Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

Dwarven Treachery

After a month-long leave from building I am happy to present the newest chapter to my Rise of the Mage Series:

Dwarven Treachery:

A few notable images:

6973544698_859d5d77ae_b.jpg

6973545850_309e237260_b.jpg

7119627529_7cfcd3ab9c_b.jpg

6973545250_de9cc44dd8_b.jpg

6973544866_39eb9cf46f_b.jpg

Full Story can be found on MOCPAGES

More Pictures on Flickr.

Those of you in Mitgardia will note this is another prat of our famous dwarf city "Omurtag".

As always, I like to hear what you think. This is a bit smaller than my previous builds, but there's a lot more technique usage.

I hope you like it!

Cheers. :thumbup::wink:

-Sirens

You are awesome Sirens!

This is so good , it fits with your other builds while being totally original .....jealous!:wub:

Amazing, the entrance with the statues is stunning.

I agree. Those statues are great. I also like the snow patches and the way you topped the hall with a Heroica Axe.

Where does the dwarven king's beard come from?

Yay! Another build from SoT :classic:

Great work as always, the stonework in the first scene looks great as do the statues and Pentagon(?) roof with windows.

Incredible detail work on the interiors in the floors and walls.

Quick questions: Do your free builds add to Mitgardia's score? And in the future will we be able to ask for feedback on our free-builds like we did in Challenge 2?

Very inspiring to have you as the leader of Mitgardia!

Ooh! I haven't read this yet because I'm a few chapters behind. I lobe the story and the MOCs created with it. I have you bookmarked on my iPad, even. How many chapters do you plan on making?

Really great, as always! I was just thinking the other day: "Sirens of Titan is about due for another episode of Return of the Mage. Wonder when he'll post it?"

After reading through it all I must say this; Nooooooooo! Vanek, why did you end up like this? :cry_sad: I liked him the most even though he only appeared in the marketplace scene.

Thank you for the great feedback guys! :thumbup:

There are 3 more chapters to go, each more epic than the last both in story, scale and techniques. :wink:

After reading through it all I must say this; Nooooooooo! Vanek, why did you end up like this? :cry_sad: I liked him the most even though he only appeared in the marketplace scene.

Firstly thank you for keeping up with the story, it's great to hear you have a favorite character. Secondly, this is part of the central conflict of the series; being unable to tell which side is the "good guys" and which side is the "bad guys". Both have their transgressions and flaws, and both have a good side. Whichever you pick to root for, you may always paint the other as villain. So in his own right Vanek could be a hero here; doing what he can to undermine the "evil empire". :wink:

Thanks for reading!

Firstly thank you for keeping up with the story, it's great to hear you have a favorite character. Secondly, this is part of the central conflict of the series; being unable to tell which side is the "good guys" and which side is the "bad guys". Both have their transgressions and flaws, and both have a good side. Whichever you pick to root for, you may always paint the other as villain. So in his own right Vanek could be a hero here; doing what he can to undermine the "evil empire". :wink:

Thanks for reading!

I know! The story is so political in a sense that if Aspuruh was switched with Vanek, it would seem so different. I just lurrrv storylines and this one is just great! Can't wait to see the leadup to the climax!!

Great work once again! Most impressive are the dwarf statues :wub: I love those. And the burned grounds, they look really good. And ofcourse not to forget the story! :classic:

Btw, when it's finished any plans of making a book!

Btw, when it's finished any plans of making a book!

I think it's better left as a visual story, it relies too much in the builds to stand up on its own. :wink:

Very cool! I really like the beginning with Kaloyan using a predecessor of Lego and explaining that it isn't only for children to play with "blocks" :laugh:

Can't wait for the next episode! :thumbup:

SoT: You bring so much inspiration to me and all of the community as well! Love your interiors but the angled stairs to the dwarf king has to be my favourite part!

One rainy day I will sit down and read all of the chapters! :classic:

oh my, what a day for mitgardia!! I've just finished reading all the chapters of this story, and right in time you there with another chapter. How cool is that? I's quite amazing with how much stuff you can come up. How often are you skipping class? :laugh:

oh my, what a day for mitgardia!! I've just finished reading all the chapters of this story, and right in time you there with another chapter. How cool is that? I's quite amazing with how much stuff you can come up. How often are you skipping class? :laugh:

Rarely, I write fast. :wink:

I've been reading your story from the start, and it is absolutely stunning. Your creations are amazing, this is without a doubt the best LEGO fantasy storyline I've ever seen. :wub:

And your Elves uniform is beautiful. I wish I had blue hoods, arms and Dastan's torsos. I might even have to buy some just to make something like them... :drool:

Amazing work as usually mate! The staircase is a great detail, as is the statues, door and that excellent rock work. Your interior scenes are always a joy to view. I Love it all :thumbup:

Gorgeous lava, the contrast between the neon orange and black rocks down through grey to the water. Lovely.

I think it's better left as a visual story, it relies too much in the builds to stand up on its own. :wink:

I think you should make it a book, and make the MOCs the illustrations. Seriously.

Maybe, but It could work accompanied with the pictures! Sort of a comic book. I would buy it!:wink:

I have to agree with everyone, it is a superb work you have developed not only with the MOCs but with the characters, names, story, locations, photography, is a magnificent project you have undertaken and I would love it to see the final of it, and your development of this task as a comic-book.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: