Ecclesiastes

Crystal Quest

Crystal Quest

6974911634_60bbaaf354_c.jpg

"Disan look ahead! We finally found it" "Indeed Gyrin, it was about time. Wandering through the dark woods wasn't that much fun anymore. It will be a piece a cake from now on. Look there is a path and even a kind of a staircase through the ditch. Funny that it looks so pretty with al those flowers though.

Gyrin:"Don't let that fool you, look very closely. There are dead bodies between the flowers. I think it has something to do with those flowers. So we will have to find another way to reach the other side."

Suddenly they heard a voice. "Whahahahaha, you're much smarter than I thought Druid. Well I can tell you, you're not passing it. Everyone who passes the flowers will die. When you walk by them they unleash a powder that will instandly knock a person out. Then they will take care of the body. Why do you think the flowers are that red?"

Disan:"Who said that, show yourself!"

"Why? I'm not hiding", said the voice.

7120982271_363b7e13a1_n.jpg7120999375_e9e0663362_n.jpg

Gyrin: "He's indeed not hiding, look behind you Disan. It's the tree. It's a Tree Lord. I thought there weren't any left."

Tree Lord: "There are still a few of us. Not all of us died by the raids. But it's not about me, it's about you. Leave now, you'll never get to the other side. And I will never tell how you can reach it"

Guards:"Well than we'll have to use our axes to make you talk."

Tree Lord:"Axes will not hurt me and if I die, the way to the crystal dies with me"

Disan:"I think I have an idea. Gyrin, freeze that trees roots!"

Tree Lord:"Nooooo!! Stop hurting my friend!"

Disan:"I do know that you and your tree friends don't fear axes. But dying roots because of frost leads to a dying tree. And hearing your no, I think i'm right. So lead us to the other side."

7120985119_a4dc7eb36e_n.jpg7121017051_cc6b40b27e_n.jpg

Tree Lord:"Hmmmmm... But beware. If you will take the crystal. The guardians will come alive not long after you've taken it!"

Disan:"I think I fear the flowers more than those statues, hahaha!

Suddenly the tree near the edge of the ditch started to split. And it was also bending towards the other side.

Gyrin:"A living bridge, I could have thought of that! Disan, take a guard and go get that crystal.

6974924480_f5551748ab_m.jpg6974914544_3e948de484_n.jpg7121004097_e117f65fbc_n.jpg

Guard:"What now, how do we ever get up there?"

Disan:"Look at the spear. I think it's some sort of stairs. So let's start climbing."

Guard:"That won't be easy!"

Disan:"That's not the spirit, we are Mitgardian. Climbing is in our blood, so let's get that crystal so that we can leave this place!"

7121001563_5887e4d66f_m.jpg7120987921_d02fc1dea8_n.jpg6974927228_2c071279a3_n.jpg

Back down at the feet of the statue.

Disan:"That went smooth."

Guard:"That's about to change. Look the statues. They're coming alive. We'll have to go across fast!"

Disan(yelling):"Gyrin, let that tree help us defeat that guardian! Those gryphons, won't be a problem for the guards!"

Gyrin:"Well Tree Lord, you'll probably know a way to defeat that giant guardian. So do it or your friends will suffer."

While the guards slayed the gryphons. Tree Lord commanded the trees beside the guardian to let him trip. The guardian tripped and hit the ground so hard it fell apart.

7121012089_9ca7238747_n.jpg6974932498_16818664f9_n.jpg

Tree Lord:"Now leave, you got what you wanted!"

Disan:"Indeed, let's bring this beauty to Elon Chorian!"

7121154975_d9f3c8dabc_z.jpg

Better photo's on flickr!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Wow Ecc! That statue is just so good! The trees are also great! Fun to see an entry that don´t have a regular tomb/temple!

Great work!

Wonderful entree! The statue is grand, and I really like the shield! A great story and characters make it a heavy-hitting contender for challenge3! Well done! :thumbup:

I've been looking forward to seeing your entry :classic: The statue is incredible, I really like the sword on his back :thumbup:

The tree-lord's face is perfect, keep up the amazing work and it won't be long before Mitgardia is in the lead!

oh wow, eccles, that is truely an awesome moc, and a nice story there! Your guardian is simply too well thought of to be true! Too bad you had to hurt the ent, I actually like them :wink:

Wow, that guardian is just amazing. Love it all - the sword on the back, the shield, the greebling, etc. Really nice job.

Thats awesome, I love that statue, very well built indeed! Nice idea and story, the channel of red flowers really stand out as a warning . Great entry :thumbup:

Very cool build, Ecclestias. The trees are beautiful and the guardian too, of course. The pictures are splendid. Compliments to you!

Thanks all for the kind words! :sweet:

Wow Ecc! That statue is just so good! The trees are also great! Fun to see an entry that don´t have a regular tomb/temple!

Great work!

Thanks, I did find this the hardest challenge. I didn't really had a good idea. I just started building a big statue and than came up with a story.

oh wow, eccles, that is truely an awesome moc, and a nice story there! Your guardian is simply too well thought of to be true! Too bad you had to hurt the ent, I actually like them :wink:

Well, they didn;t kill it :wink:

That statue is just amazing! The sheer of the enormity is stunning, and you've done a wonderful job on the head and the sword - simply amazing! The trees look great, and the whole layout is well done.

As Angeli said, fantastic!

I can just image that enormous statue in a forest somewhere waiting to be discovered, love the scale. Fun action shots of the story too. :sweet:

Epic guardian! I really like the fat trees too, it is very difficult to make them look good. I felt sorry for the gryphons though :sad:

I like that this is quite different in style to your other builds, but with the same high standards of technique and presentation. Superb entry

:classic:

Wonderful entry Ecclesiastes, that statue is amazing. I love the wild wood as well, and the concept of the deadly flowers is a great plot point. :thumbup: The only thing that niggles at me is the feeling that the ditch that the flowers are in ought to look less die-straight... just some ground cover growing over the edges of the ditch would have softened the look of it considerably. But overall it's a magnificent creation. Best of luck! :classic: