Scrubs

[Software] MecaBricks - Online Design Tool

I have started to convert a whole bunch of parts to the new system. That is a crazy amount of work to generate all the optimized assets but I think that the result is really worth the effort. Among others, the new Speed Champions Lamborgini Huracan is all converted and looks beautiful - 3D model.

49527334291_1641c33f64_b.jpg

Advanced issue found

On 4/28/2012 at 5:06 AM, Scrubs said:

Hey! Maybe I've missed the answer, so I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, but... :)

I'm interested in the "Photo to LEGO Mosaic" part. Is this functional in your app? If yes, can you tell me more about it? 

On 4/28/2012 at 5:06 AM, Scrubs said:

Workshop functions

• Perspective / Orthographic view
  • Undo/Redo
  • Part edges
  • Group management
  • Snap
  • Pivot point
  • Flexible parts
  • Show / Hide
  • Screenshot
  • Export to other 3D formats
  • LDD file import
  • Photo to LEGO Mosaic
  • A lot more...

Yes, that is one of the tools in the left hand side toolbar. Select an image on your hard drive and click generate. I think that there is a little bug on Firefox but other browsers work well.

11 hours ago, Scrubs said:

Yes, that is one of the tools in the left hand side toolbar. Select an image on your hard drive and click generate. I think that there is a little bug on Firefox but other browsers work well.

Thank you so much! Will try it later today. 

@Scrubs Continuing the discussion. You mention "leading industry software" and then say that Studio and LDCad are not that. If they are not "leading the industry then might I ask what software is doing that? 

I last tried to use MecaBricks 2 years ago and it left a terrible taste that I havent been back since. I just went and had another demo of the software and I see that you have improved it a lot but there are a few things that are still not what I would expect for an "industry leading software"

There is no export to other brick building formats. 

Tab doesnt seem to work. 

I have just tried to render a cover for a project and the scene is ~17000 bricks. It will not let me render even tho I have credits to be used. 

The snap functionality does no work as advertised in the "snap" video. 

Is there a way to change the default movement from the mouse? I would like the single left click to select a part and a drag of left click to be a multi-part selection by default, not a drag around the scene. 

I will be giving this a fair shake over the next few days as I work on some projects. 

1 hour ago, supertruper1988 said:

@Scrubs Continuing the discussion. You mention "leading industry software" and then say that Studio and LDCad are not that. If they are not "leading the industry then might I ask what software is doing that? 

Not in the LEGO world but the 3D world.

The snap functionality does no work as advertised in the "snap" video. 

Please let me know exactly what you try to achieve and I may be able to help. This snapping system is the heart of the building system so I'd be surprised.

I have just tried to render a cover for a project and the scene is ~17000 bricks. It will not let me render even tho I have credits to be used. 

It shall not be an issue normally. Any error message? Did you make sure that you ticked the checkbox to use credits?

Edited by Scrubs

I just added the support for camera objects in Mecabricks. I made a short video tutorial to explain the new workflow.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm trying to find and purchase a new computer that can handle Modular House-style 3,000+ part builds on Mecabricks.

@Scrubs, do you think you can help me?