George G.

Avengers Sets - The Continuity Errors

Another small error I noticed between the film and sets is that in the Hulk set, the computer screen sticker shows Space Invaders whilst in the film the guy is playing Galaga :)

A7800_Galaga.png

Looks similar enough :tongue:

Another small error I noticed between the film and sets is that in the Hulk set, the computer screen sticker shows Space Invaders whilst in the film the guy is playing Galaga :)

LOL, yes I noticed that too! Honest, I just forgot to mention it! :laugh:

Another point which I don't think has been mentioned yet, what's with the little flying robot thing that drops out the bottom of the Quinjet model? Not only is there nothing like that in the movie, I still don't even know what it's supposed to be! *huh*

There were many errors as far as continuity, which is unfortunate and to be accurate it was Nick Fury that was chasing Loki and Hawkeye, not Black Widow...

Don't forget Maria Hill!

Other than that, I think the sets are fairly accurate as far as it can go for LEGO :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

In 6867: Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape. The Cosmic is White Translucide.

Why ? To me it must be blue.

Edited by gnaat

Well Lego has changed the set to make it more kid friendly including figs that never saw the ship

What Figs in the Quinjet never 'see' one in the film. Black widow is in one in Stuttgart, Thor lands on it, Iron man flies out the back of one. Thor lands on it and Loki is flung out of one

Edited by surrideo

Another point which I don't think has been mentioned yet, what's with the little flying robot thing that drops out the bottom of the Quinjet model? Not only is there nothing like that in the movie, I still don't even know what it's supposed to be! *huh*

I figured it's supposed to actually be the

atomic bomb / missile lanched by the jet to level Manhattan, and which Iron Man sends into the portal.

Edited by Big Cam
Added spoiler tags

first, you should probably spoiler/remove that for those that haven't seen the movie (not even on general release in the US yet).

Second, I didn't think that was a quinjet. I thought the only weapon we see is the gatling gun (which is missing on the lego model)

Spoiler tags added, please keep in mind those who haven't seen the film yet. That's what the spoiler tags are for. :classic:

Oops, my bad!

I actually though this whole thread was obviously pretty spoilery, but I guess I should have exercized some extra caution for plot points like the one described.

mrklaw, no, it was definitely not a Quinjet in the movie. I guess marcosbessa, who designed the Quinjet, took some artistic license!

The biggest mistake in the avengers sets is in the hulk helicarrier breakout. Why space invaders it should be galiga :laugh: .

well the only 'mistake' I've noticed so far the star and ring printed on my captain americas shield is noticeably off center and doesn't line up with the handle properly so the tip of the star never points fully up when its on the back of his bike.

I actually really like caps bike but I'd also like to see one were the shield can be mounted on the front of the bike like in captain america the first avenger.

also it might just be me but black widow's minifig makes her look about ten years older and the hair colour seems far duller than in the film.

I'm sure the little drone is meant as a little spy plane. Much like the USAs Predator drone. That's what it looks like to me.

I'm sure the little drone is meant as a little spy plane. Much like the USAs Predator drone. That's what it looks like to me.

Possibly. Perhaps it is

the nuke that Iron Man has to stop/divert from its course to Manhattan.

The only glaring ones are Iron Man in the Cosmic Cube Escape set and Cap's bike, but watching the movie I was impressed with how right TLG got the sets, especially in comparison to PoP or even PotC from last year.

6867: Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

Problems:

1) Iron Man didn't feature in this scene at all.

2) Hawkeye didn't have his bow with him and was wearing more of an army style outfit, not his Avenging attire.

3) Loki wasn't in his "gold" outfit and hadn't produced his helmet yet.

How it should have been done:

The truck is fine and is also very accurate. However, I think Iron Man should be replaced with Black Widow as she was the only one actually trying to chase down Loki and Hawkeye. Also, a slight change in costume printing would be appropriate for Loki and Hawkeye.

Except Black Widow wasn't in the scene either. Actually the most appropriate fig would be Maria Hill or Nick Fury. I certainly understand why the put Iron Man in though, as I don't know how well the set would sell without him

6868: Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

Problems:

1) Hawkeye never flew one of the Shield Jets, and when he was in scenes on the Helicarrier he wasn't in his Avenging gear.

2) The set is far too small for the scenes it featured.

LEGO really missed a trick with this set. In my opinion, this should have been the flagship set and the Quinjet should have been shrunk (more info later). The whole middle sequence (I'd say 45mins-60 mins of the film took place on the helicarrier and included many crucial scenes. If this were the size of the Quinjet (perhaps a little bigger) then everything that happened could be included. I would add Dr Banner and perhaps one of Loki's goons to fly the jet instead of Hawkeye.

While Hawkeye didn't fly the jet, this is LEGO, and his being in there was one of the big triggers for the scene. This is definitely a playset and as such I think is very successful. The SHIELD jet can do double duty as both Hawkeye's Quinjet and the SHIELD F-35, and you can react the fight between Hulk and Thor

6869: Quinjet Aerial Battle

Problems:

1) Thor never rode in (or on :tongue: ) the Quinjet.

2) The set seems a little oversized seeing as they only really sit in the cockpit and jet off to a new location. I believe that the set is true to minifigure scale, but I do believe LEGO could have got away with going a little smaller

As I said before, I think this set should have been smaller, being reduced to the £50 kit. Also, I think Loki and Thor should be replaced with Captain America and Hawkeye, as they both ride with Black Widow to the battle.

Well what else could be done?

Uh, Thor very definitely rode "on" the Quinjet, albeit briefly. It's too bad the cockpit isn't bigger so Black Widow and Hawkeye could ride side-by-side. Since Iron Man and Thor are both self-propelled flyers, they're presence in this set doesn't bother me, as everything in the set is from the final battle. I agree the SHIELD drone is probably the Nuke.

The biggest omissions from the Marvel sets for me are the SHIELD agents. Coulson, Fury and Maria Hill all have significant enough parts that it'd be nice to see them in Lego form. I'm going to hold out hope for a Millennium Falcon/Malevolence size Helicarrier set.

I can't help but thinking they could've done a bit more with the quinjets interior you've got the cockpit a nice little two person seating area a storage area for flying drone thing and a fairly blank area in the back that can be used for a couple of minifigs if your patient and delicate enough with your fingers. personally I'd gone for a bigger interior with enough seats for four avengers and clips to hold their weapons if possible I'd also put in a way to store captain americas bike or have a space big enough for hulk.

personally I'd gone for a bigger interior with enough seats for four avengers and clips to hold their weapons if possible I'd also put in a way to store captain americas bike or have a space big enough for hulk.

I don't think the Hulk itself could fit inside the interior of the Quinjet :laugh:

But did the Quinjet have a seating area? I can't find any concept art of the interior, I need to know for... MOCing reasons. :wink:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

I figured it's supposed to actually be the

atomic bomb / missile lanched by the jet to level Manhattan, and which Iron Man sends into the portal.

I agree that it looks like some sort of unmanned drone...

more than it looks like a missile. Although the missile idea does sort of make more sense, even though the nuke is launched from one of the smaller fighter jets in the film.

But either way, I think I'm going to rip the middle section out and replace it with a more accurately detailed interior.

I don't think the Hulk itself could fit inside the interior of the Quinjet :laugh:

But did the Quinjet have a seating area? I can't find any concept art of the interior, I need to know for... MOCing reasons. :wink:

The promo minifig of Hulk could! :tongue:

And yes, the interior is shown to have seats in the movie. Directly behind the cockpit doorway there's a computer console on the right wall; Coulson is shown using it sitting in a swivel-chair (also facing to the right of course.) Further back there is a series of inwards-facing bucket seats running along the left and right hand walls. I can't tell how many there are, but I think at least three per side. Along the walls behind the bucket seats is a cargo shelf, with a low railing at shoulder level to stop the cargo from sliding off. That's all I can remember! :laugh:

Saw The Avenger's today, I'm gonna point out the errors in the sets:

Avenging Cycle: Cap doesn't use a motorcycle in the film. Not even once.

Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape: Iron Man isn't in that scene.

Hulk's Helicarrier Escape: Hawkeye was using a Quinjet, not a standard plane. I know it would make the set super expensive, but it would've been better to include Phil Coulson and his The Destroyer gun. And none of the characters in the set except Loki show up in the cell room. And the title is wrong, he was never trying to escape, Loki's staff just made him mad and he went on a rampage, but he attacked a plane meant to shoot it's minigun at him which sent him hurtling into a building.

Quinjet Aerial Battle: The Quinjet is shot down before any on of those characters, except Black Widow and the foot soldier, show up. Loki is too busy hanibal lecturing Stark, Stark is to busy being hanibal lectured by Loki, and Thor is off in some field. I would have preferred a Leviathan instead of a Quinjet.

Though I'm just being nitpicky.

Saw The Avenger's today, I'm gonna point out the errors in the sets:

Since there's a topic all about this already I've moved your post.

One thing nobody has mentioned is its not officially an "avengers assemble" line its marvel super heroes, so naturally these changes have been made to allow the figures to be released in fun playable sets, sure captain America doesn't have a bike in the film or Hawkeye doesn't fly a jet, but it doesn't make the sets any less cooler.

One thing nobody has mentioned is its not officially an "avengers assemble" line its marvel super heroes, so naturally these changes have been made to allow the figures to be released in fun playable sets, sure captain America doesn't have a bike in the film or Hawkeye doesn't fly a jet, but it doesn't make the sets any less cooler.

Um, yes, Hawkeye does fly a jet. When Captain America walks in on Black Widow asks if she knows how to fly one, he comes out of the bathroom and says he does.

Did I miss Hawkeye wearing the Cyclops shades his minifigure has? I didn't notice them in the movie at all.

No, he never wore those Cyclops shades in the movie, and I wish his hair was more accurate.