variety of parts it still seems rather limited, and you just sometimes get lucky stumbling on some pieces you want. I know people have discussed an online BAM with more options here before... perhaps in the "what minifigures are we missing" thread.

I don't want to go off topic in this thread, though, but I would add that, as a collector and not really a "play-er," I mostly display my LEGO(*), and think a monochrome set would be quite cool... I'd even display a set at work.

(*) Except trains.

I chose the Crayon box idea because of the colors and the idea just stuck in my head? It could be another type box but I think that people would associate the crayon type idea with the figures this way and presentation is a big thing!

BAM at most of the Lego stores I have been in is worthless to me they have all the same type of heads, hair and a few different bodies and such but not a great selection, I see that mainly for the kids and not for the AFOL. The PAB wall at our local Lego Store is kept up well but not with any minifigure parts and I know most stores their PAB walls are not kept up with a good assortment of items.

this set if mainly for the collector and or customizer to be able to get different colored minfigures and not have to pay and "Arm and a Leg" for the them! (yes pun intended).

It's a neat concept. Can we get a photo of your MOC on the first post though? That will make the whole thread more interesting :wink:

It's a neat concept. Can we get a photo of your MOC on the first post though? That will make the whole thread more interesting :wink:

Thanks for asking I attached a photo of it as requested! thanks agian

Aaron

Hey, congrats on 100+ supporters! I would like to suggest you to make the pic on the first post a direct link to the project. :classic:

Try to get Huw on Brickset put it on the Cuusoo Corner.

Also, if there are pages dedicated to minifigure fans (which I haven't seen), you should try to gather support there. :sweet: