Ceroknight

LEGO CUUSOO BTTF DeLorean Time Machine ACHIEVED

08_DeLorean_en.png

I don't think there's a topic for the newly achieved CUUSOO, so here it is!

Honestly, I'll be surprised if this is made into a set.

I don't really like how it has been designed into Lego, and hopefully if it is to be made into an actual set, there will be some changes.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Ceroknight
Image added

It's meh, don't like the look as well; too clunky and bulky. It lacks the BTTF feel for me. :sadnew:

Though I like those whitewall tires. Are they painted?

Well LEGO has said before that they normally make a lot of changes to a model before it becomes an actual set, so it will probably look a lot better when its made (assuming that they make it)

I wouldn't buy the model as it is right now. But, Lego will obviously make some changes to it if they release it, so we'll have to see.

I think the minifigures are great. The time machine is also good, but not the best. I've seen better mocs in the same scale.

Hopefully it does become a set.

Well LEGO has said before that they normally make a lot of changes to a model before it becomes an actual set, so it will probably look a lot better when its made (assuming that they make it)

The thing with this is that they'd still have to obtain the License to build it. Us fan's can build whatever we want because we aren't selling it for profit. LEGO would be doing this, I think if they actually wanted to go forward with this, they'd have to obtain the license and if they do, they would build much more than just this one set. I for one hope they do.

It will definitely be a different design if it gets made. I really hope this becomes a set, but I do have concerns about licensing, since Universal is a much bigger deal than Mojang. If they do pull it off and the end result isn't too expensive, I can guarantee I'll buy it.

I would love to see a BTTF set. Preferably from the first and second movie before the third. I have a feeling Lego will reject this though. I know Mattel has the license for action figures, prop replica's and Hot Wheels. Minimates also put out a few sets so I'm not sure how realistic is that we'll get this.

As one of the people supporting this project, I'm quite delighted to see it achieve the 10,000 votes needed to go to the review stage. If it does get made, I will definitely buy it, mainly due to being a HUGE BTTF fan (I bought the 25th anniversary collectors DVD box set).

Two words: "Great SNOT!" :grin:

But, I kinda figured that this would soon get to 10,000, since it and EVE were over 9,500 around the same time, I figured once one went, the other would follow quickly. Seems like the Cuusoo staff thought so also, since they added the June reveiw! *huh*

If this gets made into a set (and is easy for us Aussies to get without needing to jump through hoops) I would seriously buy one.

I love Back To The Future and the DeLorian is second only to the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters as my favorite movie car.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has doubts with the current design.

Cuusoo is a very interesting concept and I'm very curious how this one will turn out.

By the way, thanks for adding the picture Rick!

I was going to add one myself, but I was too tired :blush:

This thread doesn't even have a link to the Cuusoo page yet! It is here.

Ever since Hawkeye's big damn truck in the 'Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape' set, I've been wanting to see more oversized but highly detailed Lego vehicles. This could be one of them. I'm not absolutely committed to the design as it is, but I see what it could potentially be.

What would be nice if the set comes with different designs for the different phases the DeLorean goes through, including just being a plain DeLorean. The main build would be the same so it wouldn't need that many different parts, and could probably follow the same instructions up to a point. I don't know how the wheels would be turned down for the flying car version, but I'm sure it could be done.

Oh, and definitely a hoverboard. :wink:

Edited by David Thomsen

I like. :) It's a shame that the Modular Western Town has only achieved 10'000 supporters at the wrong time. But I am really looking forward to the final set.

Nice that this is the next set. Though it seems to me, that they just picked one of the four review models to make, and dumped the others--which sucks because it seems you need 10,000 votes and then need to be able to beat out the others who got 10,000 votes (Which itself could be troublesome depending on how many models are in one review compared to others). Too bad the Western Town didn't make it, it would work well with the Lone Ranger stuff coming out.

wow - it will be released in mid 2013 as official set!

LEGO video

Well it's not like it is going to be a very large or intricate set. That was probably the first of the Cuusoo projects that Lego went after since it was the simplest of them all. They probably have had all of the licensing issues taken care of months ago. It will be interesting to see how the designers change the model around to fit their standards.

Nice that this is the next set. Though it seems to me, that they just picked one of the four review models to make, and dumped the others--which sucks because it seems you need 10,000 votes and then need to be able to beat out the others who got 10,000 votes (Which itself could be troublesome depending on how many models are in one review compared to others). Too bad the Western Town didn't make it, it would work well with the Lone Ranger stuff coming out.

I think they just picked the smallest and easiest one to work with. Not only that, but now Lego can also say that 1% will go to the MJF Parkinson's disease charity since the guys who came up with this idea said that was what they were going to do.

This is wonderful news and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Like others have said its a shame about the modular western. However I happy that at least we get the BTTF set. Hopefully it won't be to expensive but I'm happy with it being a little other priced since 1% is going to charity. In 2013 we're gonna see some serious #*%^#.

As a BTTF fan, I'll buy this one for sure! (I still hope it will be a 6-wide car, because a 8-wide would be huge for my diorama...)

Well...that's somewhat too bad. I'm not too likely to buy the DeLorean, but there's a chance. Gotta see what the final product will be.

Hmm... I'm happy for the BttF fans and all, but I can't help but think this was an odd choice... Considering younger people will probably have never heard of Back to the Future.

But I'm sure Lego knows what they are doing! :classic:

Who am I kidding, they didn't pass Zelda. They've lost their minds...

Just saw the video. Excited about BTTF and that is pretty cool that the creators are donating their 1% to the MJF Foundation.

Oh how interesting..I still think it should undergo some changes in the design, but I'm sure this will be a big sale from all the fans.

It's also nice of them to donate their 1% :sweet:

I'd be happier about this if the BTTF offering weren't the _only_ project to pass review. All other issues aside, I just don't think it looks good for CuuSoo to have a a kit designed by one of your own contractors be the token "yes" vote after so many other external designs have either languished in support Hell for so long or been rejected outright. I'm NOT saying that there was any impropriety in the decision or that Masashi Togami's design should be discounted based on the fact that he worked for CuuSoo, but given the general level of disappointment and discontent people have had with the whole CuuSoo process up to this point, keeping everyone in limbo for six months then praising one or your own and rejecting everyone else was not exactly a great PR move at this point even if he IS donating his residuals to charity.